Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Q for Fashionframers

RhythmicTune

Question

Want to setup a universal setup for all my frames, but I'm terrible at it. I mainly play Nova Prime (looks good with anything tbh) and Mesa (which is a pain)

I also have Ember, Titania, Valkyr, Mag Prime, and I'm working on Equinox, normal Nova for fast, and possibly Nyx or Nyx Prime.

GHzNG77.png

ZnF4ziI.png

PzJcSFA.png

8KvzcE1.png

DTXQmST.png

Valkyr would be here but I haven't updated it to this as I don't use her a lot, yet, need mods

And yeah I know this is a pleb thing to do but I must be indulged.

I have the original palette basic and Easter too.

6 answers to this question

Just now, NikodemosTheMan said:

Ehh...

Universal setups aren't really good, each frame should have its own unique flair in my opinion and just copying the same colors and cosmetics diminishes the uniqueness of each frame.

I would do that, but being limited to 3 color sets per weapon destroys that for me. 

I don't use anything other than Soma prime, aksomatin prime and ether reaper

As someone who runs a universal setup, my advice is three-fold. First, pick a favorite frame. Use them as your control, and make sure your setup looks best on them before attempting to adapt it (you already seem to be doing this, but I'm covering it for the sake of being thorough). Second, break every frame down into parts. By that, I mean what I do is see them as Undersuit, Plating, Trim and Decoration. Frames tend to split these around the four color channels (and for some I have to omit Decoration) but working in this manner has made my setup work well. Third, settle on your four colors and what they are.

For example, I use an almost entirely Grineer palette setup with my Undersuit being a very maroonish-brown, my Plating a dark teal shade, my Trim being a stony gray which I try to put into metallic tints so it gives a shiny steel look and my Decoration is a light cyan to have detail pop off of the Plating. Some frames this doesn't work for because Decoration may be too big an area to do anything else with, so if I have to drop a color that tends to be what goes. Equinox is my biggest outlier as her dual color nature means I just had to throw her together and hope it looks nice.

For advice specifically geared for you, I would add another color at least to your setup. Either a midpoint between the cream and the orange or a darker shade (looking at the center of Titania's chest, specifically). Try to set one as your Undersuit and try to get it onto the parts of a Warframe that seem to be the bottom layer. The inside of Mesa's thighs are a good example. Then move up to Plating which is usually most of the frame. From there it just sort of falls into place for me. What matters most is it looks nicest on your favorite frame. Everyone else can suck it up and work with it. That works the most for me.

Even If you use a single setup feel free to change the hue of the used colors and maybe add different colors on some frames as well. Some frames work with pure white while others look better with a light gray. simply copy pasting is not going to work.

Also try to work with 3 different colors instead of 2. The more difference in the picked colors the more you will see the details of the frame.

Cheers,
A White, Gray, Black & Orange user.

I don't have universal palettes for my warframes except for Primes. But I have about 6 different color setups that I use for my warframes and weapons, matching them to one of the six syndicates that favor them (based on which syndicates trade their augments).

Using the color palettes I have, I approximated the default colors of the syndicate weapons as closely as possible and applied them to the warframes.

Arbiters of Hexis and Steel Meridian look the best in my opinion, but this method has produced less flattering results for New Loka.

I'm planning on a second round of universal palettes with some minor individual tweaking for an all-round Grineer theme for my warframes using Faven_PS's Grineer themed skins, assuming that they have an accepted skin for each warframe. Otherwise, I'll just use them for Steel Meridian favored warframes since they match the Grineer theme.