Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grenades!

_Vortus_

2 hours ago, Luther848 said:

The difference between Ogris and Angstrum is that they are functionally different weapons.Ogris fires one large Rocket while the Angstrum fires multiple smaller rockets. We machine guns and pistols because there's only so much that you can do with a hitscan weapon and there are differences between the two. Machine pistols typically fire faster and reload faster but do less damage while machine guns fire slower but with more damage. There are outliers of course but that's the typical path that they follow. Sonicor Rounds bounce when they hit surfaces although it is hard to notice with it's fast projectile speed and short range.

You are proving my point.   Which is why I want hand grenades.  

On 23/09/2016 at 3:15 PM, _Vortus_ said:

We already have machine guns so why have machine pistols?   Have the Ogris so why did they bother with the Angstrum?      Because of variety.   We don't need any of them.   Its because some of us find something interesting.   We do not have a secondary that bounces like a Tonkor does.    I could play tonkor, but then how am I going to play my ignis and bounce a grenade around a corner?    Damage wise, I answered below in the other answer.   Not looking for world killers.   Just some decent grenades that make a nice boom.

If you have money, fighter jets are available and jet fuel is available at most decent sized airports.  As long as you do not arm it, its just a plane anyway, so again, decent sized airports will allow them.   Pretty sure I have explained mechanics wise its already in game.    Be it using the enemy grenade throwing mechanic, or a hybrid of the castanas/pox with the bouncing of the Tonkor.    Ammo, mounting would be like any other side arm, likely low ammo cap.  Probably make the reload a little slower than other thrown weapons.   Damage wise, as a baseline I would start with half of what a Tonkor does and adjust from there.

So basically a weapon you can mod. Which is exactly what DE will not do, and why you will will never get grenades in the form that you want.

The closest we will ever get is thrown secondaries. So sure, "here is nades", DE will say, and they will totally suck, and will be useless, but hey, it will sure shut people up that wanted nades, and that is all that matters.

When you look at the game the basis for grenades is already in place, the tonkor fires bouncing grenades on timers, the penta too. There is even sticky grenades when you add the adhesive blast mod. Take these mechanics and mix them with the Pox throwing weapon and boom, you have a grenade. I don't see why this couldn't be a thing and DE are fond of doing things they said they'd never do with regards to gameplay. Never say never was a phrase thrown about in recent devstreams. 

Multiple grenade types might be a little op if they were implemented into a single weapon but the option is there given the use of the stradevars change mode mechanic. Personally i'd like emp grenades that turn off all security devices in an area for a time but that'd be op too

12 hours ago, DSpite said:

So basically a weapon you can mod. Which is exactly what DE will not do, and why you will will never get grenades in the form that you want.

The closest we will ever get is thrown secondaries. So sure, "here is nades", DE will say, and they will totally suck, and will be useless, but hey, it will sure shut people up that wanted nades, and that is all that matters.

Explain this a little better.   You can mod every weapon in the game already......    If meaning a secondary version of Vaubans power, no, not what I am talking about..  Not a switching  type that does them all.  Just want simple types.   A frag grenade that does slash.   A high explosive that does blast.   A white phosphorus that does heat.   Grenades along those lines.   Want frag, gotta carry frag.  What HE, carry HE.   Just like the Glaive and Cerata, both similar but totally different types.  What you go into a mission with is what you get, no swapping around types in mission. 

Weapons do not have to be great to be fun.   Also, no idea why you are getting personal and making statements about shutting people up either.    If you do not want them, do not use them.   If you don't like others using them in a mission you are in for whatever reason either ask them to stop, or leave and join another.    I see a Mirage with a Synoid in any mission, or a Ember P in a low level mission I will generally bail and join another.   Don't want to ruin their fun and I don't want them to mess up mine.  

rather than grenades that do damage i would like grenades that do CC and grenades should be put as MR 20 so its something i can consider worth getting my MR high?

also yes as a saw a quote Our enemies have them we dont.

Seeing DEs past and present every enemy weapon we have has some type of that made for the tenno.

I do not see why Dravo cant sell us the Corpus Grenade BP. makes sense?

Grenades in general are boring this is ninja space game guys be creative .

Damage? Obsolete

grenades that can let you CC or do things beyong grenades in reality is what we need.