Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Popular Now missing from forum home page

rynocerator

Question

6 answers to this question

I think it was done to cut back on the "bandwagon" threads that either turn into echo chambers or derail into back and forth insults. These are the threads that usually remain "hot" or "popular" the longest. I disagree with the change as it hides important topics along with the others, but can see why they did it. A notice would have been nice though so we weren't left guessing if it was even intentional or not.

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517

I feel like the change was intended to cut down on the amount of people replying to troll posts, angry posts, posts with lack of constructive criticism, and other things along those lines. With those kinds of posts becoming less popular due to there being no popular now sidebar, it'll cut down on headaches in general.

3 minutes ago, LogaMC1995 said:

Popular Now box will only appear when a thread or more gets "popular", like getting a lot of comments and views in short time. So if there's no thread met that requirements, the box will simply vanish.

Except there are multiple threads "hot" right now and there's no popular now box. DE probably removed the box to prevent people from replying to popular threads in off-topic or about to be locked threads