Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is Profit?

WERElektro

15 hours ago, Deshiel said:

Now make me some girls.

Thinking about doing a Lotus one next.... but not what this mess of a thread indicates.... just a slightly different dressed Lotus. Samurai Lotus. With Flip-Flops.

1 hour ago, GTX49 said:

This better make it to Prime Time

Didn't make it :P

That's either because they already showed one of my other works the week before , or because this thread is slightly too SEXAY.

1 hour ago, heskaroid said:

Any chances a great artist like you would upload a few basic tutorials? 

Oh , thanks, But I think I have to dissapoint you... I don't really know how to make tutorials - as I do not believe that they work... oh... at least they never worked for me- so maybe they do work for some people. I for example get really frustrated and angry with myself when I try to force more skills / knowledge onto myself...

You've probably heard this same old bs a lot- but it is true: Most importantly you have to have fun with what you're doing. There's just no "I want to get good at this , so I am gonna learn it" That doesn't work with music, art or ...maybe it doesn't even work with games , idk.

Also... what do you want to draw? A basic tutorial can be about anything. Mechs, anime, animals, humans, more specifically hands, poses, faces, fantasy, .... and so on.

Then do you have a Graphic tablet? You should really get one if you aren't short on money. Start with a cheap one... just in case you don't grow accustomed to it. (I got a intous4 from wacom, that I am veeery happy with, as it did not need repairs or break ever since I got it.... but that thing also costed > 400$)

But So that I don't reply with showing you nothing, I shreddered some layers of an old Vay Hek concept art I did...- If something helped me, it's looking at work-flows. (watching vids of speed painters is interesting but as infuriating for me because I am not even close to their skill most of the time)

So... I start with a really rough sketch. I used to prefer sketching with pen and paper... But by now doing it in photoshop is also fine with me...I like it even more by now.

Spoiler

rq7mj0u.jpg

Then here's this "draw the rest of vay hek"- moment. unfortunately I have made no steps between this ^ and that v . So this is the clean lineart (linearts are not necessary, but you have to decide for yourself wether you want em or not)

Spoiler

g9ZOClJ.jpg

Then you apply basic colors ....(and because I am a genius I started shading the shoulder on the basic color layer)

Spoiler

IJKaDMj.jpg

And then comes the most complex part (for me), which is shading:

Spoiler

6kfEqcU.jpg

and then we're basically finished.... add a few textures and patterns, highlights, shadows on the ground and finished..

Spoiler

896EPIJ.jpg

I hope that this eventually helps you..!

Just now, WEREsandrock said:

Oh , thanks, But I think I have to dissapoint you... I don't really know how to make tutorials - as I do not believe that they work... oh... at least they never worked for me- so maybe they do work for some people. I for example get really frustrated and angry with myself when I try to force more skills / knowledge onto myself...

You've probably heard this same old bs a lot- but it is true: Most importantly you have to have fun with what you're doing. There's just no "I want to get good at this , so I am gonna learn it" That doesn't work with music, art or ...maybe it doesn't even work with games , idk.

Also... what do you want to draw? A basic tutorial can be about anything. Mechs, anime, animals, humans, more specifically hands, poses, faces, fantasy, .... and so on.

Then do you have a Graphic tablet? You should really get one if you aren't short on money. Start with a cheap one... just in case you don't grow accustomed to it. (I got a intous4 from wacom, that I am veeery happy with, as it did not need repairs or break ever since I got it.... but that thing also costed > 400$)

But So that I don't reply with showing you nothing, I shreddered some layers of an old Vay Hek concept art I did...- If something helped me, it's looking at work-flows. (watching vids of speed painters is interesting but as infuriating for me because I am not even close to their skill most of the time)

So... I start with a really rough sketch. I used to prefer sketching with pen and paper... But by now doing it in photoshop is also fine with me...I like it even more by now.

Hide contents

rq7mj0u.jpg

Then here's this "draw the rest of vay hek"- moment. unfortunately I have made no steps between this ^ and that v . So this is the clean lineart (linearts are not necessary, but you have to decide for yourself wether you want em or not)

Hide contents

g9ZOClJ.jpg

Then you apply basic colors ....(and because I am a genius I started shading the shoulder on the basic color layer)

Hide contents

IJKaDMj.jpg

And then comes the most complex part (for me), which is shading:

Reveal hidden contents

6kfEqcU.jpg

and then we're basically finished.... add a few textures and patterns, highlights, shadows on the ground and finished..

Reveal hidden contents

896EPIJ.jpg

I hope that this eventually helps you..!

You're the first artist to ACTUALLY inspire me to work on more traditional arts. Yes, I did make some fan arts but I decided to take a long break due to frustrations, real life problems and those scumbags that tells me to go "practice", which is basically the polite version of "go f*** yourself".

I pretty much know most of the basics but I feel like I'm missing out more of them, just wanna know how you make fine line arts. Some hints would be pretty neat too.

I appreciate it, man.

