Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Booster

Keetsune

Hello. I have a suggestion about improvement of base stats for weapons with Forma or new item called "Orokin Booster"(in example).

Lets take "Lex" as example, it have following stats:

Base Damage 70.0

Base Firing Rate 1.1

Accuracy 16.0

Base Clip Size 6

Base Ammo Size 210

Base Reload Speed 2.35s

Base Critical Chance 15%

Base Critical Damage 150%

Each uses of forma on this weapon should increase:

- base weapon damage by 4%(depend on gear rank requirement).

- base firing rate by 0.09s(depend on gear rank requirement).

- accuracy by 0,4(depend on gear rank requirement).

- base clip size by 4%(depend on gear rank requirement).

- base ammo by 4%(depend on gear rank requirement).

- base reload speed by 0,05((depend on gear rank requirement).

- base crit chance by 1(depend on gear rank requirement).

- base crit damage by 5(depend on gear rank requirement).

So at 10 times formaed Lex we will have:

Base Damage:             70*1.04^10=103(rounded down)

Base Firing Rate:      1.1+0,9*10=2

Accuracy:                     16-0.4*10=12

Base Clip Size:            6*1.04^10=9(rouned up)

Base Ammo Size:       210*1.04^10=311(rounded up)

Base Reload Speed:   2,35-0,05*10=1,85

Base Crit Chance:       15+1*10=25

Base Crit Damage:      150+5*10=200

This is not the end. Each 5 levels all weapons/warframes should get somthing unique(atleast at 10 lvl) for it in example for Lex:

5 times formaed:     recoil removed

10 times formaed:   ignore armor or explosion bullets or what every you think fit well.

Rank requirment of gear also should be take in count.

Ty for reading my broken english ;D

Edited by Keetsune

I really like the idea.

To me it allows you to use a weapon you like functionally/aestetically but may be gimped statistically. We have a lot of weapons now. Some are just awful to look at but very functional/effective and vice versa. Allowing people to make a weapon perform better can't be a bad thing? granted the content doesn't require better equipment right now....

It would also encourage more forma'ing (indefinitely, actually) and hopefully increase plat sales/void runs.

Exactly like that. This game IS easy enough when you have gear like that. You really don't need much more unless, say, you need to fight a level 9000 jackal.

It's not about that. It's about increasing my & other players playtime.

Edited by Keetsune

Exactly like that. This game IS easy enough when you have gear like that. You really don't need much more unless, say, you need to fight a level 9000 jackal.

It gives people another purpose and incentive to obtain Forma. Also as i said some of the ugliest weapons are the most effective, this closes that gap some.

People with ridiculous mods and clan research gear are already whining about the game being too easy.

Well, ridiculous mods and gear _are_ the reason the game seems so easy to you people.

Apparently, you forget that it ain't so easy when you don't have maxed out crap in all of your gear.

If we got what the OP is asking for, then we'd have people wanting even harder crap that the REST of the players simply can't handle, they'd be whining for DE to make mobs harder... .and those of us who don't have all that maxed out crap wouldn't be able to handle any of this stuff.

Uh, no thanks.

Mods already make you ridiculous enough.

Personally I think two things...

1= Your warframe gets better stats as you level from 0 to 30, it gains health, shields, and max energy. Your guns should also get small stat increases as it levels to 30.

2= Giving forma more use is fine, but maybe it should become less effective the more you use it. Instead of giving yourself a mod polarity I could see the desire to increase a single stat by a small percentage that gets smaller the more you use it on that one stat. [minimum of +1 in the case of damage though since the game doesnt handle percentages for damage as far as Im aware.]

Edited by unmog

I agree with OP...but I also kind of sway to the other side because the game can get really easy...I suppose if you forma a weapon that high you want everything to be easy... the other dude that said it should get less effective as you use it had a good idea. Still glad this is still coming up as Forma doesn't quite do it for me yet but I'm not sure quite how to make it right. Only way is discussion right?

I like your idea... but then... this game is already easy enough with what we got.

problem is before the boost dmg our guns different way game has to be harder. right now this idea is not really needed until we get over 50 lv def missions sth like that.

Edited by Sir.R.Tea

It's not about that. It's about increasing my & other players playtime.

I hope devs will come with better ideas than the power creep, because such a trend will always come to an end and there will always be players that surpass it.

So, to extend playtime, devs should add goals not tied to weapons/frame. Something more akin to story or bounty (a bit like the alert, but in several steps). Some grand scheme to do, like the galaxy to defend in Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer. For instance they could add some surges in a planet and if noone help kill 100 000 of the enemies then there would be some strong raise in the difficulty. you could even be locked from some of your mods while the "domination" of a faction apply.

Imagine : While corpus control earth, you can't use redirection mods for missions on that planet. And if in a week you don't get rid of them the missions would become more and more harder, and the world could explode and... and... well. That may go too far, but I hope you understood the idea.

We have weapons that hunger for meaningful kills.