The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Augment

EinheriarJudith

please bring an augment to move the wave to charge attack with an increase to the wave damage. as it stands now i wont even touch excalibur just because of his ult. i want to have the option to not have that spammable exalted. i was in a mission as nezha with ripkas and felt so bad for the excal spamming waves because its completely absurd for a Melee power to be like a rifle. this will allow people who like the blades to keep them and the rest of us who dont to move them to less spammy place.

Remember when wave damage didn't fall off over distance and could pierce an infinite number of enemies without losing power?

Yeaaaaaaaaah.  Also, why would anyone use this Augment?  Not unless it also carried a % damage buff to the melee attack, anyway.

16 minutes ago, Sintag said:

Remember when wave damage didn't fall off over distance and could pierce an infinite number of enemies without losing power?

Yeaaaaaaaaah.  Also, why would anyone use this Augment?  Not unless it also carried a % damage buff to the melee attack, anyway.

to make EB less spammy for one and excal doesnt need a damage buff to his melee like at all. this is a simple QoL request it affects absolutely no one there is no reason to be against options. if you wont use it there is no need to reply anyway because it has no effect on you. augments are a way to mutate warframe powers. 

Edited by EinheriarJudith

38 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

to make EB less spammy for one and excal doesnt need a damage buff to his melee like at all. this is a simple QoL request it affects absolutely no one there is no reason to be against options. if you wont use it there is no need to reply anyway because it has no effect on you. augments are a way to mutate warframe powers. 

It affects no one because no one will use it.

Also didn't know Exalted lacked a Charge.  That's interesting I suppose.  But seriously, WHO WOULD USE THIS?  Fact is, here's an augment for Exalted Blade based off my last post, one that isn't a wasted slot and simply removes a function for what seems like no upside.

Brute Force:  Exalted Blade no longer fires waves, but now deals (Three ranks) 200%/300%/400% more damage per slash and gains 10%/20%/30% more reach, scaling off the original weapon's length and not that of Uberskana.

Edited by Sintag
Decided to have an actual name for my Augmentation.

42 minutes ago, Sintag said:

It affects no one because no one will use it.

Also didn't know Exalted lacked a Charge.  That's interesting I suppose.  But seriously, WHO WOULD USE THIS?  Fact is, here's an augment for Exalted Blade based off my last post, one that isn't a wasted slot and simply removes a function for what seems like no upside.

Brute Force:  Exalted Blade no longer fires waves, but now deals (Three ranks) 200%/300%/400% more damage per slash and gains 10%/20%/30% more reach, scaling off the original weapon's length and not that of Uberskana.

i could honestly get behind that. my whole reason for the post is to move the waves to something else or remove them. if my idea is no good there are other ideas to fit but options none the less no one can argue with. 100/150/200% is acceptable 400% is way over the top. people argue that he needs the waves but that is just something hiding the greatest issue that has plagued warframe for too long in my opinion and thats enemy scaling.

5 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

100/150/200% is acceptable 400% is way over the top

It's not even close to being over the top.. Losing waves already means losing half of your up-close damage, without even counting AoE. It also means losing half of your status procs, which will essentially make EBlade no longer status viable. And even then, EBlade had stopped being a top dps melee long time ago.

8 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

please bring an augment to move the wave to charge attack with an increase to the wave damage

This already exist for a charged attack, but it is stagnant. Usually the charged attack shows up without even doing it.

8 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

as it stands now i wont even touch excalibur just because of his ult.

Do you want a DE chocolate?

7 hours ago, Sintag said:

Also didn't know Exalted lacked a Charge.

It actually does. The blade is reversed handed when charged animation is played.

18 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

i could honestly get behind that. my whole reason for the post is to move the waves to something else or remove them. if my idea is no good there are other ideas to fit but options none the less no one can argue with. 100/150/200% is acceptable 400% is way over the top. people argue that he needs the waves but that is just something hiding the greatest issue that has plagued warframe for too long in my opinion and thats enemy scaling.

