Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Pretty Sure Most People Would Like This.

Zero5412

I agree to a certain point, there should be ways to introduce these guys to newbie’s so that way they can stop complaining about them and do more killing

There is. Haven't you gone back and levelled up a new Warframe to refresh your memory? The first time you encounter Ancients, you see one, maybe 2 per spawn... and they're not that hard.

I think the game scales pretty well in that regard.

Unless you want to add like... Borderlands-style freeze-frame name screens

WHOOSH!

DISRUPTOR

(He gonna F*** yo S#&$ up, fo real)

As someone else has mentioned, I don't like the fact that you can't see and the fact that any orbs you "pick up" disappear and you gain no energy.

It is particularly annoying if you have a bunch of orbs saved incase that happens, and you stumble into the orbs, removing them from the game.

I don't want a nerf of the disruptors, but I wouldn't mind if you could pick up energy orbs, but you are still unable to use powers for the duration of the disruption.

@TunaMayo

I see two possibilities:

1) Let you pick up energy orbs but dont let you use abilities until the time limit has ended that currently makes the energy orbs just disappear

2) Dont let you pick up orbs at all until that time limit expires.

Both of them would be reasonable and solve the issue. Personally I would rather go for the latter rather than the former.

@TunaMayoI see two possibilities:1) Let you pick up energy orbs but dont let you use abilities until the time limit has ended that currently makes the energy orbs just disappear2) Dont let you pick up orbs at all until that time limit expires.Both of them would be reasonable and solve the issue. Personally I would rather go for the latter rather than the former.

The first is the one I had in mind but I can see the second working also. Either or would be fine with me I just feel some change is needed in that area.

Also with the new animations/graphics for ancients I how they get a unique sound/call aswell. Give us some sort of warning that they are on their way or behind you.

Also with the new animations/graphics for ancients I how they get a unique sound/call aswell. Give us some sort of warning that they are on their way or behind you.

^This

Hopefully they won't have 360-through their own bodies-bullS#&$ attack arc either

25 waves solo on Io.

Times disrupted = 0

Times knocked down = 0

30 waves on Xini.

Times disrupted = 0

Times knocked down = 0

I dont even care if they are able to instagib me. I never get hit by ancients. Nerf them, buff them - as long as they cannot teleport or have no long-range attacks, they are just massive walking pieces of super-heavy-armored dead meat.

Not that I think anything actually requires a change in this matter, but I think possibly the only truly "annoying" thing about Disruptors is, as people have discussed, the fact that you can pick up energy orbs after disruption...and get no energy.

The simplest fix for this would be to code your "disrupted" state as "full energy" for the purposes of loot pickups. That way, until the disruption ends, you can't pick up and waste energy orbs.

Not that I think anything actually requires a change in this matter, but I think possibly the only truly "annoying" thing about Disruptors is, as people have discussed, the fact that you can pick up energy orbs after disruption...and get no energy.

The simplest fix for this would be to code your "disrupted" state as "full energy" for the purposes of loot pickups. That way, until the disruption ends, you can't pick up and waste energy orbs.

This, this is what I want fixed.

I guess, come to think of it, it might be easier to code it so that for the duration of the disruption, your energy capacity is 0

I mean, I don't claim to know how the game is built, but since energy/health/shield caps can be increased or decreased mid-game, it shouldn't be so hard to change the disruptor's effect from an energy drain, to a change to the energy cap.

That way, with the cap set to 0, the game would consider you to be "full" at 0.

So some guy asks for an enemy which is ridiculously binary (completely nonthreatening unless you screw up once at which point you lose everything and die) to be nerfed because they're, well, ridiculously binary.

And the response he gets is 'lrn2play noob'? Seriously?

Disruptors are bad design. They take away a finite resource that does not regenerate (energy) that is a core game mechanic. Chances are this is because the Warframe devs screwed up big time when they decided to switch to non-regenerating energy from cooldowns. If they solely did shield draining they'd keep 90+% of the difficulty but not be nearly as lame. If energy naturally regenerated at a rate worthwhile enough that you could use abilities relatively frequently, they could keep their current mechanics.

But right now they're simultaneously boring, easy, and frustrating. They're fake difficulty. What if Disruptors took away all your ammunition as well? Or maybe they should drain platinum on every hit? That'd make them good enemies right? Then you'd be really scared if one showed up!

A Disruptor nerf. Make them drain 50% shields and 50% energy with knock-down and a cool down effect before they can do it again.

Nothing in Warframe is worse than having a Disruptor knock you down, and drain all your shields and energy in those desperate times in a defense mission where the Cryo-Pod is getting attacked and then you are stuck between more infested and Ancients, as they try to rip you to pieces unable of slash-dashing your way out and saving your objective. (I speak for myself here)

THANK YOU!!! 

I just got all my energy and ready for the next wave!

Ancient Disruptor: Lol, nope.

outside of ancients there is no reason to fear any infested.

Thats exactly the problem.

It shouldnt be a bunch of useless mobs with a few OP mobs.

The enemies should create challenge at a better balance.

I agree with Madotsuki's second comment.

I think they could be scaled, but I don't want to necessarily see them nerfed. I think lower lvl Disruptors could be scaled in their energy drain, but once you get higher lvl, its kinda your/teammates fault if they get too close, imo. I see way too many people avoiding their arms by running around, instead of rolling/back flipping/sliding and then...they run right into another disruptor's clothesline lol.

So I say a scaled drain would be a good idea, but nerfed all around...nah. In some scenarios, considering our powers r increments of 25, you'd still be just as screwed by being a few points short of an ability because of a 25-50% drain as you would be 100%

only nerf that ancient disruptors need is the name change to Ancient Rick Astley, and when u get hit music start playing:

I support this. The "Never gonna give you up" line, would encourage so many people to avoid disruptors, they wouldn't need a nerf lol.

I think disruptors by them self are a bit op. Their ability is way over the top in comparison to other things in the game. I would like to see them nerfed BUT only if other enemys get a buff. At the moment infested are a huge army of "i dont give a sh***" with the strongest enemy in the game mixed in. i like the challenge disrupters give but would like to see this challenge spread out to other enemys instead focused on one enemy type. 

What about they suck energy and shields away like they do now.. but when you kill them, you get i back? But they grow stronger for every point of energy and shield energy they absorbed. How about the baneling type enemys, that needs longer to explode but ignores shield and directly hits HP (would make dodging more important, but gives you more chance to evade as they give you now). How about enemys that need special methods to kill them (like shooting of an armor plate to reveal a weak spot, wich is the only point they can be hurt. How about single target nukes ignore this "weak spot thing" to make them usefull in another way instead competing in damage against guns? Make more enemy types challenging and have a concept to mix theese better.

Radomize enemy groups into squads where its more often one or two challenging enemys mixed with a group of normal "footsoldiers". This composition avoids perma teleports from grineer commanders, because RNG suddenly generates 20 in the same room, while also give each frame some interesting encounters. Every enemy squad automatically has some challenges and weaknesses. The footsoldiers are alway fodder for aoe spam, the challenging ones are prone to control and single target nuke effects. And when you play in a group, players can work together better, by letting that saryn destroy the footsoldiers with an aoe, while the loki distracts the big one, the invisible ash, cutting off that armor plate from a commander, and the last one snipes the revealed weak spot.

Dont make this kind of play a necessity, but the most effective/fastest way, to kill things. This gives a a coordinated group a rewarding feeling.

The problem is, the disruptor screws one play style more than the other. Some people like to use skills, focusing entirely on skills. Meanwhile, weapons users don't have to do much more than shoot and swing, even when a disruptor gets them.