The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove spring-loaded brodhead from pvp

(PSN)Xx-Ribbium-xX

Without it, it does less damage than a regular paris. If the mod was removed, the daykus base damage would have to go up to compensate. Then we would just have people shotgunning it lIke they did when it was first introduced, which is even worse. It doesn't even one-shot most frames anymore, I believe only low mediums and squishies.

Honestly, daikyu is pretty sub-par. Always amazes me how people can still pull it off and get people to rage this hard about it.

Edited by Phasedragon

21 minutes ago, Bizzaro21 said:

its not the mod that needs nerfing, it`s the god damn sh*t job they did at hitboxes that needs a revision, i can shoot a frost clean and miss, and i can kill a limbo/mirage while aiming at a wall behind them

It seems weird that hitboxes are that bad. You sure it's not a lag issue?

35 minutes ago, Bizzaro21 said:

its not the mod that needs nerfing, it`s the god damn sh*t job they did at hitboxes that needs a revision, i can shoot a frost clean and miss, and i can kill a limbo/mirage while aiming at a wall behind them

By-frame hitboxes are fine.

All frames have nearly if not actually identical hitboxes. So the outer edges of the large frames don't count, but the hitbox extends slightly from the small frames.

Therefore frame size is not a balancing point. This is standard in many games.

Edited by Pythadragon

1 hour ago, Pythadragon said:

By-frame hitboxes are fine.

All frames have nearly if not actually identical hitboxes. So the outer edges of the large frames don't count, but the hitbox extends slightly from the small frames.

Therefore frame size is not a balancing point. This is standard in many games.

yes, the difference isnt great, but as i always go for head/chest shots as a habit, it gets really annoying, that is the main point i find an issue about non-hitscan weapons, as both the bolt and the target have inaccurate boxes, afaik at least

2 minutes ago, Bizzaro21 said:

yes, the difference isnt great, but as i always go for head/chest shots as a habit, it gets really annoying, that is the main point i find an issue about non-hitscan weapons, as both the bolt and the target have inaccurate boxes, afaik at least

What I think is going on with projectiles is that their position cannot be trusted on your screen if fired by another player. Game doesn't update fast enough (latency) for their position to be trusted from your end or it tries to compensate by predicting where they are on your side..

Similar issues with melee. I can observe the game registering a hit on my screen (collision FX on frame) but no damage taken, probably because that was not the real position of the melee on strike / no hit registered on the opponent's side of things.

Edited by Pythadragon

7 minutes ago, Pythadragon said:

What I think is going on with projectiles is that their position cannot be trusted on your screen if fired by another player. Game doesn't update fast enough (latency) for their position to be trusted from your end or it tries to compensate by predicting where they are on your side..

Similar issues with melee. I can observe the game registering a hit on my screen (collision FX on frame) but no damage taken, probably because that was not the real position of the melee on strike / no hit registered on the opponent's side of things.

yes, that can explain it, but for the projectile thing i had it happen when I was using daikyu, so i stay at point that its all hitboxes, i learnt to never judge anything until i try it since latency is something I have in literally every single match (as i have a bad conn. which also contributes to latency)

i dont know if by bug hitboxes and daikyu you mean it doesnt hit or that it hits when it should not, i dont think i have seen any bug, arrows just have a wider effective area and the parallax aiming system which will indeed make you hit when you are aiming behind the player if used properly

On 5 September 2016 at 9:53 PM, Phasedragon said:

Without it, it does less damage than a regular paris. If the mod was removed, the daykus base damage would have to go up to compensate. Then we would just have people shotgunning it lIke they did when it was first introduced, which is even worse. It doesn't even one-shot most frames anymore, I believe only low mediums and squishies.

Honestly, daikyu is pretty sub-par. Always amazes me how people can still pull it off and get people to rage this hard about it.

Good. The bow is nothing but a cancerous meta in pvp now and it honestly needs to stop