Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with chroma build. Is chroma viable on high end?

Kronxito

Question

I want a full tank chroma (ice energy). But I dont know if he is good for high end missions like sorties or laws.

Here is my build and I wonder if this could be better.  

Arcanes ----> arcane grace and arcane victory

- (Aura) steel charge

- (Exilus) handspring

- primed continuity

- steel fiber

- vitality

- streamline

- intensify

- narrowminded

- constitution

- rage

Anyone could help me about this?  Thanks a lot in advance.

8 answers to this question

Main problem with your current build is you don't have enough power strength. You have excellent duration but your armor gain from Vex armor and Elemental Ward is low.

Here's a comprehensive guide on Chroma that you might want to take a look at: 

Here is my 4x forma'd chroma (still missing one more for the exilus qq) with double grace. These following builds should work fine with one grace set as well. I'm also running Zenurik hence why my efficiency is so low in most builds.

For the aura polarity I'm using - so I can switch between ES and CP, however, having D and using Rejuvenation with Ice tank Chroma is also very viable. If you find yourself often dying while tanking with Chroma I'd suggest replacing Vitality with Quick Thinking.

1. High duration and power strength, low efficiency (my go-to for sorties and 1h T4 Void Survivals)

Spoiler

vq0Tcnt.jpg

2. High duration, medium power strength, default efficiency

Spoiler

pCEKGVo.jpg

3. Medium-high duration, medium power strength, slightly above default efficiency

Spoiler

LXUhgCa.jpg

Edited by --Sokol
added more info

this is my chroma buff build. primed flow max.primed.contimuity max.blind rage max.transient fortitude max.vitality.rage aura corrosive projection.handsprings...its will be very good to use zenurik with this build...2-3 last about 50 sec so u will be fine rage will help too...also i use  arcane guardian+arcane grace.. u will be very strong with this build.+steel fiber i forget...!...u will have about 90% dmg reduction but u must be cearful with energy^^ cheers

I would squeeze in Primed Flow & Quick Thinking in addition to Vitality.  Your massive armor will work with QT.  The more power strength the better this works.

Rest is your personal preference really.  Could swap Intensify with Blind Rage, Handspring with Power Drift.  Aura can be w/e, sadly overshields from Brief Respite don't count toward your Vex Armor.

I run with 214% power str and 254% duration on mine.  Currently waiting on Primed Vigor so I can get max Vex Armor buff without having to rely on waiting or Guardian to kick in.

Edited by ZinGrin

24 minutes ago, ZinGrin said:

I would squeeze in Primed Flow & Quick Thinking in addition to Vitality.  Your massive armor will work with QT.  The more power strength the better this works.

Rest is your personal preference really.  Could swap Intensify with Blind Rage, Handspring with Power Drift.  Aura can be w/e, sadly overshields from Brief Respite don't count toward your Vex Armor.

I run with 214% power str and 254% duration on mine.  Currently waiting on Primed Vigor so I can get max Vex Armor buff without having to rely on waiting or Guardian to kick in.

I didnt know Armor works on Quick Thinking.  But how does power strength work on it?

So... power efficiency.... it doesnt matter? Is streamline prescindible?

As focus skill I'm thinking on Unairu (defensive armor focus) in order to get even more durability xDD.

Edited by ArionLightning

9 minutes ago, --Sokol said:

Main problem with your current build is you don't have enough power strength. You have excellent duration but your armor gain from Vex armor and Elemental Ward is low.

Here's a comprehensive guide on Chroma that you might want to take a look at: 

Here is my 4x forma'd chroma (still missing one more for the exilus qq) with double grace. These following builds should work fine with one grace set as well. I have - as my aura polarity so I can switch between ES and CP, however, having D and using Rejuvenation with Ice tank Chroma is also very viable.

1. High duration and power strength, low efficiency (my go-to for sorties and 1h T4 Void Survivals)

Reveal hidden contents

vq0Tcnt.jpg

2. High duration, medium power strength, default efficiency

Reveal hidden contents

pCEKGVo.jpg

3. Medium-high duration, medium power strength, slightly above default efficiency

Reveal hidden contents

LXUhgCa.jpg

Oh my god, thanks for that information!! Now I can understand Chroma's mechanics. Thank you

Edited by ArionLightning

I finally will try with "CASE 5 - Alternate Version 5" from the guide. It has 64300 effective life points!!!!!!!!!!!

Arcanes:  guardian & grace

Focus:  Zenurik (I think Unairu is not needed because of that f*****g insane amount of life points from that base build)

Thanks for your help.

Edited by ArionLightning