The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Intermittent freezing

(XBOX)Midnight Malice

My sortie yesterday, final interception was horrendous, with around 1 second play and 1 second freeze throughout the mission.Dmitri said anyone having problems should submit a ticket, to report the bug.It's frustrating but they are trying to resolve the issue.Submit a ticket if you haven't already.I've had problems since Silver Grove update.

I have submitted a ticket for this issue.  It's probably a little confusing because I play both the PC version and the Xbox version.  Both have the issue.  I play Xbox the majority of the time, so that is the one that I'm most interested in.  My login and gamertag are the same if that helps, teknosoca

I also have Kinect connected and functioning, as well as Cortana.  I don't use the Kinect for game chat, I use the standard issue headset plugged into my controller.  I do not have a chatpad or other accessories.  As already stated by previous Tenno, the game was working just fine with things exactly the same.  Game installed to external drive, Cortana active, Kinect attached and functional.

Also, as I stated earlier, I have 2 Xbox One consoles running Warframe at the same time, for hours at a time.  My other console is not reporting issues.  I will update my ticket with that consoles information as soon as I can in order to do some comparing.  That console does NOT have a Kinect attached, incidentally.

09/29/2016 10:28 PM PST UPDATE:

I have moved Warframe install to my internal drive and did some solo then 2 man squad testing.  The issues are the same, if not worse.  At the end of a mission, the game would not let me exit the Mission Summary screen.  I had to quit and restart the game.  Still getting the stuttering issue when in the arsenal on my own ship.  During this testing, my second Xbox console was not on.  Will be adding the information from the second console later tonight.

Edited by teknosoca
Updating information.

Ok, I started playing this game in 2014 and i deleted it cause it was unplayable. At this time i was getting 50 down and 10 upload on comcast. I did not open my nat settings though at this time. 

I started playing again 12 days ago.. The first two days no issues. Now Im getting lag spikes and the game is unplayable. 

I now have 80 down and 8 upload steady even when I have these issues. 

The only thing that helps is a restart and that seems to work for a bit but, it all comes back" this seems to be the issue, seems thats what everyone is saying" 

Nat type is open and proper ports are opened on my router.. Before i did this it acted the same. Nothing has changed. 

I have had At&t already bring me a new router. Now the At&t lied and told me I have fiber and its not fiber. I still don't see why i would have these issues, with these speeds. Even if I'm the host. 

I can do a few runs with friends then all of a sudden it happens and I always check my isp when it happens it reads fine, no issues. 

Last experience was in a  group of 4 and we did 6 rounds no issues then bam lag spikes on 7th round and can't play.. This happens when I'm hosting as well. No one shares my internet and nothing is happening on my internet while i'm playing. It feels like I'm getting a 3000ms lag spike from no bandwidth which i used to get playing wow when roommates downloaded stuff or streamed. I no longer have roommates so this is something else. 

Things I've done - open nat on xbox - open ports on router - reset router, reset xbox cache ..nothing seems to work .  

All video settings for extra stuff is all turned off too.

I don't have any issues on any other game on xbox..  feel free to tell me another game thats p2p and ill download it and test it . 

Other issues = game server not found, host not found , freezing after missions making people reload war frame, and occasional video buzzing crashes. . 

Connection from xbox to router is wired 

update : no kinect or cortana ... game on internal drive downloaded it 12 days ago!

Ps. and i just spent some money too ... salty 

P.P.S - is everyone having these problems on At&t?

Edited by (XB1)DjVial

4 hours ago, teknosoca said:

I also have Kinect connected and functioning, as well as Cortana.  I don't use the Kinect for game chat, I use the standard issue headset plugged into my controller.  I do not have a chatpad or other accessories.  As already stated by prevous Tenno, the game was working just fine with things exactly the same.  Game installed to external drive, Cortana active, Kinect attached and functional.

Also, as I stated earlier, I have 2 Xbox One consoles running Warframe at the same time, for hours at a time.  My other console is not reporting issues.  I will update my ticket with that consoles information as soon as I can in order to do some comparing.  That console does NOT have a Kinect attached, incidently.

You have two xboxes and one doesn't have the issue? This is interesting to me , by any chance is the one having issues a first generation? They haven't changed anything inside the xbox except capacity , same drive and everything..  just a thought

Edited by (XB1)DjVial

3 hours ago, (XB1)DjVial said:

You have two xboxes and one doesn't have the issue? This is interesting to me , by any chance is the one having issues a first generation? They haven't changed anything inside the xbox except capacity , same drive and everything..  just a thought

I'm not entirely sure how to positively identify the first gen from the second gen, but I am almost positive both consoles are "first generation" of the Xbox One platform, as they don't have the better controller with the headphone jack built in.

