Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris Prime status build

Inarticulate

Question

So the Tigris Prime has 30% base status chance, meaning it can reach 100% status with all 4 60% status-elemental mods. For anyone new to status shotguns, this means that every pellet has a 100% chance of proccing a status (due to the way probability calculations work). This would mean a build of:

• (Primed) Point Blank
  • Hell's Chamber
  • All 4 60% status-elemental mods
  • 2 slots remaining for your choice of Sweeping Serration, Seeking Fury, and Blaze

I can't start testing until I get back home, but how well does a build like this stack up against a raw damage build? Do enemies even survive long enough to make a status build worth it? Does the Tigris Prime even have enough pellets to make this worth it (wiki doesn't have the pellet count up yet last I checked the comment section)? I'm thinking solo Sortie-3-tier enemies and bosses and possibly Rathuum (so no 4 Corrosive Projections).

And please don't compare the Tigris Prime to the Sancti Tigris here. I'm specifically wondering about how the status and raw damage builds stack against each other.

14 answers to this question

with how Overpowered Shotguns are, the Status will certainly make using it at moderate Levels more interesting(it'll Kill everything in one shot with your eyes closed either way), and having Status capability is ofcourse useful in the long run vs high Level Enemies.

based on Sancti Tigris, i'd presume it has 6 Pellets.

Edited by taiiat

1 hour ago, Inarticulate said:

So the Tigris Prime has 30% base status chance, meaning it can reach 100% status with all 4 60% status-elemental mods. For anyone new to status shotguns, this means that every pellet has a 100% chance of proccing a status (due to the way probability calculations work). This would mean a build of:

• (Primed) Point Blank
  • Hell's Chamber
  • All 4 60% status-elemental mods
  • 2 slots remaining for your choice of Sweeping Serration, Seeking Fury, and Blaze

I can't start testing until I get back home, but how well does a build like this stack up against a raw damage build? Do enemies even survive long enough to make a status build worth it? Does the Tigris Prime even have enough pellets to make this worth it (wiki doesn't have the pellet count up yet last I checked the comment section)? I'm thinking solo Sortie-3-tier enemies and bosses and possibly Rathuum (so no 4 Corrosive Projections).

And please don't compare the Tigris Prime to the Sancti Tigris here. I'm specifically wondering about how the status and raw damage builds stack against each other.

Well, the Tigris Prime is a straight upgrade to the normal Tigris. Overall it deals 40% more damage than the basic variant.

The normal Tigris looses around 6% of its total damage switching from all-damage to all-status.

I think it's safe to say that the Prime version will be dealing noticeably higher damage than the normal variant even when the normal variant is modded for pure damage and the Prime is modded for pure status. This will be further highlighted with Viral, Corrosive, or Gas procs that should show up fairly often on top of the massive amount of Slash procs the weapon will generate for bleeding over time.

Spoiler

I know you don't want a Sancti Tigris/Tigris Prime fight but purely for the sake of completeness the Sancti version delivers slightly less base damage. If both are modded the same way the Tigris Prime will deal slightly more damage per shot without crits. Crits may push the Sancti version just out in front for DPS but the Prime's status effects could well make up for that thanks to the bleeds.

Okay, so first off, I want to say that playing around in the Simulacrum with the Tigris Prime makes me feel like I'm cheating or something.

I mean, even getting the Forma on the weapon to make the build even feels like cheating; it costs a total of one Forma to make the status build. That's literally 15 minutes of Telesto, Saturn, (Grineer Galleon Exterminate) and I'm already done completing the build.

The raw damage and status builds aren't exactly compatible with each other, so I've only bothered to test the status build, and I now have literally zero interest in even bothering with the raw damage build. This is my current build:

• Point Blank (I don't have Primed Point Blank ranked at all, so Point Blank will have to do)
  • Hell's Chamber
  • Seeking Fury
  • Sweeping Serration
  • 4 60% status-elemental mods

And here's what this build does in the Simulacrum. Note that I'm firing as fast as I can and manually triggering the reload, so I'm not even waiting for the Slash procs to finish:

• It takes 3 magazines to kill a level 100 Corrupted Bombard with Corrosive-Blast. I'm not even bothering with head shots at this point.
  • It takes 2 magazines to kill a level 100 Corrupted Bombard with Radiation-Viral. Viral is OP beyond belief with this level of Slash proccing. Armor means nothing at this point.
  • It takes 3 magazines to kill a level 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner with Corrosive-Blast.
  • It takes 3 magazines to kill a level 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner with Radiation-Viral. That might actually be 2 magazines if I let the second set of Slash procs finish.
  • It takes 1 magazine to kill a level 140 Corrupted Ancient with Corrosive-Blast if I kind of sort of aim for the head. It dies in one shot if I wait for the Slash to finish.
  • It takes 1 magazine to kill a level 140 Corrupted Ancient with Radiation-Viral. It definitely dies in one shot if I wait for the Slash to finish.
  • It takes 3 magazines to kill a level 100 Bursa with Corrosive-Blast from the back.

Yeah. I don't think I even care to try a raw damage build. Slash procs on top of a Viral proc are kind of ridiculous.

If anyone has actually bothered to build for raw damage, can you share your experiences?

5 hours ago, mikami666134 said:

Yo, would using a nano-applicator - shotgun savvy will be better than 2 dual stat mod?

That way the status proc will be focused around slash and corrosive.

Corrosive procs are not necessary for the Tigris Prime. Enemies simply don't live long enough for it to matter.

Nano-Applicator also requires you to perform an ability cast every 9 seconds to keep the effect up. Without Nano-Applicator's buff active, the status chance per pellet plummets dramatically from 100% per pellet to a mere 16% per pellet.

