Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Struggle Of Shaving

Zdeadfallout

So...This Thread is a bit Weird, but I always wondered, How do you Guys Feel when shaving

It is Painful AF, the fact that your hair is just Harsh, and doesn't want to Fall Off easily, and The PAIN After Shaving, that feeling...it is Hard 

SOoo.....What is your stories Operators ?

Spoiler

I began shaving when I was 14 btw...dunno why but I wanted to tell you 

^ ^ ^

2 hours ago, TheMetrocop said:

*cough* i actually don't have experience with face shaving for reasons *cough*

Ah! You're like me, an honest man! (what other reason could there be ?1)

A friend of mines entire face can be beard-lite in one day. I don't trust him. The only other person that could get that dark of a shadow that fast was Nixon.

7 minutes ago, Liquid262 said:

^ ^ ^

Ah! You're like me, an honest man! (what other reason could there be ?1)

A friend of mines entire face can be beard-lite in one day. I don't trust him. The only other person that could get that dark of a shadow that fast was Nixon.

sure 

1 hour ago, TheMetrocop said:

bold probably implies i'm implying that i'm implying something

Which means that you're implying one or the other. I know, swimming through Uranus requires a dedicated kit.

ETA: I mean shaving your legs to get a slight advantage is one thing but the molecular structure of the pool is an entirely seperate thing.

Edited by Liquid262

Man, if it hurts. You are either not using good shaving equipment, and there really is no reason you shouldn't go all out on regular hygiene and maintenance, OR you have a skin condition. Personally, I use a "safety" razor in a high quality metal housing (the blades are disposal and last a while) with a lather of barbasol aloe, with some hot water and some old school shaving soap applied with a boar brush. Downright pleasant. You can get a kit from fred's for under 50 usually. It will be the smoothest shave you've ever had. Until you try a straight razor.

I used to use a straight razor, but housed razors are a bit less maintenance, especially if you don't have a private bathroom where you can control the humidity in the area you house your razor. Below if you want to go to a straight razor.

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2009/10/06/how-to-straight-razor-shave/

You also wanted stories, so truth is I've done it "raw", "dry" and at one point even used an unhoused box razor. Major razorburn on that, but it got the job done, without a nick. Don't try it at home.

TLDR, learning how to use and maintain a blade, or shaving equipment is a valuable life skill that can also be enjoyable.

Edited by hammerheathen