Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to keep Ash Prime alive end game?

TheLoneNinja

Question

25 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, ERROR.4O4 said:

+ Max Vitality (should be somes about 920HP)  + Rage (for always energy to ultie up) & finally a carrier with Medi-Ray :)

or rejuvination or grace .-.

maybe even furis with the life steal augment

or life striker redeemer --\_(c.c)_/--

For me, I modded for Health, Shield, and Armor, which makes him a little tanky early to mid-game, but what really helps him out is an efficiency-duration build that allows you to use Smoke Screen often.

Think of Smoke Screen as your "Oh crap!" button. Keep moving around and attacking enemies, but if you take a few hits to your shield you can Smoke Screen out, let your shield regenerate, and you have plenty of health and armor for anything your shield can't take.

I also added in Fatal teleport and use a Karyst with the Covert Lethality mod to help get kills on those high priority targets like Heavy Gunners and Bombards even into endgame, since heavy enemies like that are what can really mess up Ash. I haven't tested if channeling while completing a finisher on an enemy while having life strike equipped works, but if so that also solves your health dilemma.

In the end, try messing around with builds and going with something you like and works for you, that's the best way to approach this in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Jade-Lotus said:

Think of Smoke Screen as your "Oh crap!" button. Keep moving around and attacking enemies, but if you take a few hits to your shield you can Smoke Screen out, let your shield regenerate, and you have plenty of health and armor for anything your shield can't take.

My problem with smoke screen is I have over 200% power strength for end game blade storm but only 17% duration. XD

Just now, TheLoneNinja said:

My problem with smoke screen is I have over 200% power strength for end game blade storm but only 17% duration. XD

I personally don't build for Blade Storm. It's already pretty strong as it is since it ignores armor and applies slash procs, but you play the way you want!

I can't remember my build off the top of my head, and I can't check it right now, but I know for sure I have Vitality, Redirection, Steel Fiber, Streamline, and Primed Continuity. I'll have to check when I get home. I might actually add in a exilus adapter and a speed drift mod so that I can cast Smoke Screen faster, but like I said before, this is how I mod, and I enjoy it. I'm not trying to say you have to build how I do at all!

1 minute ago, Jade-Lotus said:

I personally don't build for Blade Storm. It's already pretty strong as it is since it ignores armor and applies slash procs, but you play the way you want!

I can't remember my build off the top of my head, and I can't check it right now, but I know for sure I have Vitality, Redirection, Steel Fiber, Streamline, and Primed Continuity. I'll have to check when I get home. I might actually add in a exilus adapter and a speed drift mod so that I can cast Smoke Screen faster, but like I said before, this is how I mod, and I enjoy it. I'm not trying to say you have to build how I do at all!

But why not use Loki if your just gonna be invis most of the time?

54 minutes ago, TheLoneNinja said:

But why not use Loki if your just gonna be invis most of the time?

Loki and Ash have pretty different playstyles. Furthermore, when I play with my build, I don't constantly spam Smoke Screen, nor do I spam Blade Storm either. I use Smoke Screen as a panic button for when my shield gets blown and I'm in a tight situation. The extra duration lets me stay invisible for enough time for my shields to recover, or mostly so. I use Shuriken and Fatal Teleport much more often, and Blade Storm sometimes when a horde of stuff gets in my way and I have no other alternative.

Here's my build, I was wrong and forgot that I don't use Steel Fiber, but I'll most likely be changing that with a few forma and dropping the intensify in favor of the steel fiber, and adding in an exlus slot with Speed Drift for faster Sprint and Cast speed.

Like I said, this is just how I play, and I wanted to suggest it in case you might enjoy it.

1 hour ago, Jade-Lotus said:

Loki and Ash have pretty different playstyles. Furthermore, when I play with my build, I don't constantly spam Smoke Screen, nor do I spam Blade Storm either. I use Smoke Screen as a panic button for when my shield gets blown and I'm in a tight situation. The extra duration lets me stay invisible for enough time for my shields to recover, or mostly so. I use Shuriken and Fatal Teleport much more often, and Blade Storm sometimes when a horde of stuff gets in my way and I have no other alternative.

Here's my build, I was wrong and forgot that I don't use Steel Fiber, but I'll most likely be changing that with a few forma and dropping the intensify in favor of the steel fiber, and adding in an exlus slot with Speed Drift for faster Sprint and Cast speed.

Like I said, this is just how I play, and I wanted to suggest it in case you might enjoy it.

I use Agility Drift for the evasion bonus in my exilius slot.  I use Rejuv as my aura.  I use Guardian AND Medi-Ray on my sentinel.

I use Vitality & Vigor (Maxed gives 1290 BTW), Redirection, Fast Deflection, Armored Agility, Primed Flow, Quick Thinking & Fortitude.

Genrally speaking i'm pretty survivable - though I woul dnot say I'm tanky.  If I get into a tank situation and have no way out - I either use my smokescreen - jump out and run or die.

But I love my Ash [Prime] - yes I had to upgrade...  

2 minutes ago, Meliq said:

I use Agility Drift for the evasion bonus in my exilius slot.  I use Rejuv as my aura.  I use Guardian AND Medi-Ray on my sentinel.

I use Vitality & Vigor (Maxed gives 1290 BTW), Redirection, Fast Deflection, Armored Agility, Primed Flow, Quick Thinking & Fortitude.

Genrally speaking i'm pretty survivable - though I woul dnot say I'm tanky.  If I get into a tank situation and have no way out - I either use my smokescreen - jump out and run or die.

But I love my Ash [Prime] - yes I had to upgrade...  

That build only leaves you with one slot open for something like Intensify or Continuity though.

Just now, Jade-Lotus said:

That build only leaves you with one slot open for something like Intensify or Continuity though.

That uses all the slots LOL.  I run Zenkurik with a Rakata Cernos, A Skana with Bright Purity & A Rakata Balistika..

if I have to bladestorm the AOE's help a lot

As people have suggested, health, rage, quick thinking, goes a long way with ash, lifesteal is sort of a dependency on any health build for frames that can't heal. The Furis also has a lifesteal mod if you don't want to use Life Strike.

(I main Ash)

Also as some others suggested, you can go easy route and build a Bladestorm build, also using teleport to use a channeled lifesteal melee finisher is a great way to go from 2 hp to full health. Low energy cost, very high effectiveness.

Since people are posting builds, I'll post my "well rounded" (which is my all purposes build that I generally run) build if it helps:

Vitality, Primed Flow, Quick Thinking, Stretch, Rage, Intensify, Handspring, Streamline, Primed Continuity, I switched my aura polarity to Naramon (-) and added Corrosive Projection to it.

Edited by Amuga
Added build

Arcane Trickery x20 , Steel Charge, Mod Strength to 190, energy conversion, zenurik focus. efficiency should be max 175. U should have duration at 17%. U will be invisible all the time, BS cost 25 energy. Have a fast weapon for life strike, just incase. Not even nuls will effect your invisibility. ? carrier as your companion. also build for slash status, Ashs passive is a monster with high status slash weapons. Then all u have to do is slash then channel then BS. The bleed proc will heal u while your in blade storm and when and when u  come out u will be invisible. Add a syndicate primary for some real funn.

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

1 hour ago, Amuga said:

As people have suggested, health, rage, quick thinking, goes a long way with ash, lifesteal is sort of a dependency on any health build for frames that can't heal. The Furis also has a lifesteal mod if you don't want to use Life Strike.

Wait, which mod does lifesteal on the Furis? I can't find anything on the wiki about it.