Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova build for a rank 5?

Aki-Killer

Question

So, I have Nova but I have no idea which primary weapon should I use on her, I was thinking of Ignis as my primary but some people that I asked said that Ignis is a really bad gun.
For a melee weapon I have Nikana, I think that's good enough. (I'll upgrade to Dragon Nikana when I reach rank 8).

7 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, Aki-Killer said:

So, I have Nova but I have no idea which primary weapon should I use on her, I was thinking of Ignis as my primary but some people that I asked said that Ignis is a really bad gun.
For a melee weapon I have Nikana, I think that's good enough. (I'll upgrade to Dragon Nikana when I reach rank 8).

the ignis is a pretty good weapon when modded right, if you want to use it then go for it

Personally I like using High powered no-crit weapons like shotguns as a primary as those can put a lot of charge into AMD with minimal ammo used. As for melee I usually just take whatever I want. Though sub 1 attack speed weapons can be dangerous when they lock you in animations.

You have some really powerful primaries up to MR5 that you can actually use even on end game: Boltor Prime, Tonkor, Amprex, Sobek, Hek.

Ignis is a good weapon but its damage falls off later on. The best application for this weapon is to apply status to many enemies at the same time.

Edited by (PS4)lhbuch

Unlike some other frames, Nova doesn't have specific weapon preferences, so you can just use any weapon with good DPS. lhbuch already mentioned some good options, but I'll add Quanta, Tigris, Paris Prime, and Dread to the list. One thing to keep in mind with Nova is that her ult slows enemies down, so weapons that require precision are easier to use on her. Try to get at least Intensify to power up her ult. It caps at 145% power strength, so Intensify + Power Drift is a good combo, though Power Drift may be a bit hard to get.

The ignis is in no way bad, but it does fall off at higher lvls. Save the ignis for sayrn when you want to pop spores.

As for you primary probably a tigris, so you can fire off a antimatter drop and then fire off the tigris dual barrels to build up dmg instantly.