Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rescue Target Dies when entering the water for Uranus Rescue

Lqn8r

I haven't ran the submersible missions that much but I've failed a syndicate rescue twice because the rescue target went into the water. The first time I was checking if there were any medallions in the underwater and I Instantly failed. The second time was when I found a medallion by a pool of water and the rescue target walked into the pool of water, failing me again. This bug is really frustrating as it wastes all the time I spend trying to find medallions. Not sure if this is intentional or not, but can the rescue target just get sent back to it's previous position when it enters the water?

-Lqn8r

Can confirm, just had this happen to me as well. Hostage attempts to teleport to your position, which instantly kills them if you're in Sharkwing. Also note the Hostage ragdoll freakout in the transmission window.

EDIT: Higher quality Gfycat link: 

Edited by carbine7

Yup, just happened to me.  Syndicate NPCs could also dive in and drown. I can't seem to recreate that anymore maybe they fixed the NPCs. Now it's the hostage's turn.

Edit:

Had yet another rescue syndicate in Uranus today.  The hostage pathing AI will actually consider taking a shortcut by going in the water to reach me despite me not going in it at all.  Just being near a submersible hole is dangerous.

Edited by MystMan

• 2 weeks later...

PS4 user here, note im also new to the game, (pretty good game for a FTP as well)

I also confirm this just happend to me, trying to do syndicate rescue.

hopefully the Devs fix this for such a polished game, it's a very surprising fault, and if it's intended that's just stupid ,the syndicate medals spawn under water some times so that screw's you over for a potential extra 4000 rep at the least. never mind the fact your putting time in for the extra rep to have it all stolen from you.

As a side note: i Hate Uranus the submersible stuff is just nonsense, i like the space arch-wing stuff just fine, reminds me fondly of Gundam Wing.

But the submersible stuff just ruins the flow of the games fast movement system, and is genuinely un-enjoyable.

I wish the planet was removed or "vaulted" as items in this game seem to be, or at the least redone entirely from scratch.

Who at DE actually thought of this and said "yea this is awesome, Totally fits the speed of our game"?

Edited by (PS4)Darkstorm0X53
Grammar check, few uneligible words

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So this seems to still not be fixed. Even though operative is no longer trying to teleport to player in sharkwing, he is now waiting near the water entry point and then walks into it when you're exiting sharkwing, dying instantly. This is very frustrating since all the time I was searching the level for syndicate stuff is wasted when this happens.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...