The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Intermittent freezing

(XBOX)Midnight Malice

Hi everyone,

Once again we would like to let you all know that we are doing everything in our power to solve this problem. The team working on Warframe is well aware of the comments made in this thread and we can assure you that we want these freezes to be solved just as much as you do. Unfortunately we have been having a very difficult time reproducing any of this on our end, which is why we have been reaching out to the community for assistance. Through these efforts we had reason to believe that the aforementioned Xbox One OS update could possibly help us get rid of these freezes, however that appears to have not worked.

Please keep in mind that many of the people responsible for providing new content for Warframe have nothing to do with solving performance-related problems. So while it may seem disheartening to see new content constantly being released, I can assure you that we are also working on making technical improvements at the same time.

-

8 hours ago, (XB1)GrnDarthInvader said:

Another thing I noticed: playing Coba on Earth, and due to the sheer amount of mods that drop there I noticed the small freeze when I pickup a mod, but only when I get a stance mod. This freezing looks like this annoying intermittent freezing... strange.... This happens when I play solo/full squad, whilst the original issue only happens when im in a squad. Can happen anywhere, including staying idle in the ship.

Thank you for this information, GrnDarthInvader. Even if it ends up not being related to the constant freezing that everyone else is reporting it will still be good to get this particular issue cleaned up as well.

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

Good to hear the issue is still trying to be solved.The weird thing is for roughly 3 missions everything is ok,keeping in the same squad everything's fine,then for no apparent reason it just starts.Another issue I have noticed more is  at the mission end where stats are shown,my screen shows the  stats but i'm unable to exit from it,although i'm still able to navigate through chat.This has also as been more apparent since the Silver Grove update.The only way i've been able to exit is by shutting the game down.

The issue started to happen for me few days ago. It started roughly after I added friend far away from me (ping over 1800-2000). It happened when I played with him but now it happens when I'm in any group regardless if he is online or offline. After game restart I'm able to do 1-2 missions while in group then screen freezes every 2-3 seconds. It doesn't occur if I play alone - whenever it is solo or public but no one joins. In missions with opt-out like defense or interception it sometimes happens that I start alone, everything is fine, someone joins, screen starts to freeze, the other guy leaves and everything is fine again.

I'm on XBox One (not S) with kinect (but chat mic turned off), no cortana, wired network.

I hope it helps and thank you for investigation.

@[DE]Dmitri your request for support tickets was almost two weeks ago. Should I still create a ticket or is it no longer necessary?

1 minute ago, (XB1)Deflinek said:

The issue started to happen for me few days ago. It started roughly after I added friend far away from me (ping over 1800-2000). It happened when I played with him but now it happens when I'm in any group regardless if he is online or offline.

This is surprising to hear. Thank you very much for this bit of information. You can hold off sending us a support ticket for now. I'll send a forum DM your way as we have some tests we would like to try with you. 

Hi, my name's Matt, from NY. I would also like to report that I am experiencing the intermittent freezing that makes the game unplayable with friends outside of my region. I have noticed that when I double tap xbox guide button to minimize the game; that you can make the freezing stop for a while. When the game is minimized the strange 3 second freezes actually go away completely. If you wait about 15 seconds with the game minimized and then fullscreen the app again, usually i can complete the mission without the bug. The problem seems to only occur to the person of highest or higher bandwidth in the group, allowing the slug connections to play smoothly off the host, but the host must suffer the intermittent "stop motion warframe". The experience is like playing the game with a strobe light on, while your friends call you crazy because some people are apparently completely unaffected. This bug renders your game unplayable and personally have been holding off on any purchases in your game as a result. Please fix it soon before nekros accessories goes away, because I would like to purchase it but not if the game is in shambles. That'd be a big waste of boosters. We all love Warframe!!! so please fix this new issue that renders one of the greatest coop experiences into a horrid steaming heap. If I can help in any way by providing information gathered about this bug feel free to contact me. Thanks for taking care of us.

Edited by (XB1)Astyanaxe
want to help resoive the problem

Hi again,

Would anyone be willing to perform a quick test for us? We would like to know if lowering the resolution on your Xbox One system has any impact on these freezes. Please keep in mind that this is by no means meant to be a permanent solution and we have no intention of lowering the resolution for Warframe on the Xbox One. We would just like to rule this out as a potential culprit.

To do this:

1. Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select All Settings.
  4. Select Display & sound, and then select Video output.
  5. Under Display, change your TV resolution to 720p.

Also,

Would anyone happen to know the refresh rate of the television / monitor that you are using with your Xbox One? Could you please let us know the refresh rate that you are currently using? (e.g. 60 Hz, 120 Hz, etc.)

Additionally, could you possibly try changing the settings on your television to either raise or lower this refresh rate? Many televisions provide some sort of "Gaming" preset setting that could prove beneficial to solving this issue. 

We understand that these may seem like strange requests however the answers provided in this thread will continue to help us put an end to these freezes. Any additional information that you could provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone. 

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

I lowered to the 720p and so far i've had no issues for a few matches whereas before it was every match, but i'll keep ya posted.
I tried to find out my TV's Refresh rate, but the only Hz i could find was 50Hz so yeah =S
I also do have my tv on a "Game" picture setting.

Hi!

