Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Calculating Chroma's abilities with different amounts of power strenght

Antiphoton

Question

Hello fellow Tenno:

I just wanted to double check if my calculations on armor values with Ice Elemental Ward & Vex Armor are correct. I used two power strenght setups: one with Steel Fiber, Intensify and Power Drift, and the other with Steel Fiber, Intensify, Power Drift, Blind Rage and Transient Fortitude (all maxed). So, here we go:

145% Power Strenght (Intensify + Power Drift):

Ice Elemental Ward alone: 350 × (1 + 1.1 + 1.5 × 1.45) = 1496.25 armor
Vex Armor alone: 350 × (1 + 1.1) × 3.5 × 1.45 = 3730.125 armor
Ice Elemental Ward + Vex Armor: 1496.25 x 3.5 x 1.45 = 7598.46875 armor
Damage reduction: 7598.46875 / (300 + 7598.46875) = 0.9620179 (96%)

299% Power Strenght (Intensify + Power Drift + Blind Rage + Transient Fortitude):

Ice Elemental Ward alone: 350 × (1 + 1.1 + 1.5 × 2.99) = 2829.75 armor
Vex Armor alone: 350 × (1 + 1.1) × 3.5 × 2.99 = 7691.775 armor
Ice Elemental Ward + Vex Armor: 2829.75 x 3.5 x 2.99 = 29613.33375 armor
Damage reduction: 29613.33375 / (300 + 29613.33375) = 0.9899710 (99%)

If I am not mistaken, this means that the difference in damage reduction from 145% to 299% power strenght is only 3%. But using the 299% setup puts a lot of limitations to your build, like spending two mod slots for it and receiving penalties on other stats. I'm currently using the 145% build and I don't want to change it. Has any of you used both? Is that difference of 3% noticeable? Because on paper, it doesn't seem to be worth it.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Antiphoton

7 answers to this question

Using the EHP calculator on Warframe Builder (which doesn't take power drift into account) the numbers were similar enough to yours that their maths agrees with yours. Can't say I've used both so no idea if that 3% is worth the cost.

Edited by Void_Soldier
typo

Thanks a lot, that gives me a better perspective. I'll keep my current build for now, but it's nice to know that I can tweak it to extreme levels if needed.

Now I'm curious about how much damage reduction can be achieved with that mod that gives power strength on energy pickup (was it Energy Conversion?) and a full squad running with Growing Power + Coaction Drift...

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 4:54 PM, Antiphoton said:

Thanks a lot, that gives me a better perspective. I'll keep my current build for now, but it's nice to know that I can tweak it to extreme levels if needed.

Now I'm curious about how much damage reduction can be achieved with that mod that gives power strength on energy pickup (was it Energy Conversion?) and a full squad running with Growing Power + Coaction Drift...

Energy Conversion gives 50% extra power strength. It is a good alternative to intensify or even Transient Fortitude, if a relatively reliable source of Energy orbs exists.

Regarding Growing power, however, you'll have some problems: They stack, yes, but only when other teammates activate it. For example, if you have growing power and apply a status proc, you and your teammates get a 25% strength bonus for 6 seconds (though only you are notified). However, if a teammate also procs a status effect during those 6 seconds, you'll get 50% power strength bonus. All in all, unless the whole squad takes and constantly uses weapons that proc at least once per 6 seconds, it is not a reliable method.

I wasn't intending to use Growing Power or Energy Conversion in an actual build, I just was wondering how op would it be, if all the stars aligned, hehe.

So, Steel Fiber + Armored Agility + Intensify + Blind Rage + Transient Fortitude + Energy Conversion + 4 procced Growing Powers + 4 Coaction Drifts would mean 99.78 damage reduction. That means that if you take a 100k hit, you'll only receive 220 damage. 

(In reality, that is an obsolete build, of course.)

I haven't tried Stand United, as I'm not sure if it affects armor before or after taking into account the abilities, but as with all auras, my guess would be that if you're not running with Stand United x4, you'll get better results with power strength.