Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframes Really Need Gender Swaps.

WARLOCKE

A friend once told me why he exclusively plays girls in videogames.

"When you play a game like this for hours on end, would you rather stare at the backside of a curvy heroine, or chunky man-&#!?"

So no, playing a girl does NOT diminish your manliness.

It shouldn't matter either way. Female frames kick equal &#!, and are probablier manlier than us who play them anyway...

Whenever someone plays that argument, makes me think "So THAT'S why you stood on the fire and died, too busy staring at your character's &#! instead of paying attention". :\

Moving to Art & Animation Feedback.

On Topic: In the recent Livestream DE took stance and said that alternate gender Warframes of a specific theme will be unique frames with a similar, but different skillset, if anything.

DroppedaBeat, on 26 Jun 2013 - 03:50 AM, said:

The idea that each Warframe is just a "suit" is incorrect. They are individuals. They are physically one with their suits, and their suits are designed just for them. 

[Citation needed]

I only heard them say it's an exoskeleton similar to ones being prototyped in the real world.

Also, what about alternate helmets? Somehow there is not one suit just for you, but another suit with a different helmet as well.

I cannot personally play a women character as comfortably as I would like too.

Let me add onto this.

Warframe Gender Skins could be sold at the market for Plat.

More plat = More income.

They could be on alerts

More alert items = Less potato chance

Less potato chance = More people buying potatoes

More people buying potatoes = Profit

And, it could change the customization of the game. 

I agree with these points.

* I also tried playing a female character and it just doesn't click with me. This means that I won't buy/play half of the warframes. So it affects their profit.

* Now that they are adding clan dojos and possibly larger more public "lobby", it will become more of an issue when you see 20 Excaliburs rubbing shoulders. Want a taste of this? Go to Marvel Heroes. Adding the opposite sex makes the issue 2 times smaller.

* What exactly do people opposing this have to lose? You can still play the warframe of your preferred sex. There will be more variety in the game.

Edited by Grinbringer

Really, again?

Yes and again untill they get the message. They nerfed Rhino after hearing complaint after complaint. However something that has NO NEGATIVE EFFECT like more character customization? still getting outcry. 

Keep the topics up ladies and gents. We might be able to sway them.

Moving to Art & Animation Feedback.

On Topic: In the recent Livestream DE took stance and said that alternate gender Warframes of a specific theme will be unique frames with a similar, but different skillset, if anything.

You're actually right on this in more than just that livestream, in a previous (believe it was Livestream 6) Steve (or Geoff, forgot) said they had a idea for a Male version of Ember called Blaze. I like the idea of having two different Warframes than doing a Gender swap because it would increase the ability range possibility (maybe they'll have different abilities)

I agree...

I cannot personally play a women character as comfortably as I would like too.

Let me add onto this.

Warframe Gender Skins could be sold at the market for Plat.

More plat = More income.

They could be on alerts

More alert items = Less potato chance

Less potato chance = More people buying potatoes

More people buying potatoes = Profit

And, it could change the customization of the game. Not everyone wants to be a chicken with thunder thighs when controlling the element of fire. Not everyone wants to control sound while looking like a Xenomorph.

This could change that.

Personally, it would just be another reskin, wouldn't be impossible to do.

Not for plat, otherwiese nice idea.

You get more diversity, uniqueness, and originality if there are more customizations then just colors. Color + Gender is more then just colors.

wrong, if everyone is playing male. wheres the diversity.

think fist speak after.

This again. Would love gender customisation. A few sliders maybe, to allow a range of gender expressions.

Oh wait you meant binary sex reskins?

Why is it I wonder that I've only ever seen people complain about playing female frames?

A few lessons to be repeated here:

1) Gender is not a binary

2) If you actively dislike playing female frames, it is probably an unconscious expression of most societies' devaluing of women and femininity, aka sexism (or not so unconscious, based on some of the people I've encountered in this game)

3) At this stage of development, playable content > binary sex reskins

Edited by kgb_cyborg

I was excited to see the antimatter frame was coming out soon untill i saw the teaser pic and it showed it will be a female frame. Ugh. Now Im not going to knock guys who like playing with female frames nor should they knock us manly men. But really, genderswaps are the best route to please your customer base.

I want this, but the devs denied us. Too bad.

You're actually right on this in more than just that livestream, in a previous (believe it was Livestream 6) Steve (or Geoff, forgot) said they had a idea for a Male version of Ember called Blaze. I like the idea of having two different Warframes than doing a Gender swap because it would increase the ability range possibility (maybe they'll have different abilities)

Sounds good to me.

True. And I guess the problem of the mod pool is not going to go away. But I think the mod system is flawed anyhow and this is one of the reasons why.

Give me my MAN TRIN! 24 inch pecs and a lobster bib please.

Oh god that'd be brilliant. Lobster King. Honestly I hope you get it at some point, be it the way I suspect or via a skin.

270px-LarrytheLobster.jpg

This again. Would love gender customisation. A few sliders maybe, to allow a range of gender expressions.

Oh wait you meant binary sex reskins?

Why is it I wonder that I've only ever seen people complain about playing female frames?

I've complained about having to play men before :)

I'd like non-binary choices too. Two of the fan frames I've drawn are gender neutral, Supulchre and Pink Octopus.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/63056-valhas-fan-doodles-update-62013-butts-and-bragging/#entry664993

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/63056-valhas-fan-doodles-update-62013-butts-and-bragging/page-2#entry696567

I would love a body type triangle slider, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

I need that breath to *@##$ at the Devs for their (imo) boneheaded decision.