Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon attack speed

(PSN)dmgpkk94

Question

I've seen some games where the attack speed stat being lower means faster and some game higher speed stat means faster. so my question is witch is faster higher number or lower number? Plus I was wounding if the karyst is any good? In most mmorpg I play I use poison type weapons and skills. I'm working on getting ash if that would influence wether or not the karyst is any good. Sorry if these are noob  questions  lol.

8 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, (PS4)dmgpkk94 said:

I've seen some games where the attack speed stat being lower means faster and some game higher speed stat means faster. so my question is witch is faster higher number or lower number? Plus I was wounding if the karyst is any good? In most mmorpg I play I use poison type weapons and skills. I'm working on getting ash if that would influence wether or not the karyst is any good. Sorry if these are noob  questions  lol.

higher attack speed = faster attacks

daggers in general are not that good unless you equip them with covert lethality (see here:http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Covert_Lethality) i could be wrong about some daggers but from my experience from the karyst it's pretty decent. well... this game really isn't a mmorpg (had to get this out of the way XD sorry)

Just now, NobleParadox96 said:

higher attack speed = faster attacks

daggers in general are not that good unless you equip them with covert lethality (see here:http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Covert_Lethality) i could be wrong about some daggers but from my experience from the karyst it's pretty decent. well... this game really isn't a mmorpg (had to get this out of the way XD sorry)

Thanks for the info and I don't really consider it one but I'm not sure how I would describe it more fps rpg I guess lol

Higher is faster in this game. Believe it's measured as how many swings you can make in one second. Daggers are complete trash in this game unless you get your hands on the Covert Lethality mod, which increases the damage they do to something that isn't garbage and let's them make guaranteed stealth kills. Without that mod, they are a complete waste of time.

As far as picking them goes, it doesn't matter too much. Most of their stats are pretty similar and most of your damage will come from Covert Lethality. The main difference is really going to be the attack speed. The Karyst is probably the only easy to get dagger in the game and it will proc more if you have all of the Damage/Status dual stat mods, but it sounds like you're new to the game so you're probably not going to have those for awhile.

If you manage to get your hands on Covert Lethality, Ash has some stuns that would let you take advantage of the lethal finisher bonus from the mod. But there are other frames that do a better job at that, like Excalibur and Inaros. Ash is really a one trick pony that's mostly played by spamming his Ultimate.

Edited by Ceryk

All weapon types have a standard animation. How fast that animation (and subsequent hits) plays out is set in a certain speed. That speed is then multiplied by the weapons listed attack speed. Eg if a weapon had 0.882 attack speed, it would attack at 0.882X the normal attack speed for its weapon type. Likewise, a weapon with 1.5 attack speed will hit at 1.5X the normal attack speed for its weapon type.

Kryst is just about the best assassination dagger in the game, mod it for Viral damage.

Ash plays well with a Finisher style of play. He can stealth up and execute or he can force one on an already alerted target with his augmented teleport.

Daggers kinda suck as a general melee weapon but Ash can also strip armor for his other weapons and his Blade storm also ignores armor.

7 hours ago, Ceryk said:

Believe it's measured as how many swings you can make in one second.

It is not this. The attack speed value is how fat the weapon will play the attack animations for that class of weapon. Preety easy to see in game by comparing something like the attack speed of the Galatine Prime (1.0) to the attack speed of a dagger, like the Dark Dagger (0.917). The Dark Dagger attacks faster despite its attack speed stat because daggers have faster animations than heavy blades.