The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sectors should offer rewards to clan who owns them

TheLoneNinja

Note:  This is a variety of thoughts I'm sort of spewing out as I go-  I notice as I wrote some of it I kept thinking of more ideas, and so on- sorry for the disjunctioned wall of text

Regardless of tax, which we all likely know will remain at zero until some other incentive is reduced-  I believe dark sectors should offer independent rewards over who owns them, this in turn will encourage fighting over them again and participating in said battles.

I want to give some incentive to solar rail conflicts, but also not to the point where people will actually start hating other clans and Tenno-  causing fighting within the community.  We also don't want everyone leaving their clans to go join the clan that owns most of the solar rails.

Also, on a side note I think all infestation invasions should start on the node bordering the solar rail.  And perhaps have to battle on the solar rail against infested to keep them back?  During this time the clan that owns the solar rail would not receive their bonus anymore-  offering battle pay to Tenno who help fight off the invasion.  This said, if this happens it may off-balance mutagen mass going into Tenno's hands due to the battles never reaching the actual planet.

Another thing now that I think of it, what if these "solar rail invasions" with the infested are triggered when the dark sector is not played enough. (i.e, fighting back the infested to begin with)

Anyone have ideas on what kind of perks solar rails would offer the clan?  And any other thoughts on my spew of ideas? All comments are welcome-  just try not to be toxic.

The old system was okay, it's just there was no cap for the tax that was below like...50%, on top of that the solar rail conflicts were...easily one sided, which ever clan could give the most pay(Any moon clan) just dominated the field. If there was a cap to the amount offered by the clan for defending their solar rail or helping their attack it would be a lot better.

Owning a solar rail shouldn't be game breaking, it should be, imo, more of a status symbol, a "Hey guys look, we did a thing!" rather than a way for a clan to make stuuuupid amounts of resources/credits. If solar rails offer ANY kind of significant advantage clans will cheese their way to having the most of them, that's sadly a fact and a big part of the issue we had before. 

On your note of infested attacking the rail, it could also be the other groups, corpus/grineer, that can attack it as well. Making us defend not only from other tenno, but the other 3(And hopefully soon to be 4) factions.

Except people aren't allowed to fight over them right now, so the clans in charge of certain Dark Sectors only happen to be in charge because they were lucky enough to be in charge when DE initiated the armistice.

So, no.

They shouldn't get more reward for being in the right place at the right time.

1 minute ago, Gelkor said:

Except people aren't allowed to fight over them right now, so the clans in charge of certain Dark Sectors only happen to be in charge because they were lucky enough to be in charge when DE initiated the armistice.

So, no.

They shouldn't get more reward for being in the right place at the right time.

I'm talking after the armistice is removed.

21 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

You mean once Dark Sectors is reintroduced?

My take is that anything required to build/maintain a solar rail should not also be obtainable as a reward for owning a solar rail. Solar rails shouldn't provide income that can be applied to building/maintaining solar rails.

I agree with this.

I would not be surprised if Dark Sectors are reintroduced with the release of umbras.  We'll just have to wait and see what DE plans for us in December.