Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would you play a Warframe Starcraft 2 Mod?

arch111

Hi!

I have been thinking about this for a while now. I haven't modded SC2 but I have a fair grasp of how it is done.

Now the question: If there was a mod that let us play Corpus Vs Grineer that had the Tenno as a smaller faction and the Infestation as a unplayable enemy,  do you think it would be fun and would you play it?

It would require permission to use models and sounds from the game, or recreated to a similar effect at least.

What do you think? I am seriously considering starting up the planning for this mod.

Thanks for reading!

arch111

They are pretty simillar as is. Corpus with their shields = Protoss, Grineer = Terran and the infested = Zerg.
and then the mysterious Sentients = Xel'naga.

Tennos being some sort of bunch of heroes.

Could be fun, but it seems like there might not be much of a difference.

31 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Hi!

I have been thinking about this for a while now. I haven't modded SC2 but I have a fair grasp of how it is done.

Now the question: If there was a mod that let us play Corpus Vs Grineer that had the Tenno as a smaller faction and the Infestation as a unplayable enemy,  do you think it would be fun and would you play it?

It would require permission to use models and sounds from the game, or recreated to a similar effect at least.

What do you think? I am seriously considering starting up the planning for this mod.

Thanks for reading!

arch111

ask warframe before, for legal stuff and all, and maybe blizzard too? Idk if they'll see it as advertising but.. legal stuff again.

a big mod is a lot of work. Gl, Hf and tell us about it while in the process and when it's done :)

Edited by Kiochy

If I played Starcraft 2 then yeah. You could set the races to each faction, the Zerg of course are infested, Terran are obviously Grineer and Protos can be no other than Corpus. Plays as a normal RTC but with Grineer, Corpus and Infested units.

And then randomly a squad of 4 warframes jump in an utterly destroy everyone that comes close to them.

2 minutes ago, Mastikator2 said:

If I played Starcraft 2 then yeah. You could set the races to each faction, the Zerg of course are infested, Terran are obviously Grineer and Protos can be no other than Corpus. Plays as a normal RTC but with Grineer, Corpus and Infested units.

And then randomly a squad of 4 warframes jump in an utterly destroy everyone that comes close to them.

Each Boss can be a Hero. Ruk, Vay Hek, Vor against Alad and Zanuka, Hyena, Raptr for example.

It could be a stand alone campaign that enhances the storyline of Warframe. 

Then there is the possible Sentient and Orokin, that can be invented pretty much.

Just now, arch111 said:

Each Boss can be a Hero. Ruk, Vay Hek, Vor against Alad and Zanuka, Hyena, Raptr for example.

It could be a stand alone campaign that enhances the storyline of Warframe. 

Then there is the possible Sentient and Orokin, that can be invented pretty much.

Sentients and Orokin could be neutral creeps.

Another option is to let one player take over each faction, the players that get Corpus, Infested, Grineer, Sentients and Orokin all play as RTC, the rest of the players play as individual warframes all on the same team.

It would take a lot of work to do, but first, get permission or else bad things happen. As an avid SC2 player myself, I cannot tell you how many custom games people have tried to make that have big ambitions, but end up falling short. And those that do work, take YEARS to make (see: StarCraft Universe and The Starcrafts Mod).

2 hours ago, Lumamaster said:

It would take a lot of work to do, but first, get permission or else bad things happen. As an avid SC2 player myself, I cannot tell you how many custom games people have tried to make that have big ambitions, but end up falling short. And those that do work, take YEARS to make (see: StarCraft Universe and The Starcrafts Mod).

Oh for sure, I am aware. That's why I thought a straight up unit and map conversion to begin with and run a Grineer vs Corpus.

I don't downplay the work and time required, but I allso love SC and its engine/mapmaker and I would have so much fun playing this myself.

3 hours ago, Helch0rn said:

If done proberly I would probably start playing star craft. 

But as others have said,  better get a written permission from everyone or you might recieve unwanted letters from lawyers

I have cried enough tears over brilliant mods brutally shut down, I won't join that crowd ever.