Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Offline solo play?

Zero_code_name_Reaper

So i had got faster internet however i now have connection issues with the internet i currently have.
Because of this i haven't been able to play Warframe and haven't played since 1/2/2016 sadly.

There is multiplayer which does require internet but there is also Solo play which apparently needs the internet to play as well which i was wondering if there would be any possibility of a change to that so you can still play the game with no internet with the exception of getting updates or Offline mode if you are just going to be playing solo or however that all works.

I really do enjoy this game and is pretty much the only FPS type game though third person shooter game to be more accurate that i like playing.

I do hope that the devs will take this into consideration.

Been having space ninja withdrawals for months now and it's been driving me nuts. 

Too the community, feel free to share your thoughts on having a offline mode.
Though please refrain from saying get new internet as it defeats the purpose of asking about the possibility of a Offline Mode meaning don't need internet in order to play solo.

The number of frames, weapons, companions you have unlocked, the number of things you have killed, even the tint of your frames (on every A, B, C loadout) is all stored with DE. Change your favourite Warframe's colour to green, and that change gets sent to DE.

Basically, Your entire profile is stored with DE. 

There are many reasons to do this, but the obvious one is that it deters cheaters. If you are storing that data locally, you can hack (or tweak) that information and cheat your way to having infinite credits/platinum/resources/etc.

I agree completely with this. It frustrates me to no limit when I can't log-in or play Warframe when my Internet decides to flunk. I know, many people will bring up the argument "Warframe is a online PvE multiplayer game, and it was never meant to be played offline" or "It goes against/defeats the sole purpose of this game, etc etc...". Please, most online PvE (aswell as PvP) games have an offline mode, and Warframe is no different. I love this game, and not being able to play it because I don't have superfast, or super consistent Internet is not an excuse to not have offline play/singleplayer.

My Ideas to address this would be (also, this would require removal of the startup login, and addition of a temporary localised save system on our own PC):

Diversify the simulacrum to spawn all the enemies, and also full tilesets and enemy factions as a whole. This might require us to scan and complete the cephalon fragments of a given planet, or make fragments for the individual tilesets. The catch: we won't get exp or any drops from the enemies, neither will we unlock achievements. Kinda like the offline play in most other games. We will only get to test out build (and our mettle).

Another suggestion would be to make all the quests replayable, and pack them all into a campaign mode, which is playable offline as well as online. 

Edit: As for the "cheating" or "hacking" arguments, being offline doesnt really affect other players, so I doubt it is that much of an issue. Especially more so since this is a PvE game.  As for the inventory syncing - using the temporary savefile to store our offline inventory, while our main inventory is stored at the DE servers. And for the platinum purchases - make platinum an "online only" commodity, which prevents it's abuse and exploitation.

Basically, what I am suggesting is make offline play an "Anonymous" gameplay, where, instead of using our actual profiles, we use a dummy profile with some default attributes, basically for offline usage.

Edited by JudasMaiden

23 minutes ago, JudasMaiden said:

I agree completely with this. It frustrates me to no limit when I can't log-in or play Warframe when my Internet decides to flunk. I know, many people will bring up the argument "Warframe is a online PvE multiplayer game, and it was never meant to be played offline" or "It goes against/defeats the sole purpose of this game, etc etc...". Please, most online PvE (aswell as PvP) games have an offline mode, and Warframe is no different. I love this game, and not being able to play it because I don't have superfast, or super consistent Internet is not an excuse to not have offline play/singleplayer.

My Ideas to address this would be (also, this would require removal of the startup login, and addition of a temporary localised save system on our own PC):

Diversify the simulacrum to spawn all the enemies, and also full tilesets and enemy factions as a whole. This might require us to scan and complete the cephalon fragments of a given planet, or make fragments for the individual tilesets. The catch: we won't get exp or any drops from the enemies, neither will we unlock achievements. Kinda like the offline play in most other games. We will only get to test out build (and our mettle).

Another suggestion would be to make all the quests replayable, and pack them all into a campaign mode, which is playable offline as well as online. 

Edit: As for the "cheating" or "hacking" arguments, being offline doesnt really affect other players, so I doubt it is that much of an issue. Especially more so since this is a PvE game.  As for the inventory syncing - using the temporary savefile to store our offline inventory, while our main inventory is stored at the DE servers. And for the platinum purchases - make platinum an "online only" commodity, which prevents it's abuse and exploitation.

Basically, what I am suggesting is make offline play an "Anonymous" gameplay, where, instead of using our actual profiles, we use a dummy profile with some default attributes, basically for offline usage.

That would be interesting, and honestly having the campaign to play again would be nice as an offline mode. Maybe during offline mode, the changes can be saved locally, but once you connect back online all of that is wiped and whatever was your last change in the DE servers will overwrite the offline changes? That way it could prevent exploitation. And that includes whatever items/exp/etc you gained, so basically if you want to play offline you'll have to play offline forever unless you're willing to take the rollback of your items/etc to play online again. 

Never considered hackers or cheating when i made the topic didn't even think of it. 
Didn't even know you could do that with this game.
Course if there's a will then theres a way.

But as i said i wasn't sure how all that worked.

Though i can say i am not a hacker nor would i know how however in the instance of cheating as i am sure most do it some more than others at one point or another though i only do that mainly on single player based games GTA IV for example by using mods for it however in the instance of multiplayer based games no i don't cheat, i keep it clean and fair and don't even go looking for mods for use on multiplayer games as i would like to play and have fun with others and avoid getting banned for something i know is wrong and mostly frowned upon.

28 minutes ago, JudasMaiden said:

How would i do that? 
Though i don't entirely understand what you mean by "pack them all into a campaign mode"

6 minutes ago, kuliise said:

That would be interesting, and honestly having the campaign to play again would be nice as an offline mode. Maybe during offline mode, the changes can be saved locally, but once you connect back online all of that is wiped and whatever was your last change in the DE servers will overwrite the offline changes? That way it could prevent exploitation. And that includes whatever items/exp/etc you gained, so basically if you want to play offline you'll have to play offline forever unless you're willing to take the rollback of your items/etc to play online again. 

I'd be alright with that.

18 minutes ago, Zero_code_name_Reaper said:

How would i do that? 
Though i don't entirely understand what you mean by "pack them all into a campaign mode"

As of now, you can't because quests are not replayable yet, but the devs might eventually get to it, and it has also been hinted at a couple of times.

And it means exactly what it sounds like: make a separate campaign storymode which includes all the quests.

2 hours ago, JudasMaiden said:

As of now, you can't because quests are not replayable yet, but the devs might eventually get to it, and it has also been hinted at a couple of times.

And it means exactly what it sounds like: make a separate campaign storymode which includes all the quests.

So in other words if i wanted to do survival on Mercury?" First planet". I could do that?