Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adaptive enemy spawns

ENGINEEEEER

With the void change the main complaint is loss of difficulty. But what was the difficulty before? Armor scaling and enemy damage scaling. They're not that challenging and emphasize cheesing. 

In response I suggest a revamp to the spawning engine that watches how you play and switches spawns to match. 

Ability spamming > null scrambus squads with few nullifiers. 

Camping > Bursas and bombards

Full melee > tanks and heavy gunners

Shooting > riot shield enemies and tanks. 

Increases to spawn volume would be nice too but I understand technical limitations. 

The idea is to make challenge that is met with strategy or teamwork, not cheese. 

Thoughts?

6 minutes ago, BenzinNinJa said:

This is a really good idea.

Anything to get rid of the cheese at this point.
Any misison with a Mirage/Simulor player becomes a mission of me just following a few steps behind, and picking up all the tasty loot.

This may be unpopular but there are some things that should probably get rebalanced as to reduce cheese. Simulor, covert lethality and tonkor come to mind. Fire rate reductions on simulor and tonkor would go a long way.

I don't think covert lethality fits in the game. I would replace it with increased finisher damage when stealthed. 

I always liked the idea of adaptive enemies.  One of the older suggestions I saw took it a step further and suggested that if large numbers of enemies were dying to WOF some enemies would start deploying heatsinks to protect themselves from the flame.  If enemies were getting disarmed before death they would start spawning with weapons affixed to their bodies that could not be disarmed.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Final_Dragon01 said:

I always liked the idea of adaptive enemies.  One of the older suggestions I saw took it a step further and suggested that if large numbers of enemies were dying to WOF some enemies would start deploying heatsinks to protect themselves from the flame.  If enemies were getting disarmed before death they would start spawning with weapons affixed to their bodies that could not be disarmed.

That's a good idea. Enemy modifiers instead of new enemies.

1 hour ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

This may be unpopular but there are some things that should probably get rebalanced as to reduce cheese. Simulor, covert lethality and tonkor come to mind. Fire rate reductions on simulor and tonkor would go a long way.

I don't think covert lethality fits in the game. I would replace it with increased finisher damage when stealthed. 

Simulor and Tonkor really shouldn't be lumped together with Covert Lethality, one group is a case of weapons that do far more damage to a large group of enemies regardless of what frame you are, and regardless of mission type. They just work all the time in every situation. Covert lethality on the other hand only works with a select few warframes, and at a much much slower pace.

OT: A more contextual spawn engine could be cool, but It'd be pretty difficult not to just tell it to "spawn all the nullifiers" without making it kinda meaningless. Enemies need more diversity and localized difficulty before we can start shuffling their spawns.

Edited by KittyDarkling
OT

33 minutes ago, KittyDarkling said:

Simulor and Tonkor really shouldn't be lumped together with Covert Lethality, one group is a case of weapons that do far more damage to a large group of enemies regardless of what frame you are, and regardless of mission type. They just work all the time in every situation. Covert lethality on the other hand only works with a select few warframes, and at a much much slower pace.

OT: A more contextual spawn engine could be cool, but It'd be pretty difficult not to just tell it to "spawn all the nullifiers" without making it kinda meaningless. Enemies need more diversity and localized difficulty before we can start shuffling their spawns.

I understand what you mean. Covert lethality has a solid purpose of dropping strong enemies through stealth. What's its become is someone spamming one combo of an ability and finisher to cheese content. It's slower than some weapons but kills anything other than bosses. I think it could use some type of limitation like a cool down. Nothing too long just something to keep you from spamming. 

Yeah there's a few classes of enemies but not too many that are intended as a counter to a playstyle. 

It honestly be neat if rifts were used in other missions. Then the spawn could be local to a player, skipping some of the current rulss, but there's also some warning enemies are coming. 

4 minutes ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

It honestly be neat if rifts were used in other missions. Then the spawn could be local to a player, skipping some of the current rulss, but there's also some warning enemies are coming. 

Well, The corpus and grineer do have teleportation tech, maybe an few more enemies could make sure of it. Perhaps an enemy type that can "create a wormhole" that others could follow it through.