Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can all the Syndicate Melee weapons be buffed to the Boltace's level?

TwevOWNED

On 9/16/2016 at 11:56 AM, Vuli said:

There is no reason syndicate melees should be sidegrades to the normal weapon. None.

Except there is: we don't need stronger weapons.  The weapons we have are already overkill.  Even if it's just some gimmicks, it's a welcome change from straight stat upgrades.  There comes a point where better stats are just meaningless if they don't offer something different.  

8 hours ago, TwevOWNED said:

And peole still think it's better than the Karyst...

I mean, to be fair, if you include the fact that RDD can use the syndicate mod it could be argued that it is better and if you're playing high level grineer missions on top of that (where most units have alloy armor) it is flat out better then karyst.

it's just that the passive sucks massive moa power cells.
If it's status was raised to 20% and shield conversion rate to 15-25%, it would be a very useful dagger, and certainly a great utility melee weapon worthy of MR8.

Edited by RIOT

4 minutes ago, RIOT said:

I mean, to be fair, if you include the fact that RDD can use the syndicate mod it could be argued that it is better and if you're playing high level grineer missions on top of that (where most units have alloy armor) it is flat out better then karyst.

it's just that the passive sucks massive moa power cells.
If it's status was raised to 20% and shield conversion rate to 15-25%, it would be a very useful dagger, and certainly a great utility melee weapon worthy of MR8.

agreed

• 3 weeks later...

Dark Dagger: Innate Covert Lethality and Innate Augment from the Syndicate mod (Will not be able to equip both mods) + The current passives.

Lecta: WuKong's Primal Fury range passive + more crit %

Heliocor: Buff it's crit stats

Magister: It's fine (Faster Charge Attack?)

Sydon: Buff to Orthos Range?

My opinion on all the weapons not having used them yet. 

Vaykor Sydon: Stats are fine. Passive chance to resist knockdown is nice for melee, but ability sucks just because blocking is impractical.

Telos Boltace: Most stats are mediocre minus the slide damage and the weapon relies on maiming strike slide attacks to feel really good with a parkour passive that is nice for melee too. Good as a quick attack weapon to slide through groups of enemies trying to run around, but I think using slide attacks as a primary method of damage gets old fast.

Synoid Heliocor: Ok stats if uninteresting; not a ton to work with as far as status or crit. It is nice it kept the scanning, but specters could be better by just lasting until they die with just an upward limit, so I can make a holographic army. 

Rakta Dark Dagger: I was really hoping this would be the split sword. This is likely just going to be for covert lethality since the status is so bad, you cannot use the passive shield gain reliably to just buff yourself up through quick melee periodically. Sight range passive might as well not be there.  Still the best dagger, looks really edgy, too. 

Secura Lecta: Good status weapon with nice range and attack speed, looking forward to this one a lot as I think it is the best of the lot. Totally worthless passive, however, and whip stances are not the best. 

Sancti Magistar: Really? Another hammer? -_- Free lifestrike is nice I guess...