You're getting rid of any ranged capabilities for EB outside Slash Dashing up to people, which is itself going to run some Energy that Excal needs for slashing things.  Damage needs to be buffed to crazy levels.  Maybe 200/250/300% instead, as yeah, in hindsight, 400% is TOO nuts, but there needs to be a crazy buff to compensate for the reduced safety Excal has while using this augment, since he can no longer pick off targets from behind others without killing the first guy, nor can he deal with snipers or distant units as well.

3 hours ago, Sintag said:

You're getting rid of any ranged capabilities for EB outside Slash Dashing up to people, which is itself going to run some Energy that Excal needs for slashing things.  Damage needs to be buffed to crazy levels.  Maybe 200/250/300% instead, as yeah, in hindsight, 400% is TOO nuts, but there needs to be a crazy buff to compensate for the reduced safety Excal has while using this augment, since he can no longer pick off targets from behind others without killing the first guy, nor can he deal with snipers or distant units as well.

eb never needed ranged capabilities in the first place. excal is quite terrifying. i used to play him just using radial blind, slash dash, and radial jav snipers were never an issue. if they can see you to shoot they can be blinded. excal's mobility is insane compared to other melee frames. any issues with survivability comes from the broken scaling. if they would just give him proper armor rating of that of a melee frame or you know.... fix scaling there wouldnt even be a survivability argument.

My suggestions:                                                                                                                                                                  

1. The augment is actually a stance mod that changes exalted blade fighting style first style to be either stong single hits where either the end of all, the combos or a combo, is a wave or each press is multiple quick strikes with the final hit being a slow casting strong wave hit (and this stance as an augment idea goes with all power melees 

2. Exalted blade is reworked to waves only happening when channelling but waves dont count for cost after first add hit and channelling cost affected only by power efficiency  (show channelling some love) and augment has exalted blade work in conjunction other powers to create a new effect, like radial javelin with exalted blade causes aoe knock down and damage even behind cover for all adds in an area, or my craziest idea of like tapping exalted blade instead of deactivating will cause a sick animation of  excal does a mini radial blind that set up excal to slash dash towards an add pinning/finisher move leaving a radial javelin in them that is a dot till it disappears and it copies routine of dash then javelin to rest of adds 

3. Dual exalted blade- quicker but each atk is a little bit less damage (Id be very happy with this)

4. Demon blade augment- basically this aug will make it so combo counter last a bit longer (like only 5-7 seconds) and waves get bigger with combo counter 

To explain my suggestions 

1. Stances be good way to go for all power melees like imagine 1 for wukong that would have the staff be 2x or 3x its current size for a single hit on certain combos

2. For the rework part making waves come only for channelling and work as i said would make channelling with exalted blade worth while adding a exalted tax of at least 1.25 power for the first add hit by each wave which would balance out the spammability of exalted blade while keeping waves in some form. And as i said melee channelling efficiency mods wouldnt count for exalted blade waves only power efficiency so the the base power used would be 2.5 power persecond plus 5 for the first add hit with each swing and with power efficiency of 175% exalted blade while channelling is like .65 power per second and 1.25 power for the first add hit with each swing being atleast 1.9 pps with hitting 1 add per second +1.25 for every extra swing per second and as for the power combo augment I feel it would make radial javelin useful with an exalted blade efficiency and without building for radial javelin second augment suggested there is like being the ultimate powers ultimate technique taking inspiration from samurai animes   

3. I dont see it being too much of an overhaul and who hasnt thought of it 

4. This is taken from the demon blades growing stronger from killing and since exalted blade combo counter needs direct close hits it makes a reason to somewhat ignore using waves to get in close and the added combo counter to give a little time to get in close but not enough so you wouldnt not use the waves at all if i would put this in a scenario where this would work best take bosses like vor or alad v as the lvl 100 sortie (even though its easy enough) you build up a 2x combo counter so the wave is 2x as big twice as strong and you use the actual wave to clear the adds which takes less swings and with a split second of combo counter being the difference of it continuing or it resets  with a 8 second combo counter being long enough to maybe cross a room and make direct contact before reset

Edited by (PS4)nec914