Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Language And Sounds

Ergo_Voyager

Please read before replying "ninjas dont talk" please. I was thinking Tenno could have a way of communicating with each other. not by words. I was thinking maybe melodic sounds like the way people communicate in the game "Journey". Also, I think that haing it too often could ruin gameplay since it would get annoying after the first 2 minutes. I think that it should only appear when reviving,getting downed (the only thing that tells you your friend is dying is a tiny message), and when lotus communicates with the team. I thought on melodic sounds because I really like thinking of Tenno not as brute ninjas and assassins, but rather a once beautiful culture.

Hmm.. i like it this way :( Tenno don't really suit.. " WE ARE SOLIDERS, WE FIGHT, WE JUMP IN THE MIDDLE OF  ENEMY BASE AND START.. SHOOTIN' " We are .. some stealthy beings, too bad there isn't any significat stealth content in there -.-

Well... we can say that all  the messages that spam all over the time and the chat are a display from ur helmet... so when u say something ur voice wont go out of ur helm, and if u have something to say to your team8 it turns into text and then shown in theyr helm display, sometimes when cool games put the wrong voice or any voice into the main characters they ruin all the game play... maybe its ok by this silence way

Thanks for the replies guys. I agree with you. Wrong voice acting can destroy a game. Maybe I want to hear the Tenno because I think that the Warframe universe could be so big and complex...... I just hope i can at least read official lore

We speak to our team literally, as players through voice and text chat. 

We also have a button to identify objects on the ground. 

We are elite troops and don't have any need to speak, if anything we're psychically linked and just "know". 

Honestly voice acting for the Tenno would really destroy the feel of the game, that also goes for any noises the Tenno could make.

Hand gesture's could work aswell, tenno shows hand signs which are displayed as text for others.

But i still would like to have some form of emotion from tenno, even with all the upgrades/training they are still human. Waking up from millenia old cryosleep with amnesia is not exactly comforting thought.

Well... we can say that all  the messages that spam all over the time and the chat are a display from ur helmet... so when u say something ur voice wont go out of ur helm, and if u have something to say to your team8 it turns into text and then shown in theyr helm display, sometimes when cool games put the wrong voice or any voice into the main characters they ruin all the game play... maybe its ok by this silence way

wut i didnt g3t a word of that mebbe try l2type next time

On the other hand, elite Grineer Troops (Bombard and Napalm) don't seem to talk either, at least I never heard them shouting "I think we got 'em surrounded!" or anything like it.

Never noticed my Infested Ancients making any other sound than their "woosh" too.

Also Fusion MOAs don't seem to scream around like the normal MOA does.

But who cares about all the elite enemy troops .. I like Corpus Levels most because of the "Who's the Robot?!" (at least that's what I understand) from all the Crewmen.

On the other hand, elite Grineer Troops (Bombard and Napalm) don't seem to talk either, at least I never heard them shouting "I think we got 'em surrounded!" or anything like it.

Never noticed my Infested Ancients making any other sound than their "woosh" too.

Also Fusion MOAs don't seem to scream around like the normal MOA does.

But who cares about all the elite enemy troops .. I like Corpus Levels most because of the "Who's the Robot?!" (at least that's what I understand) from all the Crewmen.

Don't forget my favorite Grineer quote: "Stay close to my balls"