The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Weapons for Loki?

_Ethereal04

Question

Hello!

My friend recently got me Loki (by that I mean he taxi'ed me to the place to get Loki and then did everything for me)

However, I don't know any of the proper weapons or mods to use for Loki. I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't use a gigantic axe for Loki, so that's why I need help picking the proper weapons and mods for him.

Keep in mind that I'm relatively new, so getting things like "Paris Prime" would be really hard for me. Also, I'm only Mastery rank 3 so... yea

Thanks!

12 answers to this question

mk1 paris and mk1 kunai and any melee weapon you like?

after that? bows and throwing weapons

then maybe get a hold of the suppressor mods for stealth game play?

besides those if you dont wanna do stealth anything you want really

Edited by V45H

Well, if you wanna play Loki with a giant axe or a heavy sword, noone is gonna stop you. If that is your style, go ahead. Personally I am a big fan of Polearms and use them on every frame, including Loki.

As for mods, you need a lot of duration on Loki, so you can stay invisible and you can ditch power strength (only for damage dealing with his fourth, but that is not really a damage ability). Continuity and Streamline are essential if you can find them, maybe put Stretch in to disarm a lot of enemies. Mods on melee weapon should be Pressure Point, elemental mods, probably Fury (especially on slower weapons) and Body Count if you can get your hands on it. On crit weapons (>=15%), you could also use Organ Shatter, but only if you also have Blood Rush, else crit is not worth it on melee.

Actually, I used to run Loki Prime with Scindo Prime as a Quick-Thinking tank. But, my style for Loki shifted slightly into an all-arounder Irradiating Disarm Loki.

This is my main build for Loki, but I have another one for speed and stealth. This one is excellent at surviving and manipulating the enemy, and uses bursts of invisibility to attack safely.

Spoiler

hk2K9uw.jpg

My current loadout for Loki is Zhuge and Sarpa plus any secondary I feel like using.

Spoiler

IZkUzfU.jpg

I recommend Aksomati for when the going gets tough, but right now I like the Talons because of their crowd control possibilities.

Hope this helps~

Edit: Since you're a bit of a walk away from Mastery Rank 8 and Sarpa goodness, you could make the short hop to Mastery Rank 4 and get the Redeemer or use a dagger weapon. I recommend Karyst or a fast dual sword weapon like Dual Zoren. As for secondaries you have access to, Sonicor is an amazing addition for Loki.

Edited by AtoKitsune

Bows/throwing weapons are your go to weapons 

as for melee, you need something that has fast stealth kill animation, good range, and overall good stat for when you get detected, that's why I suggest orthos prime, it's relatively easy to get, all parts are common except for one which is uncommon, any friend/clan mate can give you a part or two 

for mods, you focus on duration/efficiency for the invisibility build and range/efficiency for the disarm build. For defensive mods, I suggest you get glow and quick thinking. I understand that these must be hard for you, so for now stick with vitality 

2 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

Well, if you wanna play Loki with a giant axe or a heavy sword, noone is gonna stop you. If that is your style, go ahead. Personally I am a big fan of Polearms and use them on every frame, including Loki.

As for mods, you need a lot of duration on Loki, so you can stay invisible and you can ditch power strength (only for damage dealing with his fourth, but that is not really a damage ability). Continuity and Streamline are essential if you can find them, maybe put Stretch in to disarm a lot of enemies. Mods on melee weapon should be Pressure Point, elemental mods, probably Fury (especially on slower weapons) and Body Count if you can get your hands on it. On crit weapons (>=15%), you could also use Organ Shatter, but only if you also have Blood Rush, else crit is not worth it on melee.

Would using a Shotgun + (insert random secondary) + Maybe Scindo or like a Melee weapon that attacks quickly work?

1 minute ago, _Ethereal04 said:

Would using a Shotgun + (insert random secondary) + Maybe Scindo or like a Melee weapon that attacks quickly work?

Yes of course, keep in mind that the shotgun is not silent though and alerts enemies of your presence. Not sure, but I think the shotgun silence mod and/or Hushed Invisibility are currently out of your reach. 

Don't limit yourself thinking Loki shouldn't use a gigantic axe. Everything is possible in this game. That's just a suggestion for the future. One of the major fun in this game is using all those different types of weapons.

As for weapons for Loki, its not really mandatory to use silent weapons with Loki. Loki is not just about Invisibility. His true power is Radial Disarm.

So, use any weapon that you like aesthetically.

But, if you insist on going for a stealth loadout, go for - Paris , Hikou or Kunai and any small size melee you want since you want to stick to Loki's theme. Easiest to build would be Fang or Dual Cleaver(This one is better).

Although, since you are new, it is not really necessary to always get the best melee available, so go for which one looks better.

Edit - Btw, Paris Prime isn't that costly.Even the whole set costs about 15platinum. And since it seems that your friend already played the game before you, chances are he/she would have extra Paris Prime sets. Just trade it. Otherwise, you can always ask your friend to take you for Vault runs and sell those rare mods, get 15-20p and buy the set. This will also make you familiar with trading in warframe. And try to get to MR4, since Paris Prime is MR4. But it is worth it. It is one of the endgame bows.

Edited by DEADSHOT456

1 hour ago, _Ethereal04 said:

I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't use a gigantic axe for Loki

Quite to the contrary.

You'd think that it wouldn't fit thematically, but the thing about his Loki is that his Invisibility allows the first melee hit on any enemy to deal quadruple damage. This means that weapons that can deal craptons of damage in one hit will benefit more from this.

Which brings me to...

latest?cb=20141127183103

The Redeemer deals some of the highest damage per hit of ANY melee weapon in the game, and it's very easy to maximize its damage with mods (unlike axes and whips and such, which often need the more expensive Blood Rush / Body Count / Primed Reach / Maiming Strike / etc for optimum damage). Just slap on Pressure Point, Fury, and as many elements as possible and you've got the ultimate facemelting boomstick for Loki.

If you're going to use Loki a lot, be sure to get your hands on Redeemer the exact instant you reach Mastery Rank 4.

Edited by SortaRandom