Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have You EVER Gotten All 8 Medallions?

NGSBRReAPeR

Question

15 minutes ago, That1Cactus said:

I have searched every corner and spot in the tileset and there were never traces of that final medallion. I found more map holes than the medallions every time on the asteroids it's just a problem that never resolves.

Look up. Often secret rooms or spawn locations will be at the top of the room, and they won't show up on the map no matter how much loot radar you have. But if you go high enough they'll appear.

30 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Look up. Often secret rooms or spawn locations will be at the top of the room, and they won't show up on the map no matter how much loot radar you have. But if you go high enough they'll appear.

I'll just put this here:

47 minutes ago, That1Cactus said:

I have searched every corner and spot in the tileset

4 hours ago, Govictory said:

8? wow sounds like someone is a smeeta-less casual

smeeta powers have granted me a perfect 16 medallion run once it was glorious, saddly it was all the normal medalions for hexis..........

"Perfect 16"? Please, that buff can proc more than once to give a 4x, 8x and maybe even 16x buff xD 

12 hours ago, That1Cactus said:

I have searched every corner and spot in the tileset and there were never traces of that final medallion. I found more map holes than the medallions every time on the asteroids it's just a problem that never resolves.

Find a Youtube video on hidden rooms and see if there are any rooms you don't already know about. There is at least one room that is well off the edge of the map, and I've definitely seen a medallion spawn there before.

18 hours ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Here's what you do. Use Thief's Wit on your warframe (also animal instinct and loot radar if you have them). Then look at your minimap. See all those squares? Most of them are crates, but some of them are medallions. Now what you're going to do is break every single crate on the map. It sounds like a lot, but you can do it surprisingly fast. If you see a white square on the map, got get rid of it. Do that, and you'll find every one. You'll also find lots of secret rooms you didn't know about.

It really helps to have more than one loot mod, such as loot radar AND thief;s wit. Also bullet jump up from time to time, because those mods don't cope with vertical distance very well. Sometimes things will be close enough that you should be able to see them, but they don't appear because they are too high. In other words the area of effect of those mods isn't spherical, it's more of a short cylinder. So jumping will often reveal secret areas and medallions.

--Signed, someone with more than 140,000 standing worth of medallions saved up in all three syndicates.

Thanks for the tips :)

22 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

Have you checked this room? https://youtu.be/BPo8SKS_3W0?t=38

Or the one at 2:12?

I've found medallions in both of those before.

It's funny, the room at 2:12 (and through 2:50) I found on my own, but only because of syndicate medallions. I saw the markers from a different room that was higher up, and went back looking for them. That's one of those rooms that only shows up if you go high enough. I always wondered how they got up there before parkour 2.0...   :)

On 8/30/2016 at 4:04 PM, NGSBRReAPeR said:

Thanks for the tips :)

No problem. Also the ignis is great for breaking every crate in the next room before you get there, which makes the whole "make the markers go away" thing much faster.

Edited by Haldos
Removed sarcasm.

12 hours ago, That1Cactus said:

@Lord_Azrael@Inarticulate Yes.

I have searched.
every.
single.
spot.
on.
the.
tileset.

Including the one you are linking.

every.
single.
spot.

No 7th medallion ever.
How many times must I say it? Probably more.

• every.
  • single.
  • spot.
  • on.
  • the.
  • tileset.

<=~*~EVERY. SINGLE. SPOT. ON. THE. TILESET.~*~=>

Then that obviously means you haven't searched every single spot.

After I have found all of the hidden rooms, I have never had an issue finding all 8 medallions (except on the Infested Ship tile set or if Sabotage forces a countdown timer).

I get all 8 pretty regularly. They are pretty easy to find except on a few tilesets. The Grineer Asteroid one, for example, seems to be a bit buggy at the moment and likes putting the medallions inside other objects or, in one recent case, I have to assume was put inside the actual floor. I could pick it up by standing over it, but it was otherwise completely invisible to anything but the minimap. The corpus crash site tileset also has some annoying spots where you can't really see the medallion normally, such as when they put it underwater. These are legit hard hiding spots though as opposed to the random bugs that sometimes plague the grineer asteroid base. On tilesets like these the loot radar mods are a massive boon. I almost never take Animal Instinct off of my companions these days due to it.

Edited by DrFail