Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you believe E.T. exists?

(PSN)makrisbrik

Do you believe we are not alone and that there are intelligent life somewhere in the universe? 

Yesterday while in line at a checkout, a middle aged lady inquisitively asked if I heard about the signal from space that SETI was tracking? I said smiling "No, I have not". She said that the signal is the biggest proof that aliens exist.

"Signal equals alien proof? It must be the Grineer? Clem trying to contact Darvo." - I said. She looked at me as if I'm crazy. 

I tried changing the subject and talked about Rihanna's Manolo Blahnik black ankle strap pumps at the VMA awards. At this time she was mumbling to herself about seeing a UFO in the Mojave desert, but got the picture that I'm not a believer and because I covered my face with a magazine, so she moved on. Pheew, my spider sense went off the scales! 

So, do you believe or not? And why? 

8 minutes ago, ninja234 said:

Too be honest while i do believe in xenos, i am not looking forward to meeting them until we as a species reach at least level 3/4 of technology we are at level 2 right now.

Okay, Warhammer. I thought at first it was something from the book of mormon.

Oh, so we are that close to the ideal Master Rank? 

Just now, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Okay, Warhammer. I thought at first it was something from the book of mormon.

Oh, so we are that close to the ideal Master Rank? 

PFFFF Nah, while yes we are close to it. It would take us years upon years to reach that stage/level and while we are doing that who knows what does vile xenos are doing.

VULCAN LIVES.

12 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

Contrary to popular believe, we really aren't that special. Life on earth is the biggest evidence life in other planets might exist.

Yet we went to Mars and found nothing not even micro organisms. Seems to me even our micro organisms are special.

7 minutes ago, ninja234 said:

The Kardashev scale?

We are a Type I civilization

I thought the Kardashev scale was for measuring Kim K's behind.

11 minutes ago, 321agemo said:

aren't we on like lv 0.8 on the civilization scale or sth?

I think I'll go with wise Agemo's level. Ninja seems to hyper inflate his measurements. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Yet we went to Mars and found nothing not even micro organisms. Seems to me even our micro organisms are special.

I thought the Kardashev scale was for measuring Kim K's behind.

I think I'll go with wise Agemo's level. Ninja seems to hyper inflate his measurements. 

Of course you would choose Agemo's side no one ever wants to trust the ninja.

26 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

Thereis no atmosphere nor oceans there

Scientist hypothesized that water would support some form of life. I thought that early mars' history points that there was liquid water on the surface.
The Mars rover Spirit sampled chemical compounds containing water molecules in March 2007. The Phoenix lander directly sampled water ice in shallow Martian soil on July 31, 2008. On September 28, 2015, NASA announced the presence of briny flowing salt water on the Martian surface.

So look elsewhere were there are the six elements for the building blocks of life, like carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorus and sulfur?

1 hour ago, 321agemo said:

aren't we on like lv 0.8 on the civilization scale or sth?

Yes, we are at 0.73. The Kardashev scale has three civilization types. Type one can use all power of it's own planet. Type two harnessing all power of its home star and type three of its entire galaxy

39 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:
Scientist hypothesized that water would support some form of life. I thought that early mars' history points that there was liquid water on the surface.
The Mars rover Spirit sampled chemical compounds containing water molecules in March 2007. The Phoenix lander directly sampled water ice in shallow Martian soil on July 31, 2008. On September 28, 2015, NASA announced the presence of briny flowing salt water on the Martian surface.

So look elsewhere were there are the six elements for the building blocks of life, like carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, phosphorus and sulfur?

That's not as simple. It isn't simply water+oxigen+etc=life.

Life on earth originated near volcanoes, geisers, and other sources of energy, specially when in contact with water rich in the molecules you mentioned.

The idea of "primordial soup", like all soup, demands energy for it to cook. Electric bolts due to the near uninterruptible storms, superheated water, all could break the connections between the molecules of carbon monoxide, nitrogen, oxigen, and create simple precursors to the lipidic layer, liposomes, and above all, ribonucleic acid and deoxyribonucleic acid.

This is something that mars lacks, or as lacked for a long, long time. Earth has always been a very active planet-- not as much as venus, but active nonetheless. Mars, however, has been dead for too long. It no longer has an atmosphere, it doesn't have a magnetic field, etc. It is a rock, for all we know.

plus, Ice only preserves, it doesn't allow life to thrive.

There are bigger chances for life to exist on some of Jupiter's moons than on Mars.

There, and million other planets inside the life sustaining area around millions of stars.

1 hour ago, Skycook3y said:

Yes, we are at 0.73. The Kardashev scale has three civilization types. Type one can use all power of it's own planet. Type two harnessing all power of its home star and type three of its entire galaxy

Hey, someone other than me watches Kurzgesagt