Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How much damage does one need against armored targets?

DesuTronic

Question

5 minutes ago, Slaviar said:

Hm, I always thought beam weapons are limited to one proc per second.

I was considering building Ignis for proc but this weapon, other than it's status and AoE, has absolutely nothing good

Ignis isn't a beam weapon.

Also even with its super low damage it can still kill lower lvl enemies (lvl 50 and lower) in just a few seconds. So its good for farming low lvl areas because you can just do one 360 and everything dies specially because the Ignis can shoot through any thickness of walls.

20 minutes ago, DesuTronic said:

Ignis isn't a beam weapon.

Also even with its super low damage it can still kill lower lvl enemies (lvl 50 and lower) in just a few seconds. So its good for farming low lvl areas because you can just do one 360 and everything dies specially because the Ignis can shoot through any thickness of walls.

Continuous, beam, you know what I mean. A I said, I thought they can proc only once per second though it's modified by fire rate mods

Edited by Slaviar

35 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

Why turn a cannon into a corrosive water pistol is beyond me. If you want to strip enemies off their armor (which you need in order for Tigris to shine) there are more effective ways than using corrosive procs on Tigris.

Having high corrosive damage doesn't mean it remove armor any better. Enemies who have armor have an extra weakness against corrosive damage. Weather I proc the corrosive proc or not the corrosive damage will still be dealt. AKA if an enemy takes 25% more damage against slash but 75% against corrosive then having all corrosive will deal more damage to that enemy.

34 minutes ago, DesuTronic said:

Having high corrosive damage doesn't mean it remove armor any better. Enemies who have armor have an extra weakness against corrosive damage. Weather I proc the corrosive proc or not the corrosive damage will still be dealt. AKA if an enemy takes 25% more damage against slash but 75% against corrosive then having all corrosive will deal more damage to that enemy.

Having higher Corrosive damage improves your Corrosive proc weight which means you will get more Corrosive procs and it removes armor better.

Corrosive damage not only has a +75% modifier against Ferrite but because of the way armor modifiers are calculated it also ignores a portion of the armor's mitigation.

To answer your question, it depends on the enemy level. At some point you're going to be doing 20k per shot to a lvl 300 Heavy with 300k HP.

Yes I know....  Sarcasm.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

Having higher Corrosive damage improves your Corrosive proc weight which means you will get more Corrosive procs and it removes armor better.

This build averages 0.88 Corrosive procs per shot.

This build is not stripping anything's armor anytime soon and appears to be meant to just blow holes through things taking advantage of Corrosive's damage calculation against Ferrite Armor.

55 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

This build averages 0.88 Corrosive procs per shot.

This build is not stripping anything's armor anytime soon and appears to be meant to just blow holes through things taking advantage of Corrosive's damage calculation against Ferrite Armor.

I'm not sure what you did to get that number.

With two 60% status mods it has a 66% chance per pellet.

30% * 2.2 = 66% per pellet.

11 pellets per shot at 66% chance has a 69% probability of yielding  7 or more procs per shot. Avg of 7.5.

After that you apply the proc weight.

42715 Corrosive, 45563 Slash, 11390 Impact/Puncture, 8543 Heat weight, 56953 non Corrosive weight,  108211 Total weight.

42715 /  108211 = 0.395 = 39.5% Corrosive proc weight. Meaning 40% of the procs will be corrosive.

7.5 avg procs * .40 = 3,  so every shot he will get an avg of 3 Corrosive procs.

I used his displayed multishot damage for weight. The numbers are different but the portions are the same. The probability is what changes.

44 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

I'm not sure what you did to get that number.

With two 60% status mods it has a 66% chance per pellet.

30% * 2.2 = 66% per pellet.

11 pellets per shot at 66% chance has a 69% probability of yielding  7 or more procs per shot. Avg of 7.5.

After that you apply the proc weight.

42715 Corrosive, 45563 Slash, 11390 Impact/Puncture, 8543 Heat weight, 56953 non Corrosive weight,  108211 Total weight.

42715 /  108211 = 0.395 = 39.5% Corrosive proc weight. Meaning 40% of the procs will be corrosive.

7.5 avg procs * .40 = 3,  so every shot he will get an avg of 3 Corrosive procs.

I used his displayed multishot damage for weight. The numbers are different but the portions are the same. The probability is what changes.

With two 60% status mods, you have a 66% chance of inflicting at least one status proc per shot (with the base number of pellets), not one status proc per pellet.

The Tigris Prime has 8 pellets per shot. I'll believe my own Simulacrum testing over the wiki until someone posts a screenshot that can prove me wrong.

Using the formula to calculate your status chance per pellet, you get a 12.6% status proc chance per pellet. Here's the formula. I'd be happy to mathematically derive it for you from scratch if you want:

Spoiler

[status chance per pellet] = 1 - (1 - [status chance per shot]) ^ (1 / [number of pellets])

[status chance per pellet] = 1 - (1 - [0.66]) ^ (1 / [8]) = 0.126

Multishot only increases the number of pellets, not the status chance per pellet, so you have 17.6 pellets with a 12.6% status chance per pellet.

The Corrosive proc chance per status proc is 39.5%.

Spoiler

[Corrosive status chance per status proc] = [Corrosive damage] / (4 x [physical damage] + [elemental damage])

[Corrosive status chance per status proc] = 3 / (4 x 1 + 3.6) = 0.395

So 17.6 pellets per shot with 12.6% status chance per pellet with 39.5% Corrosive proc chance per status proc results in 0.88 Corrosive procs per shot.

1 minute ago, Inarticulate said:

With two 60% status mods, you have a 66% chance of inflicting at least one status proc per shot (with the base number of pellets), not one status proc per pellet.

The Tigris Prime has 8 pellets per shot. I'll believe my own Simulacrum testing over the wiki until someone posts a screenshot that can prove me wrong.

Using the formula to calculate your status chance per pellet, you get a 12.6% status proc chance per pellet. Here's the formula. I'd be happy to mathematically derive it for you from scratch if you want:

Hide contents

[status chance per pellet] = 1 - (1 - [status chance per shot]) ^ (1 / [number of pellets])

Multishot only increases the number of pellets, not the status chance per pellet, so you have 17.6 pellets with a 12.6% status chance per pellet.

Hide contents

[Corrosive status chance per status proc] = [Corrosive damage] / (4 x [physical damage] + [elemental damage])

So 17.6 pellets per shot with 12.6% status chance per pellet with 39.5% Corrosive proc chance per status proc results in 0.88 Corrosive procs per shot.

I...I totally had that math and was gunna say something, just, uh, just had to replace the batteries in my calculator...

37 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

I was under the impression the rated status was per pellet before multishot. That throws off everything but the weight portion we have the same.

I don't own the gun yet so I can't test myself. I've heard 4 different numbers so far on the pellet count.

I know multishot doesn't improve status chance I said probability per shot. I use binomial distribution for that.

1 minute ago, Xzorn said:

I don't own the gun yet so I can't test myself. I've heard 4 different numbers so far on the pellet count.

It looks like the wiki was updated sometime today or last night to also say 8 pellets. I suppose that's enough confirmation for me, at least.