Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What does the Focus timer do?

kyori

Question

I have just install the lens in my warframe and now whenever I do a mission, a waypoint to a golden icon thing on the floor will appear and when I reached it, a timer will start. 

Does it mean that during the timer countdown, every enemy I killed will earn focus point? If so, then it is only during that period I am able to earn focus point?

Very confusing... I know the game is STILL in beta... but it is still very confusing lol

7 answers to this question

Focus gain can be further increased through the use of Convergence orbs, which are yellow, glowing orbs that periodically appear during a mission. When picked up, Convergence will greatly increase the amount of Focus converted from Affinity for a period of 45 seconds. Once the Convergence period expires, a summary of the amount of Focus points earned during the active period will be displayed on the player's screen.

It's called a Convergence Orb. You gain focus xp at all times but during the 45 seconds after you pick up a convergence orb you gain focus xp at a rate increased by 6x or so.

It's a piece of theoretically interesting but practically garbage design that they shoehorned into the game to balance having focus gains affected by team affinity sharing.