Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What to do?

JohnCarraway

Question

What I am supposed to do in game?

I got recently in this game (a month ago) and I enjoy it.

But the biggest problem I have "I don't know what to do" first and I end up farming relics then  doing fissures.

Everyone is telling me to do " the second dream quest " as fast as I can and I don't understand why.

I know the quest may be fun and interesting. But this game is almost all about collecting mods/frames/weapons.

And that's why I'm stuck at Saturn,because I know some frames and weapons will be vaulted and after that I will have to buy them or to play like a mad men when they get un-vaulted for a week or month.

How should I manage the things?

Thanks for reading my mess post :-D.

13 answers to this question

Farming relics is something you should do, for Second Dream, Do stolen dreams, then Natah, then do second dream (second dream is a cinematic quest with a gameplay feature that will unlock once you finish second dream)Once your done with that, ask other people for what to do

I would recommend you to keep unlocking the star chart and while you do that, try to get your hands on better weapons. If I were you, I wouldnt care that much for the primes that will be vaulted since objectively, while the primed versions are a bit better, its nothing game changing.

Hi there!

Honestly I too was stuck trying to figure out what to do at certain times but it mostly depends on what Your personal goals are in Warframe. Honestly I wouldn't worry too much about vaulted items since they only really offer Mastery Rank (Unless its a Prime you really want). Just play to have fun and peeps want you to do the Second Dream so you will be ready for TWW update that will be out soon.

Finish up the star chart. You'll build up relics up next to be vaulted along the way.

Do quests as you unlock them. Work toward getting a good primary/secondary and a frame to main for tough content so you can have a fall back while farming for all the other gear. If you get your hands on platinum get a few frame and weapon slots before going in on cosmetics. The forma bundle is also worth to cap out a weapon relatively quickly.

Due to fusion being reworked, Endo shouldn't be a problem after you work your way up. As for credits, good luck.

First off, you should try and complete the Star Map, through the completion of junktions you'll get access to new planets, but don't force yourself to get them, finish whatever planet you got available and chances are you'll unlock the Junctions without even trying to (Tho some of those ARE going to require you focus on them for unlocking, Like Neptune's, I believe)

Prime Frames are generally cooler looking, slightly stronger (On stats alone, like HP, Shields, Max Energy, Armor and Run Speed) but the strenght of their skills is equal to the ones of the normal frames. The only other advantages to them are the Mastery Rank (Which isn't REALLY important once you reach MR 8, or MR 13 if you want all weapons to be available.) and a Passive exclusive to them that pretty much works only in the Void (+250 Energy to all warframes in range the first time a Prime Frame touches a "Death Sphere")

They're cool to have, but don't stress yourself for them.

The Second Dream is important, and I wholeheartedly recommend you finish it, but it's not a must, You'll get there eventually, no need to rush it. I won't go into detail as to why you should finish it (because spoilers), but you'll get some nice stuff when you do, it's worth it.

If anything, you should join an active clan, really helps you get accostumed to stuff.

As other people said, take your time and do not rush! You will only get flustered and eventually burnt out from rushing!

All you need to think about is progressing through your starmap at your own comfortable pace. Complete quests as you unlock them and make the most of your journey by collecting mods, experimenting with weapons/frames and generally enjoying yourself. Don't listen to what others are telling you to do, just follow the games progression and do things as you discover them.

You need not worry about farming prime items from fissure missions because you will get to keep any vaulted relics you own and they will still contain the vaulted items. The only difference is that those relics will no longer drop in the future.

So if it's any consolation you don't need to be concerned with actually running fissure missions and you only really want to collect relics which you will be doing anyway by progressing through your starmap! Plus prime items don't get vaulted often and they always come around again.

Enjoy the journey and don't get hung up on destination because that's how it becomes frustating and grindy. Make the most of your progression and don't let others dictate how you should be playing or what you should be doing.

We all enjoy the game differently, do what makes you happy because there's nothing to worry about.

Edited by PeachyPurpleNova