Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add a credit rental for the extra colors

JHarlequin

I was thinking that I would enjoy some of the other colors from the color selector, but I'm not going to pay five dollars for it. So hopefully you could open up a method to purchase extra colors for credits, perhaps single color rentals for 5000 to 15000 credits for a week of use.

It does give players a way to bypass the platinum cost but does come at a different relevant cost that some people would skip if they could.

I agree. I'm master founder i got alotta platinum but i'm not a fan of a game where free to play players are restricted to simple addons like colours. but there are 2 sides to this. As a player that likes to be unique and running in premium stuff, i also agree on the fact that there should be some premium/platinum content. But it must be cosmetic only!

Edited by ProjectOne

I'm all for no limits for free players when it comes to gameplay, every player should have the ability to aquire very weapon and warframe for free, upgrade them and enjoy all areas, i'm even in favor of dropping the inventory limit even though i have enough plat to buy more than i'd need in the forseeable future... but visual modifications and customisations are one thing where i can say, yeah, that's something i'm fine with putting a price tag on. Play all you want, but if you want to be a special snowflake, buy the devs a coffee or a beer and pay up $5.

No to this.

Sorry, but all cosmetic extras should be limited entirely to platinum. This game is only free because peopel spend, and cosmetic stuff doesn't affect your actual gameplay.

If you want it, support the devs and buy it.

The other stuff like slots and super-chargers are things you should be debating...

No to this.

Sorry, but all cosmetic extras should be limited entirely to platinum. This game is only free because peopel spend, and cosmetic stuff doesn't affect your actual gameplay.

If you want it, support the devs and buy it.

The other stuff like slots and super-chargers are things you should be debating...

I agree on this but not something as simple as colours, i mean cut the free to play people some slack. Not everyone wants to, or can spend money on a game, that's why they play a free to play game in the first place. Second you shouldn't limit them on colouring they're warframe the way they want to. That's just silly in my opinion.

Edit: i can see skins being platinum only. And maybe more cosmetic stuff in the future.

Edited by ProjectOne

I agree pn this but not something as simple as colours, i mean cut the free to play people some slack. Not everyone wants to, or can spend money on a game, that's why they play a free to play game in the first place. Second you shouldn't limit them on colouring they're warframe the way they want to. That's just silly in my opinion.

Sorry, but colours aren't essential to play. This game NEEDS money for the devs to continue, and it's only $5 to unlock the colour. I find it hard to believe that many people who can afford a pc capable of running this game can't afford a one off payment of $5 to give the devs a little something back and gain access to the colour pallete.

Sorry, but colours aren't essential to play. This game NEEDS money for the devs to continue, and it's only $5 to unlock the colour. I find it hard to believe that many people who can afford a pc capable of running this game can't afford a one off payment of $5 to give the devs a little something back and gain access to the colour pallete.

I agree on you that colours aren't essential and that free to play games need the cash shop to stay in business. and i also agree that $5 ain't much. but i disagree on the fact that you find it hard to believe that people that own a pc that can run this game can't afford it. First of all this game has great graphics yes but it doesn't need a very high end pc to run it. Second, some people don't want to spend money on a free to play game just to unlock what? colours seems a little silly personally. in many other games colouring isn't premium at all and are given to anyone at the start so why should it be premium here? I can see maybe glowing colors or something else being added that could be premium but basic colouring should be accesed by everyone in my opinion.

Well, the way to look at it isn't that you're spending $5 to unlock colours, but that your giving the devs back a little something for letting you play this awesome game for nothing.

And yes, I am aware some people are very hard up, but I'm pretty sure the majority of F2Pers could afford at least $5.

Well, the way to look at it isn't that you're spending $5 to unlock colours, but that your giving the devs back a little something for letting you play this awesome game for nothing.

And yes, I am aware some people are very hard up, but I'm pretty sure the majority of F2Pers could afford at least $5.

I look at it the same way, that's why i'm Master. But everyone is different, and i'm personally always trying to find a solution so both sides could be happy that's who i am as a person can't really help it.

I look at it the same way, that's why i'm Master. But everyone is different, and i'm personally always trying to find a solution so both sides could be happy that's who i am as a person can't really help it.

Well, the devs are already very kind to F2Pers. You get access to every single peice of gameplay affecting content.

The only thing that needs tweaking (imo, and perhaps) is the slot amoutns for F2Pers and how they access super-chargers, the rest is very fair. It's why I decided to invest, I appreciate the devs are doing their best ot make it fair for their F2P player base.

Well, the devs are already very kind to F2Pers. You get access to every single peice of gameplay affecting content.

The only thing that needs tweaking (imo, and perhaps) is the slot amoutns for F2Pers and how they access super-chargers, the rest is very fair. It's why I decided to invest, I appreciate the devs are doing their best ot make it fair for their F2P player base.

I agree the market is pretty solid for closed-beta, as in everything gameplay wise is attainable in the game itself just faster if you buy it with platinum. And i'm sure they'll improve things alot.

You know what? I dont mind colors being platinum only, what I do mind is the fact that certain war frames come pre equipped with colors not on the palette (I.e. ember's orange bubbles) and once you change to a diff color you can't get it back. I think the selectable color palette needs to be improved for a wider variety of colors so that it feels like its worth $5.

I can;t bring myself to ask for cosmetic content for free, that's far too ridiculous. I'm happy with what I'm getting, and except for a few qualms about the supercharge system, there's nothing much else that I need for free.

What's your opininon on slot restrictions for F2P users, Cross?

Them selling the color pack right now doesn't really tempt me much. The colors aren't that great.

I noticed recently that there are some colors you can't even use on some of the frames. Ember has a really, really nice bright orange on her default color scheme that the color pack doesn't even include.

I dunno. It seems like a bit of a lame purchase. Not that it is horrible, but I feel like there really isn't that many colors included that beg the need to spend at all.

They ought to get some vibrant tones in there. Then I'd consider it an easily justified purchase. I want black and a bright yellow please.

Edited by Blatantfool

Them selling the color pack right now doesn't really tempt me much. The colors aren't that great.

I noticed recently that there are some colors you can't even use on some of the frames. Ember has a really, really nice bright orange on her default color scheme that the color pack doesn't even include.

I dunno. It seems like a bit of a lame purchase. Not that it is horrible, but I feel like there really isn't that many colors included that beg the need to spend at all.

They ought to get some vibrant tones in there. Then I'd consider it an easily justified purchase. I want black and a bright yellow please.

I have to agree on this, i expected more on the colors in the scheme not just so you can customize it fully and not just stick with random color schemes. But it's nice to have nonetheless maybe they'll even improve it someday who knows.

Like colors, lol?

Hehe you didn't really understand my point i shall explain on this. Colors are cosmetic yes, you're right. But as the color scheme is now i can't see why it has to be platinum only. since it's actually just so you don't have the hassle with the default schemes. What i meant was skins, maybe glowing colors whatever DE comes up with in that direction.

Edited by ProjectOne

You know what? I dont mind colors being platinum only, what I do mind is the fact that certain war frames come pre equipped with colors not on the palette (I.e. ember's orange bubbles) and once you change to a diff color you can't get it back. I think the selectable color palette needs to be improved for a wider variety of colors so that it feels like its worth $5.

I agree that the palette needs some improvements, but you can get the default colors back. There is a button on the customization screen to reset the color sheme to the default one.

I agree that the palette needs some improvements, but you can get the default colors back. There is a button on the customization screen to reset the color sheme to the default one.

That might not be what he means. What if you wanted that color elsewhere? You just can't. It doesn't exist.