8 hours ago, Inarticulate said:

Corrosive procs are not necessary for the Tigris Prime. Enemies simply don't live long enough for it to matter.

Nano-Applicator also requires you to perform an ability cast every 9 seconds to keep the effect up. Without Nano-Applicator's buff active, the status chance per pellet plummets dramatically from 100% per pellet to a mere 16% per pellet.

Have you tested it? (I can't because I'm currently away from my computer; for a long time that is)

For argument's sake, the tigris prime has 8 pellets, that's 17.6 pellets each shot with hell's chamber. The current dmg spread is now ~56% slash and ~38% corrosive. That's 7 pellets proccing corrosive, which is ~92% armor reduction.

So, can you test it for me?

Oh and another thing, i sincerely think that there are a lot of casters which will cast abilities once every 9 seconds (mag, trin, inaros, ice wave frost, equinox, ash, banshee, atlas,etc). Heck, efficiency build (the one with 175%) is viable for most warframes anyway. And we can agree that 6.25 energy every 9 seconds isn't much, no?

Also, limbo with his 50% faster reload speed (banish->shoot->whack em with ripkas->dead eximus)

8 hours ago, mikami666134 said:

Have you tested it? (I can't because I'm currently away from my computer; for a long time that is)

For argument's sake, the tigris prime has 8 pellets, that's 17.6 pellets each shot with hell's chamber. The current dmg spread is now ~56% slash and ~38% corrosive. That's 7 pellets proccing corrosive, which is ~92% armor reduction.

So, can you test it for me?

Oh and another thing, i sincerely think that there are a lot of casters which will cast abilities once every 9 seconds (mag, trin, inaros, ice wave frost, equinox, ash, banshee, atlas,etc). Heck, efficiency build (the one with 175%) is viable for most warframes anyway. And we can agree that 6.25 energy every 9 seconds isn't much, no?

Also, limbo with his 50% faster reload speed (banish->shoot->whack em with ripkas->dead eximus)

Here are some quick not-terribly-scientific tests in the Simulacrum. I tried to fire as quickly as possible without missing, firing at nearly point blank aiming at the enemy's torso. Numbers sometimes varied by 1 or 2 shots, so take them with a grain of salt.

With Nano-Applicator, I cast Invisibility on the platform, fired my first magazine, cast Switch Teleport, and proceeded to finish the enemy off.

First build: Point Blank, Hell's Chamber, Seeking Fury, Sweeping Serration, 4 60% status-elemental mods for Radiation-Viral:

• Level 100 Corrupted Bombard: 4 shots.
  • Level 140 Corrupted Bombard: 6 shots.
  • Level 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner: 6 shots.
  • Level 140 Corrupted Heavy Gunner: 10 shots.

Second build: Point Blank, Hell's Chamber, Seeking Fury, Sweeping Serration, 4 60% status-elemental mods for Corrosive-Blast:

• Level 100 Corrupted Bombard: 6 shots.
  • Level 140 Corrupted Bombard: 8 shots.
  • Level 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner: 6 shots.
  • Level 140 Corrupted Heavy Gunner: 8 shots.

Third build: Point Blank, Hell's Chamber, Sweeping Serration, Shotgun Savvy, Nano-Applicator, 2 60% status-elemental mods for Corrosive. The last slot was left blank because I didn't have enough mod capacity for Seeking Fury, but that probably wouldn't have changed the number of shots by much.

• Level 100 Corrupted Bombard: 5 shots.
  • Level 140 Corrupted Bombard: 7 shots.
  • Level 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner: 7 shots.
  • Level 140 Corrupted Heavy Gunner: 8 shots.

Fourth build: Point Blank, Hell's Chamber, Shotgun Savvy, Nano-Applicator, 2 60% status-elemental mods and 1 90% elemental mod for Corrosive.

• Level 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner: 4 shots.
  • Level 140 Corrupted Heavy Gunner: 6 shots.

Fifth build: Point Blank, Hell's Chamber, Seeking Fury, 4 60% status-elemental mods and 1 90% elemental mod for Corrosive-Blast:

• Level 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner: 4 shots.
  • Level 140 Corrupted Heavy Gunner: 6 shots. Admittedly, I had to delay the third duplex shot by maybe 2 seconds because the Heavy Gunner simply wouldn't stop spazzing after getting up from the Blast proc.

Well color me surprised. I wasn't expecting the Corrosive procs to matter as much compared to the Slash procs, but I suppose that proved me wrong. The Nano-Applicator build appears to fare just as well as the 5-elemental Corrosive-Blast build, but it requires the additional maintenance of the Nano-Applicator buff and lacks the crowd control of the Blast proc. If that fits with your play style, don't let me dissuade you, but it doesn't really work for me. (Solo Limbo would have a field day, though.)

I suppose I now have a new build for slaughtering Grineer. Thanks for the suggestion. It really payed out.

2 hours ago, NPC said:

What about completely neglecting corrosive + blast 100% status chance and changing it into radiation + viral 100% status build? Viral proc + the Slash bleed proc seems to be a deadly combo.

That was test number 1 on my long post above. It's only slightly weaker than building for Corrosive-Blast against armor, but I will definitely admit that the Radiation procs on surviving enemies are very useful, especially when you're in a situation where you're shooting from medium range where you'll be experiencing damage fall-off.

It's currently my go-to build for high-level Infested because the Radiation proc gives me some breathing space to deal with the reload time.

Just got mine built today, so I'm testing it out too.

Based on the 100% status strun wraith, Corrosive is good once armor starts to become a problem since it's the only combo status that's actually worth stacking. Viral is worth just proccing once since it's doubling damage for a small period of time, a time that the Tigris can easily kill enemies with.