You guys NEED to fix this ASAP.  It's not even worth playing for most of us.  This is happening to me and everyone I know that is playing the game right now. No cortana, no kinect, this is on Warframe or xbox's side, looking like Warframe though. We've been having this lag/framerate/network connection failure problem since the Titania update. It's almost every single game..  sometimes it just starts and then stops randomly in another section of the game, then can come back at any point.   example: LOR nightmare last night 2nd part,  matching the picture/buttons = massive frame rate/lag problems, went through the door to the next area with the tram and it cleared up, came back on the Vay Hek fight later. It happens so often that when it doesn't lag or stutter we actually take notice.  THIS IS NOT SOME SMALL PROBLEM THAT YOU CAN HESITATE TO FIX.

I can assure everyone that we are doing everything we possibly can to resolve this issue. We absolutely understand how serious this is and how frustrating it must be, which is why our support team is currently working with a number of players to help us track down the source of these freezes. 

With that said, if anyone in this thread would be willing to invite me to their session so that I could experience this as a member of their squad then please feel free to send me a DM through the Warframe forums. 

Once again we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and we hope to have it resolved in a timely manner.

Thanks everyone.

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

Also, could anyone who is still experiencing this issue please try power cycling their Xbox One? 
To power cycle your console, follow these steps:

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.
  2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button  on your controller. 

Then try playing Warframe again and let us know if you still experience these same freezes.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Alsta ntedld ssnyone who is still experie ncing this issue please try porycling their Xbox One? 
To pow er cycle your console, follow these steps:

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.
  2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button  on your controller. 

Then try playing Warframe again and let us know if you still experience these same freezes.

Thanks.

Hi I've tried that when I first started with problem.What's tending to happen with me, I run around 3 missions then the stuttering frame rate starts.It does It In multiplayer, less so playing solo.But I even get the Issue on my ship.Even whilst typing a message In chat.

3 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Also, could anyone who is still experiencing this issue please try power cycling their Xbox One? 

Thanks.

Sometimes restarting the console is the only way to fix other issues that happen when the stuttering starts.  Restarting Warframe is something that people have to do quite often during any play session.  These restarts are also something that has never been the first resort to fixing any issue, nor do most games have these issues.  Which include unable to join sessions, unable to exit end of mission summary screen, unable to create session in navigation, unable to complete missions when the boss won't appear or die, unable to travel to Dojo, unable to trade in Dojo, and the list goes on.  Everyone that I play with tries a Warframe restart a couple times.. then we resort to the console restart to try and fix these issues.  When I get the stutter issue, I press the Xbox button to go to my home screen and minimize Warframe for a minute or so, then go back into Warframe, and sometimes that will let me play for another couple of minutes.  It's also interesting to note that when Warframe is minimized and I'm on the home screen, watching Warframe and the mission continue, it does not seem to be stuttering some of the time.  Which means that it's only when I'm in control and playing the game interactively does it have the issue, I've noticed.

And if you missed my comment previously, my second console, which just updated to the same version of OS as my primary console, still does not have any of the stuttering issues.  Which is very strange.

I invite you to join my squad and experience the stutter first hand during play.  I don't know if the other squad members can actually see the stutter when it's happening, which might be something even worse, I don't know.  But the must not be able to see me stuttering because the lucky people that don't have this issue think I'm crazy.

Edited by teknosoca
Add additional information

5 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Thanks.

The correct way to power cycle your xbox one is to remove the power brick as well as doing what you said.  The game worked for about 4 matches , then started up again. I was playing with the same people.

Does anyone have full hard drives  ? like 80% -90% full ? I know I deleted a bunch of games the other night as well to see if that helped..  The longest the game works with out these issues is when i do a proper power recycle on the xbox , but then it still only lets me play a few matches. I actually have never liked a game so much and wanted to throw my controller through the screen at the same time.. 

6 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

I can assure everyone that we are doing everything we possibly can to resolve this issue. We absolutely understand how serious this is and how frustrating it must be, which is why our support team is currently working with a number of players to help us track down the source of these freezes. 

With that said, if anyone in this thread would be willing to invite me to their session so that I could experience this as a member of their squad then please feel free to send me a DM through the Warframe forums. 

Once again we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and we hope to have it resolved in a timely manner.

Thanks everyone.

Hey i would love to show you.. I'm on a lot , i will be on late tonight as well ... Hit me up anytime and feel free to look at my xbox wall i have made a few videos of the problem thanks... 

