Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What About A Cover System?

zonezs

Hi, im a huge fan of warframe, i mean, space ninjas? yes please!!

I'm also fan of the mass effect series, what bring me to the point. What about a cover system? i know is a lot of work, but, the idea is been considered at least?? could make the action a little more tactic and be honest, i wouldn't be cool?

Sorry if this topic is already posted, i couldn't find it.

cya!

There are many similar threads on the forums, I won't bother to list as a simple search will find them. The devs have stated a cover system is the opposite of what they envision as they want us to focus more on mobility and acrobatics during combat.

The search function will find similar threads, but generally the answer has been NO by both players and DEs statement themselves.

The reasons (a few at least) of why people dont want a cover system:

-It breaks the flow of fast acrobatic movement. Try wall running and jumping around everything when all your tenno wants to do is cuddle close to a box

-It would ruin the game balance. People already complain that the game is too easy. If you add cover they will complain that it is even easier. In order for DE to make the game challenging for people using cover they would have to make the enemies hit hard enough that if you dont take cover you're going to die instantly. And that would also completely destroy the defense missions.

-It would slow down gameplay far too much. Instead of running and killing quickly, people would just slowly move from cover to cover and the gameplay would slow way down.

-It would remove one of the more unique aspects of the TPS.

The search function will find similar threads, but generally the answer has been NO by both players and DEs statement themselves.

The reasons (a few at least) of why people dont want a cover system:

-It breaks the flow of fast acrobatic movement. Try wall running and jumping around everything when all your tenno wants to do is cuddle close to a box

-It would ruin the game balance. People already complain that the game is too easy. If you add cover they will complain that it is even easier. In order for DE to make the game challenging for people using cover they would have to make the enemies hit hard enough that if you dont take cover you're going to die instantly. And that would also completely destroy the defense missions.

-It would slow down gameplay far too much. Instead of running and killing quickly, people would just slowly move from cover to cover and the gameplay would slow way down.

-It would remove one of the more unique aspects of the TPS

This.

I personally am for it, if the community does not want more options to play by, shame. I always want more playstyles and content. I don't really care if people themselves don't want to use it, but give the rest of us a chance.