Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to Rekindle Interest?

RenownedWheat42

Question

Please note, before I go into anything else: This is not a "warframe is dead/dying" thread or anything of the sort. Legitimately looking for some answers here.

I'd burned myself out on the game around the release of syndicate melees, and since then I've hopped back on maybe three times, and actually played one of those three times. The Ayatan sculptures just weren't doing it for me - having the sculptures and stars drop everywhere is nice, but it feels just like everything else I'd burned out on. I haven't completed EVERYTHING, seeing as I still have roughly half of Sedna to complete, but aside from that I feel like I've done most things the game has to offer.

What do people do to rekindle their interest? I see plenty of people have been playing for far longer than I have, and some of these people are on eeevery day. Given that Warframe is a game I love, I'd like to get back into it, but as of now I don't even log back in for the daily rewards. Whatever people do that keeps them around, please let me know so I can give some of it a try. Maybe y'all do stuff I don't.

Thanks.

10 answers to this question

have you finished the second dream? if so

Spoiler

try maxing the focus schools you havent touched, it last a LONG time

if not, try some unique weapons, i love the dual toxycst, the stradavar, get the miter if you dont have it, pick up the lesion  do the lovely crafting process that is the akjakara

try getting new players into the game, pick up your least favorite frame and find a build you like.

13 minutes ago, RenownedWheat42 said:

Please note, before I go into anything else: This is not a "warframe is dead/dying" thread or anything of the sort. Legitimately looking for some answers here.

I'd burned myself out on the game around the release of syndicate melees, and since then I've hopped back on maybe three times, and actually played one of those three times. The Ayatan sculptures just weren't doing it for me - having the sculptures and stars drop everywhere is nice, but it feels just like everything else I'd burned out on. I haven't completed EVERYTHING, seeing as I still have roughly half of Sedna to complete, but aside from that I feel like I've done most things the game has to offer.

What do people do to rekindle their interest? I see plenty of people have been playing for far longer than I have, and some of these people are on eeevery day. Given that Warframe is a game I love, I'd like to get back into it, but as of now I don't even log back in for the daily rewards. Whatever people do that keeps them around, please let me know so I can give some of it a try. Maybe y'all do stuff I don't.

Thanks.

To keep my interest above "Damn, this is boring...", I pick through the Market for weapons I haven't maxed out yet, buy the blueprints, then (if I have the materials/credits) I set 'em to cook. Once they're done (Usually the next day, given they take 12-24 hours to cook properly), I equip them and give 'em the ol' 0-30 Test Drive. If I like it, I keep it... if not, it's more Mastery. Between runs of that, I farm Unda solo (still needing a Volcanic Edge mod), look around for Law of Retribution raids, and run sorties... if my Warframe Quota for the day caps out, I go play other games, or read stuff online... or watch Let's Plays on Youtube.

For a bit of flavoring, I solo Tenshub and crack as many lockers and containers as I can, looking for Stars and Statues. Got... 6 of them completed and laying around the Nav Map... or glued to the ceiling.

On a side-note, I've gotten stealth runs of Unda down to an art... Managed the five most-recent runs without running out of energy or triggering alarms (either data vault or map-wide.)

Edited by NinjaKitsune56

As of now I have 1730h in missions. I just like to play with various weapons, try new things, help friends acomplish their goals, play fasshion frame a lot ;)

Currently since ayatan I just run around and explore the tile sets thruoutly. Using an ignis and a carrier with animal instinct (sculptures and stars will not be sucked in so will be displayed on the map. The ignis can destroy a lot of crates thru walls at once)

If you have more questions just reply I will see how/if I can help ^^

I burned out around the same time. Started up Fallout 4 instead, been binge-gaming that since. Starting to burn out on that now, so Warframe is looking a little more interesting again.

So in short: Rekindle interest by doing something else for a while. Don't worry, Warframe will still be here next month.

Try out the special/unpopular weapons. You'd be surprised how well they can perform if you invest some time in them. The Shadow Debt mods, if you have them, offer unique possibilities for builds, you could start with that. Also, as someone said above, try out the focus trees, though I guess if you're burned out the prospect of grinding your &#! for them isn't that much appealing.

What i do is just immerse myself in the Lore. If you are not in a clan then make one and begin build an empire. Endgame so far has been clans for me even with the lack of content.if you are currently in a clan then is suggest doing raid challenges and whatnot (i'm not referring to making handicap builds to make everything harder im referring to just doing scenarios such as an all excalibur Lor)

There's a variety of things one could do.

Example 1:

Spoiler

For example, maybe host a match of Lunaro with 3 of your friends or just toss yourselves into a private Conclave match to see how viable your setups are, or set it to public and beat the daily (and maybe weekly) challenges until you get enough for a skin from Teshin if you're that high in rank?

Though those ideas use Conclave. Not everyone's into that.

Example 2:

Spoiler

If you haven't already, consider simply scanning your foes, scanning the environments, and the Cephalon fragments.

Look at them. Find something out of them you like the look of, and imitate it with what you have.

Example 3:

Spoiler

Fiddle with weapons you haven't used before, or used but haven't realized their potential (think the typical Grakata, look at that crit chance), maybe also take a Warframe you've not used in a while into a situation you think it wouldn't work in. Maybe do some Invasions if they're offering Reactors or Catalysts. 

Example 4:

Spoiler

Find a situation or an enemy in an idle or in a ragdolled pose you like, take a pic. Find more. Maybe do this to yourself - without the death?

Idea for DE to consider: Two new animations:

Animation: Ragdoll mode (toggle). Action: You do the flop and then the ragdoll physics kick in. Has no starting animation. Can be noticed when you can't move and your body has slumped and is laying on the chair or something.

Animation: Sleep (toggle). Action: Your Warframe puts itself in the position it started in from that Cryopod, and then falls backwards because of a lack of said Cryopod. When dispelled, the Warframe twitches and then proceeds to shift into the old fast recovery animation.

Example 5:

Spoiler

Introduce new Tenno to how things work. Help with situations. Answer questions. 

Other than that, I've ran out of viable possibilities on my end. 

I've been playing since closed beta, but have only around 800 hours clocked up.

I regularly get burnt out from bingeing warframe too much and honestly I find the best thing to do is just do something else for a while, and eventually you'll want to come back. By the time you come back there is usally heaps of new and exciting content to play and collect.

Yes you might miss the odd exclusive mod, but hell, atleast the game is still fun. I have to say though, since the new void and some of the other changes, RNG has reduced significantly and so it is much more enjoyable.

Try out a new game that's so bad that it makes you miss Warframe.  XD

I notice that I feel burned out faster if I'm trying to farm stuff so I don't do that.  If I'm starting to get bored, I try new weapons or go back to old weapons and frames that I haven't used for a while.  For example, I leveled up and forgot Sobek a while back, but recently I decided to give it a second chance because I loved other shotguns and I noticed Acid Shell sitting around.  I found out that it's a surprisingly fun weapon and ended up forma-ing it a couple of times just to see how far it can go.  I try a variety of missions.  I play solo, with friends, or in random groups so that keeps things a bit more interesting.  

I think the most important reason why I'm still playing is that my husband and I play this game together.  It's so much more fun when you got a partner in crime whose play style fits with your own.  Do you have friends IRL who play WF?  If you don't, maybe you can introduce a friend or two to the game and play together. Seeing the game from a fresh perspective might rekindle your interest in the game.