Edited by heskaroid

11 minutes ago, heskaroid said:

You're the first artist to ACTUALLY inspire me to work on more traditional arts. Yes, I did make some fan arts but I decided to take a long break due to frustrations, real life problems and those scumbags that tells me to go "practice", which is basically the polite version of "go f*** yourself".

I pretty much know most of the basics but I feel like I'm missing out more of them, just wanna know how you make fine line arts. Some hints would be pretty neat too.

I appreciate it, man.

Well I hope you feel better soon or get this real life problems sorted out.

Well most really good  artists in the Warframe community- or let's say the well known ones- are massive A**hats (now I wonder who they were lol). Practicing alone won't do s*** - forcing yourself to learn something won't either.(I mean... some people teach themselves how to use...for example blender the 3D programm ... I almost freaked out trying to do the simple steps. oh, how I wish I could participate in that tennogen thing :P).

It's all about enjoying what you do...- the rest will come by itsself.

About the linearts- I forgot to mention that I make them in photoshop too. If you prefer traditional tools (as you mentioned), you should get a copic (or any other black pen) with a 0.05 tip. But those are really fragile...and kinda expensive for a pen... 3-4€ depending on the brand.

But inking is really cleaner and easier in photoshop or any other good 2D graphic program that offers the use of layers. You should really consider getting a small graphic tablet.

Just now, WEREsandrock said:

Well I hope you feel better soon or get this real life problems sorted out.

Well most really good  artists in the Warframe community- or let's say the well known ones- are massive A**hats (now I wonder who they were lol). Practicing alone won't do s*** - forcing yourself to learn something won't either.(I mean... some people teach themselves how to use...for example blender the 3D programm ... I almost freaked out trying to do the simple steps. oh, how I wish I could participate in that tennogen thing :P).

It's all about enjoying what you do...- the rest will come by itsself.

About the linearts- I forgot to mention that I make them in photoshop too. If you prefer traditional tools (as you mentioned), you should get a copic (or any other black pen) with a 0.05 tip. But those are really fragile...and kinda expensive for a pen... 3-4€ depending on the brand.

But inking is really cleaner and easier in photoshop or any other good 2D graphic program that offers the use of layers. You should really consider getting a small graphic tablet.

Well I already have a tablet, it's a wacom intuos.

I pretty much know about line arting but I ain't too happy with the brush I use. Oh well, might come up with a better one some day.

And to save you from possibly searching for my artworks, I'll show you one.

Sorry if the colors aren't neat. Color correction screwed it up.

Spoiler

96343a869ec54ed9adc553e50ca0c190.png 

Again, thanks for the motivation. Better than those d***bags telling newbies to "practice" without showing them how THEY DO IT first.

JESUS I MEANT DIGITAL ART NOT TRADITIONAL MY BAD

Edited by heskaroid

6 minutes ago, heskaroid said:

Well I already have a tablet, it's a wacom intuos.

I pretty much know about line arting but I ain't too happy with the brush I use. Oh well, might come up with a better one some day.

And to save you from possibly searching for my artworks, I'll show you one.

Sorry if the colors aren't neat. Color correction screwed it up.

Reveal hidden contents

96343a869ec54ed9adc553e50ca0c190.png 

Again, thanks for the motivation. Better than those d***bags telling newbies to "practice" without showing them how THEY DO IT first.

JESUS I MEANT DIGITAL ART NOT TRADITIONAL MY BAD

haha And I was confused because what I showed you was all digital. XD

Well that's a good looking grineer you have there. and what's not to like about the lines? they look fine to me.

You could try to add some more shadows tho - this would also make it easier for the viewer to understand all the amount of details (which turned out really cool!) (I hope this hint wasn't uncalled for... it's just an idea)

So...I'm gonna be off for today, cya!

On 9/8/2016 at 6:58 AM, WEREsandrock said:

tumblr_od3g8xcbWX1rcefavo1_1280.jpg

I'm terribly sorry, but with that title this was literally the first thing I thought of:

Sexay Time
Come on grab your friends
We'll go to very distant lands
With Clem the dog
And Darvo the human
The fun will never end
It's sexay time!

On 12.9.2016 at 2:26 PM, Dreddeth said:

I'm terribly sorry, but with that title this was literally the first thing I thought of:

Sexay Time
Come on grab your friends
We'll go to very distant lands
With Clem the dog
And Darvo the human
The fun will never end
It's sexay time!

xw8VonT.jpg

11 hours ago, SetAbominae said:

Infested tentacle fiesta time with alad V.

mhm... Just have to think of a new hairstyle for him. Or I am gonna use the same I used for my AU designs. not sure yet. But I won't make him bald... that's for sure.

wait... tentacles? no... he has no tenta-.... wait.... omg... could this be getting dirtier than initially expected? no way.

On 13.9.2016 at 7:12 PM, SetAbominae said:

Darvo's bizarre adventure.

Sorry, I had to.

Also you might want to check clem's right arm, normally in that position his triceps would be relaxed, his biceps muscle being the one that's tensed.

aye., I didn't pay attention to this. thx for letting me know ! ;)