Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus question

Zyba

Question

I didn't quite understand from the wiki but can you use focus earned from one school yo unlock other schools or points within other schools or must you have a lense for each school you wish to farm?  Similarly, can you have one school active while farming points for a separate school?

10 answers to this question

If you have standing with zenurik, you can't use this standing to lvl up naramon skills 

the focus school you equip doesn't have to be the one you have a lens currently on, for example, you could have a zenurik focus (default 5) while having weapons/warframes that use naramon lens, the focus you earn during this mission still goes to naramon, since you have their lens equipped 

16 minutes ago, Zyba said:

I didn't quite understand from the wiki but can you use focus earned from one school yo unlock other schools or points within other schools or must you have a lense for each school you wish to farm?  Similarly, can you have one school active while farming points for a separate school?

I'ma run an example here, 'kay?

You're in a mission, using Zenurik as your school of choice... Your Inaros has the Unairu Lens, your Tigris has Naramon, and your Lecta has Vazarin (you're carrying a lens-free AkLex.) Each kill with Inaros' abilities funnels Focus to Unairu... Tigris kills funnel to Naramon... Lecta kills to Zazarin. Any kills with the AkLex won't contribute to any of these.

Now, if you put a Zenurik Lens on your AkLex, then each kill would add to Zenurik Focus.

Long example short, yes, you can farm Focus for schools other than your selected.

And, yes, I'm aware that AkLex isn't exactly a go-to sidearm of choice for many, but it's one I use on occasion.

Edited by NinjaKitsune56

You need to apply a Lens to a piece of gear in order to gain Focus Affinity for that school, and only that school. I recommend using Greater Lenses.

You can have Zenurik set as the Primary and gain Focus Affinity for say Naramon as long as the gear you have has Naramon lenses.

So basically gaining Focus Affinity is all about the Lenses taken into missions.

5 hours ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

You're in a mission, using Zenurik as your school of choice... Your Inaros has the Unairu Lens, your Tigris has Naramon, and your Lecta has Vazarin (you're carrying a lens-free AkLex.) Each kill with Inaros' abilities funnels Focus to Unairu... Tigris kills funnel to Naramon... Lecta kills to Zazarin. Any kills with the AkLex won't contribute to any of these.

Half true.  Your tigris kills give you 50% naramon and 50% uniru while your un-lensed Ak Lex gives you only 50% uniru and sends 50% off into the ether unclaimed.  Adding the zenurik lens to the pistol stops wasting that 50% but it doesn't impact the 50% that was already getting sent to uniru via the lens on the frame.

Kills made my your squad mates while you are in affinity sharing range splits the focus across all those schools.

8 minutes ago, Pouncer said:

If I have a weapon that I'm leveling just to get my MR up, will that slow down the XP I gain for focus lenses?  Also, do the lenses benefit from affinity boosters?

Short answer:

• Yes, having weapon that are not max or do not have lenses on them will net you less focus. 
  • Yes, affinity booster will double focus gain.

Long answer:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Focus

Edited by (PS4)A_SimpleName

Just now, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

Short answer:

• Yes, having weapon that are not max or do not have lenses on them will net you less focus. 
  • Yes, affinity booster will double focus gain.

Okay thanks.  I had bought a 30 day booster (a bit less than half of it left).  I've leveled from 9 to 13 in that time, and I haven't been playing as much as I could because I don't want to get burned out.  I was hoping to reach 15 with maximum effort! but I guess I'll have to just share, my Ember blows stuff up and has been great for XP farming.  I'm thinking I need to find the ideal survival zone, one that isn't too high to where they don't die right away and yet high enough to make running them worth it.