Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki Decoy

(PSN)Romulus93

If these things were implemented, then there would be no reason to use anything else. Almost everything is already baited into attacking the decoy, so if you made it invincible and increased agro on it, the enemies would be stuck in a rave-loop where they dance on the spot, trying to kill the decoy.

Logically, it doesn't make sense for the hologram to have health. But if we want to talk about logic, we can talk about how [Warframe X] defies the laws of [X] when they use [Ability X] to [X].

10 hours ago, KoherJavenal said:

If these things were implemented, then there would be no reason to use anything else. Almost everything is already baited into attacking the decoy, so if you made it invincible and increased agro on it, the enemies would be stuck in a rave-loop where they dance on the spot, trying to kill the decoy.

Logically, it doesn't make sense for the hologram to have health. But if we want to talk about logic, we can talk about how [Warframe X] defies the laws of [X] when they use [Ability X] to [X].

Something needs to be done with Decoy because it's Loki's only dead skill.

I've always supported this. The Duration would obviously have to be cut down quite a bit to compensate, though-- it should be a relatively brief distraction at all levels (as opposed to the current case, where it's an "everything is untouchable" button at lower levels and a waste of energy at higher levels).

At the moment, Decoy exists only to synergize with Disarm (and even then it's useless if Irratiating Disarm is equipped, since it seems to have equal aggro priority to Rad-procced enemies). Not that this isn't easily worked around with a half-decent build, but it would be nice for Decoy to at least be able to function on its own without needing to rely on the "no guns allowed" button.

Edited by SortaRandom

13 hours ago, (XB1)KOR Falleneagle said:

Do you want to know why most people don't use decoy on Loki? Its because it dies too fast for it to be useful for anything.

I use all loki abilities. It's pretty much the only perfectly balanced frame in the game. Decoy has massive aggro draw. You can use it to redirect disarmed horde. Or redirect that nillifier sniper shot.

58 minutes ago, Karav said:

Doesn't the invulnerability switch teleport mod help here? I'm not sure, but think it would considering the decoy counts as an ally. It would be awkward to use effectively, but it's a start.

It would be more helpful if it actually worked properly. Almost 75% of the time, either you or the Decoy fails to properly teleport to the other's location and then the augment doesn't activate. Bonus points for when you teleport to the Decoy but the Decoy doesn't budge, leaving both of you to be clobbered by whatever was initially aggro'd by the Decoy.

Even when it does work, it's still super dangerous to attempt if enemies aren't disarmed (at which point the augment is hardly of use anyway) since there are usually going to be bullets and missiles flying directly towards where you're teleporting to.

Edited by SortaRandom

Sorry but I'm going to plug my own thread here because I made a suggestion there about Decoy.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/692910-lets-improve-underwhelming-first-abilities/

Instead of making it invincible and duration based, I do believe I have a pretty elegant solution.  If you just make it duration based, you'll have to reduce the duration significantly to keep it balanced because you can do some pretty exploitative things with Decoy against the AI, if you increase its health, well DE will have to probably design the right amount of HP for every level, otherwise it will be useless, or overpowered anyway.  You also don't want to make it too much like Molt, because they already are quite similar, especially before Saryn's rework.  

My suggestion fixes most of these problems and still allow/require (depending on the situation) it to be used more "intelligently".