Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you use Mesa for? What can Mesa do better than any other Warframe?

NativeKiller

Question

I am asking this question since I wanted to know if Mesa would be able to offer me something new.

I am realized that I would have to apply 11 formas(the grind...) and spend 82000 endo/4 million credits to get my desired Mesa build.

So I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask my fellow Tenno before making a decision.

Thanks in advance. :)

Edited by NativeKiller

1 minute ago, Quanlain said:

Mesa is pretty well-balanced warframe, and in a better way tbh. 
She can be tanky, CC, and DD.
Honestly, i think that she is perfect at Interception/ defence missions, where you need to kill a lot of enemies for a short period of time. 
WAy more powerfull than Ash, but way more difficult to get.
Her ulti just allows you to obliterate the whole screen with right build.

Thank you!

This is the kind of answer that I wanted, unlike the answers of some people that are trying to tell me very obvious things in what seems like nearly condescending manners.

2 minutes ago, TheGoodDarius said:

What I meant is that it jumps between players regardless of the distance in the middle. 

to my knowledge, not quite.  Range definitely affects that  part of it, otherwise I wouldn't be having mine staying on me almost all the time with 52% range .-.

20 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

Mesa is probably the strongest Warframe right now (she can do a little bit of everything except for healing allies, and even that if you use Sancti Magistar), only her 1st ability sucks balls, but the rest are so good that you can forgive that.

Yeah, 2 is a damage buff, 3 gives her a 95%  protection against ranged attacks and C.C if augmented, and 4 activates an aim-bot massacre mode.

I can see why she is viable, thank you! :)

Edited by NativeKiller

1 hour ago, Firefly0037 said:

to my knowledge, not quite.  Range definitely affects that  part of it, otherwise I wouldn't be having mine staying on me almost all the time with 52% range .-.

No, the way Shooting Gallery works is that the effects stays on Mesa for the whole duration of the ability and then it picks another player and stay with them for 1/3, then it jumps to another player and so on. The range affects only the radius in which the enemy are stunned around the player

9 minutes ago, TheGoodDarius said:

No, the way Shooting Gallery works is that the effects stays on Mesa for the whole duration of the ability and then it picks another player and stay with them for 1/3, then it jumps to another player and so on. The range affects only the radius in which the enemy are stunned around the player

Primarily the main stays on the player, a secondary shooting gallery gives to random allies.

2 hours ago, NativeKiller said:

Yeah, 2 is a damage buff, 3 gives her a 95%  protection against ranged attacks and C.C if augmented, and 4 activates an aim-bot massacre mode.

I can see why she is viable, thank you! :)

The 2nd ability also stuns enemies in a small range, pretty useful IMO. Also there's a good augment called Staggering Shield for her 3rd ability, it reduces enemy DPS by a lot (especially Corpus Techs and Grineer Heavy Gunners)

2 hours ago, Firefly0037 said:

From wiki:

One will stay on Mesa for the full duration of the ability, while another will periodically transfer between all allied players within an unrestricted range, temporarily providing the affected player with all benefits of the ability.

44 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

The 2nd ability also stuns enemies in a small range, pretty useful IMO. Also there's a good augment called Staggering Shield for her 3rd ability, it reduces enemy DPS by a lot (especially Corpus Techs and Grineer Heavy Gunners)

That augment only staggers them and has nothing to do with enemy DPS.

To be correct, her 3rd ability deflect projectiles and the augment has a 50% to stagger them, that's all.

Edited by (PS4)Deception_Pharo

12 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

Which stops the spooled up weapons, which reduces their DPS greatly, not that hard to understand.

I was discoursing about flying enemies, genius not ground units, as it has no effect on flying enemies. "Not that hard to understand"

Also I was referring to her 2nd ability having no effect on flying units.

From wiki:

• For some reason, has no effect on flying enemies - Ospreys, Orokin Drones, etc.
Edited by (PS4)Deception_Pharo

5 hours ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

I was discoursing about flying enemies, genius not ground units, as it has no effect on flying enemies. "Not that hard to understand"

Also I was referring to her 2nd ability having no effect on flying units.

From wiki:

• For some reason, has no effect on flying enemies - Ospreys, Orokin Drones, etc.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

That augment only staggers them and has nothing to do with enemy DPS.

To be correct, her 3rd ability deflect projectiles and the augment has a 50% to stagger them, that's all.

You are not making any sense now, care to read my original comment again? I don't even know what you wan from me as I never said anything about flying units

10 hours ago, Firefly0037 said:

I even saw a valkyr with a CC setup.

it's certainly very unconventional - and i do it myself too. Prolonged Paralysis is very entertaining on Infested Excavation IMO. tuned with unconventional Damage Types on my Melee to deal more Damage than the usual choices, i stop almost all Enemies from Damaging the Objectives, and nuking them all with one or two Melee hits.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

Primarily the main stays on the player, a secondary shooting gallery gives to random allies.

the shared version goes in order of Players, FYI. so it will first go to Player 2, then 3, then 4.

7 hours ago, Praxxor said:

Which stops the spooled up weapons, which reduces their DPS greatly, not that hard to understand.

Except that Mesa's Shooting Gallery with decent range does that as well, and more often.  Granted it won't effect those at the extreme ranges, but I've never seen reflections off of Shatter Shield hit them that far out anyway.  It mainly reflects to closer enemies.

1 hour ago, Jesterof_Chaos said:

Except that Mesa's Shooting Gallery with decent range does that as well, and more often.  Granted it won't effect those at the extreme ranges, but I've never seen reflections off of Shatter Shield hit them that far out anyway.  It mainly reflects to closer enemies.

There's this magical technique called "why not both", I've been using it for months now and it's considerably more effective than using just Gallery with an unaugmented Shattershield

4 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

There's this magical technique called "why not both", I've been using it for months now and it's considerably more effective than using just Gallery with an unaugmented Shattershield

Well that's the joy of this game, mod it how you want it.  While I find it useless and rather slot something else there, you like it.  To each their own

57 minutes ago, Jesterof_Chaos said:

Well that's the joy of this game, mod it how you want it.  While I find it useless and rather slot something else there, you like it.  To each their own

Exactly, I'm not saying that it's something that everyone should use, it just fits my needs.

16 hours ago, Praxxor said:

You are not making any sense now, care to read my original comment again? I don't even know what you wan from me as I never said anything about flying units

23 hours ago, Praxxor said:

This was the original post, in which I acknowledged to. I was referring to air units incapable affected by her ability, thats all.

This was a correction from my end to you.