To add what I can to this very annoying matter:

For me, when it happens:

- it's a few mili-second freeze every time my warframe "breathe", so really frequent, but not long each time (but near un-playable in a game like Warframe)

- It never happens when my Xbox was just turned on (and completely shutdown), but can happen when it was in instant-on mode (when it happens, restarting the console seems enough, no need for a hard reset)

- It happens only in full screen: if I use the Xbox button to have the game windowed in the center of my dashboard, what I see inside does not have the issue (I use this when ending missions because otherwise, I can become stuck in my ship without being able to remove the end of mission screen)

Hope it helps

Yesterday I tried the 720p thing, altering the settings on Xbox.

I played about 2 Coba runs (horde 20) and just in the last 18th one I got the freezing.

Did not hard reset my Xbox. Then I realized that maybe I should do that.

Again, couple of runs later (3? dont remember), got the freezing.

Also, my display refresh rate is 60hz and I cant alter it.

47 minutes ago, (XB1)Englands Own said:

Yeah I've often been stuck at end the end of mission screen.I've been able to navigate the chat but not exit the screen.It seems to have become more apparent since the Silver Grove update.I'm at a loss what's causing the issues.

Strange, I dont remember ever getting this problem...

What I got yesterday was a freezing when trying to join a random session to do the new tactical alert.

Had to restart the game once.

If yours is like mine,do the Long Shadow alerts before anything else, normally I get 3 games fine then it starts, hard reset Xbox One and reset router and fingers crossed you'll be ok for another 3 missions.It's not ideal but it's the only temporary fix I've found.DE have got my email address and are trying to work out a solution with Microsoft to sort the issue.I noticed there was an hot fix yesterday, not sure what that was for though.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Englands Own said:

If yours is like mine,do the Long Shadow alerts before anything else, normally I get 3 games fine then it starts, hard reset Xbox One and reset router and fingers crossed you'll be ok for another 3 missions.It's not ideal but it's the only temporary fix I've found.DE have got my email address and are trying to work out a solution with Microsoft to sort the issue.I noticed there was an hot fix yesterday, not sure what that was for though.

Thanks I'll try it out I hope they figure out the issue soon 

On 13/10/2016 at 11:30 AM, (XB1)Englands Own said:

I find the only temporary fix is to hard reset Xbox One and router then log back in.It fixes it for a few games before normal service resumed of the stuttering Frame rate.

That's a lenghty process for 3 games =/
I just go to Xbox home for 3 seconds and then back into the game, rarely does that not work, and if so i just do it again and everything is fine. albeit not for 3 games but it's a good fix if you're doing a endless game. 

If that don't work for you, try going to xbox home and opening your side bar or swapping tabs. Because as you can see the game runs fine while minimised, it's only when in full screen and you're in control that lag can occur

6 hours ago, (XB1)Leskus said:

That's aitlenghty process for 3 gamestn=is
I just go to Xbox home for 3 seconds and then back into the game, rarely does that not work, and if so i just do it again and everything is fine. albeit not for 3 games but it's a good fix if you're doing a endless game. 

If that don't work for you, try going to xbox home and opening your side bar or swapping tabs. Because as you can see the game runs fine while minimised, it's only when in full screen and you're in control that lag can occur

For whatever reason the min/maximising doesn't seem to work for me.I managed 6 missions yesterday before It started the freezing,which Is more than usual for me.Re deleting large games I've tried both my Internal hdd and I have a 4tb  extetnal and the results are the same.So I really don't know what the solution Is.

Having this issue with 2 mates all live locally. Play all day solo with no issue but as soon as we team up the intermittent pausing starts for one of us. A hard restart of box will clear the issue for a while doing this  holding power down for 10 seconds.

The pausing will also continue while walking around the ship but for me if I leave the squad while in the ship the pausing stops immediately allowing me to play solo again with no issues. I moved my xbox to a static ip in the routers DMZ.  Just to be sure but the problem continues. 

Playing in 1080p. 60hz  External 500g HDD 60% in use. Kinect plugged in but turned off. Cortana on. Using an elite controller. Sky bb connected at 80mb down 20meg up.  ping is 13ms.  FTTC Connection 

.Box is Hard wired and in the Dmz. 1st generation x bone.

Also taking part in the xbox one preview program, is anyone else having the issue taking part in this program? 

Same issue here, and two of my friends also have it.  Never had an issue prior to the last major update, but ever since it has been unplayable at times.  No issues on any other game, just this one.  For me it only happens when is public play and in a group and it does not matter what is going on in game or where I am at so long as in a group.   Chaotic battle or just standing idle in ship, still freezes up.

Edited by (XB1)Church367A

Not sure if works for everyone but me and my mate welshvlad tried this on Xbox one.....

On warframe turn off the 

Enable voice, and 

Auto gain control

Under audio settings when u go to options in start menu.

*edit* press Y to save changes.

We thought it was a conflict with the chat on game and party chat on box. So after trying different things that seems to be working.

*edit*  turning the warframe audio settings off will stop u being able to use the in game audio chat. We did this as we prefer the Xbox party chat and we had to choose one.

**edit** this worked for nearly two hours before having to have a break.

Edited by (XB1)GURKY BOY
To highlight it's one audio chat that should be used.