Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hello?

Noob0001

Question

Hello all! 

I'm a new player on Warframe, having just less than three hours played.

My Tenno has 720 shield and 255 health, and I can do (via ranged weapons) 63 damage per second and/or 30 damage per melee strike. 

I have been taught enough to learn that a huge part of the game is trying multiple different warframes and weapons. (I have a friend who never figured that out)

I am posting this to ask two questions: 

1.) My Warframe is approaching level 30. What should I be doing to get another frame? Are there any specific frames that are easy for new players to get?

and 2.) Is there anywhere else I should be posting this hello message on this forum?

9 answers to this question

Welcome to Warframe! 

Your primary goal right now should be trying out weapons and mod loadouts as you make your way through the star chart. Once you get to Saturn is when you can begin trying diffrent warframes since this is when most all crafting materials you need for warframes are avalible besides getting taxies/alerts with said material. And don't let anyone fool you, modding is where you fix up your gear to endgame, not finding the "best" weapon in the game. Learn how to properly mod weapons for the diffrent factions in game, there are tons of videos and tutorials on modding on the internet.

Again, Welcome!

Welcome to Warframe! ^-^

When it comes to getting new Warframes, the most accessible way is going to be by killing bosses. The wiki, which can be found here http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki will let you look up any warframe you might have an interest in and tell you how to get it. If you have any further questions about them, I'll do my best to answer them for you.

First off: Welcome to Warframe!

Second: to play off what ChromaticDergan said, it's not what's about finding whats' the "best" it's about trying out new weapons and frames; don't concern yourself about what the best weapons or frames are, just try out different frames and weapons and find what works best for you. Though I will say that you should always keep trying different things; just because what you have now is good, doesn't mean you should settle :) And it is mostly mods that will help push weapons into "end game" territory more-so than the weapons themselves, (Heck earlier today I was running around Pluto shooting corpus units with a regular Paris bow, in most cases one-shotting them)

As for frames, you'll get a good number of them from facing/farming the bosses of the planets as you progress through the star chart, so don't sweat too much about that as you'll come across those ones naturally and the others you'll get from quest (which are now in junction rewards). So jump into your Landing Craft/Liset, Tenno and go show those Corpus and Grineer that they're messing with the wrong Tenno! :D

Also, if you need any help or have any questions, feel free to add me in-game; I'm always happy to help.

Welcome to Warframe @Noob0001. Lots of sound advice has been posted here before me, but I'd just like to let you know about the Guides of the Lotus program (GotL).

Guides of the Lotus are a team of knowledgable and helpful people who you can usually find in low level relays such as Larunda on Mercury. Guides are there to answer questions and assist players with any concerns.

So if you find yourself getting stuck, feel free to find a guide and they will be happy to help you.

14 hours ago, PeachyPurpleNova said:

Welcome to Warframe @Noob0001. Lots of sound advice has been posted here before me, but I'd just like to let you know about the Guides of the Lotus program (GotL).

Guides of the Lotus are a team of knowledgable and helpful people who you can usually find in low level relays such as Larunda on Mercury. Guides are there to answer questions and assist players with any concerns.

So if you find yourself getting stuck, feel free to find a guide and they will be happy to help you.

So ... Time for stupid question #1.

What's a relay?