Edited by (XB1)DjVial

1 hour ago, teknosoca said:

Sometimes restarting the console is the only way to fix other issues that happen when the stuttering starts.  Restarting Warframe is something that people have to do quite often during any play session.  These restarts are also something that has never been the first resort to fixing any issue, nor do most games have these issues.  Which include unable to join sessions, unable to exit end of mission summary screen, unable to create session in navigation, unable to complete missions when the boss won't appear or die, unable to travel to Dojo, unable to trade in Dojo, and the list goes on.  Everyone that I play with tries a Warframe restart a couple times.. then we resort to the console restart to try and fix these issues.  When I get the stutter issue, I press the Xbox button to go to my home screen and minimize Warframe for a minute or so, then go back into Warframe, and sometimes that will let me play for another couple of minutes.  It's also interesting to note that when Warframe is minimized and I'm on the home screen, watching Warframe and the mission continue, it does not seem to be stuttering some of the time.  Which means that it's only when I'm in control and playing the game interactively does it have the issue, I've noticed.

And if you missed my comment previously, my second console, which just updated to the same version of OS as my primary console, still does not have any of the stuttering issues.  Which is very strange.

I invite you to join my squad and experience the stutter first hand during play.  I don't know if the other squad members can actually see the stutter when it's happening, which might be something even worse, I don't know.  But the must not be able to see me stuttering because the lucky people that don't have this issue think I'm crazy.

"I invite you to join my squad and experience the stutter first hand during play.  I don't know if the other squad members can actually see the stutter when it's happening, which might be something even worse, I don't know.  But the must not be able to see me stuttering because the lucky people that don't have this issue think I'm crazy."   hahahaha they say the same thing to me and think I'm crazy too...   They say get better internet blah blah ... open your nat type ... lol its like a broken record

People say i look like I'm moonwalking when it happens , so they see it...

I also want to point out that a bunch of my friends quit cause of this. Also a lot of people I play with are having the same issues , one thing though they haven't opened a ticket or came here.. It took me over a week myself to come here and comment. I tried everything before this and i don't think i have anymore solutions.. Except I might try deleting the game tonight and reinstalling ... 

Edited by (XB1)DjVial

16 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

I can assure everyone that we are dGmailg everything doossibly can to.  resolve this i ssue. We absolutely understand how serious this is and how frustrating it must be, which is why our support team is currently working with a number of players to help us track down the source of these freezes. 

Thanks everyone.

You're more than welcome to join my session, I usually get on 8pm Gmt.Usually I get around 3 trouble free missions before the stuttering starts.Sometimes It happens every few seconds and others every other second.It happens on my ship too whislt doing nothing, typing a message etc.

Warframe please I can't take this i will be walking away. Every 3 seconds I get 2 sec of lag. I am hard wired and before silver grove and xbox update never experienced this in fact it's why I enjoyed the game. I can't aim i can't keep a flowing movement it is killing me sometimes the lag time is 15 sec. Reset everything called Internet provider have fastest Internet in new Zealand.  I run raids daily however this can't happen there for earning platinum to continue my progress is slowing. I won't be continuing to play if this is not fixed. People I play with experience this but not like me. I have video on my profile of this lagging out. I put hours into a game I now can't play due to lag. I can count 3 seconds then boom 2 sec lag but not always wanted seconds 5, 10 and more.

Answers I need answers or I'm done and I love this game. I play other online games with no lag at all. Something has broken since your and xbox updates. Mine got worse after endo update also.

Antonsghost.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Antonsghost said:

Warframe please I can't take this i will be walking away. Every 3 seconds I get 2 sec of lag. I am hard wired and before silver grove and xbox update never experienced this in fact it's why I enjoyed the game. I can't aim i can't keep a flowing movement it is killing me sometimes the lag time is 15 sec. Reset everything called Internet provider have fastest Internet in new Zealand.  I run raids daily however this can't happen there for earning platinum to continue my progress is slowing. I won't be continuing to play if this is not fixed. People I play with experience this but not like me. I have video on my profile of this lagging out. I put hours into a game I now can't play due to lag. I can count 3 seconds then boom 2 sec lag but not always wanted seconds 5, 10 and more.

Answers I need answers or I'm done and I love this game. I play other online games with no lag at all. Something has broken since your and xbox updates. Mine got worse after endo update also.

Antonsghost.

Just read above interested to see another playing using my process to fix this  problem for 4 min, so I double tap my home button minimise warframe now while doing this the lag stops I see play continuing in minimise screen with no lag telling me it might be more an xbox issue over warframe I normally die at this point as I'm in homescreen I wait a minute then go back to play this stops lag for about 4-5 min then returns often worse.

Thing to hit home I see lag stopped while I'm in homescreen. Please fix this issue don't want to stop playing but I already am finding my self moving away from angering myself with lagged play.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Antonsghost said:

I double tap my home button minimise warframe now while doing this the lag stops I see play continuing in minimise screen with no lag

Thank you very much for this bit of information. This is very helpful. Once again I assure you we are doing everything we can to resolve this issue as soon as possible and information like this goes a long way in helping us do that.