Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All Artifacts Should Be Sentinel Aura Mods

MetaMortred

All the artifats, inluding the new ones and also a loot radar of sorts should be Sentinel Mods. This would give sentinels a bigger role. and when they die they can loose that aura buff.

Example. They have loot radar or enemy radar, and when they die you cannot see the enemies anymore. The buffs are still shared among players, and intensified with others.

Deathcube.png

250px-Enemy_Sense.jpg

250px-Thief%27s_Wit.png

Sentinels aren't supposed to be a required item. You can't make sentinels too important.

i think think they must hef tose mods all i hef is just 6 mods on my shade .... 

i use it more stealth so why no enemy radar :D?

Edited by Asuraknight

These mods are not required items. It makes sense that the sentinels would have these add ons. Look at sanctuary. The sentinel is supposed to be a utility/assistant(i.e. Crowd dispersion and ghost). Now, imagine with me if your Swiss Army Knife could also tell you if there was a cache of ammo in a nearby locker. I like the idea of having radar vision too but I would rather my assistant take care of the looting while I shoot all the baddies. They just seem like perks of having a sentinel. No one said you needed one but darn if they don't sound neat...

I don't have an issue with stuff like enemy radar and theif's wit being optionally slotted into a sentinel, the problem I have is with the OP's suggestion that artifacts should be going into the sentinel. Artifacts are becoming required mods, and I don't think it's a good idea to make them require a sentinel.

Personally I think there should be a couple helm slots where mods like these would go, it would make more sense. Pun intended.

Sentinels aren't supposed to be a required item. You can't make sentinels too important.

In that case, I petition that DE release NERF, the Orokin utility sphere. NERF doesn't shoot, or disguise you—all NERF does is float around so that you can stick mods on him. His default precepts could allow you to see enemies and lockers through walls or something.

I don't have an issue with stuff like enemy radar and theif's wit being optionally slotted into a sentinel, the problem I have is with the OP's suggestion that artifacts should be going into the sentinel. Artifacts are becoming required mods, and I don't think it's a good idea to make them require a sentinel.

Would you prefer the "new" artifacts to take up mod slots and points on your warframe?

If artifacts are going to be upgradeable (and they are,) then I wouldn't expect them not to take up slots and points somewhere. I'd much rather have a use for those extra mod slots on my Sentinel, and a reason to spend Forma on my Sentinel to make the most out of his available mod points. It would also allow them to ramp up artifact power significantly, because in order to keep those benefits you'd be forced to protect your Sentinel.

Well, that said, it's also possible that artifacts could be slotted onto either your WarFrame OR your Sentinel (though if you slotted the same artifact on both they shouldn't stack, the higher effect artifact would take priority unless your Sentinel dies.) It would mean that while you could use up your Sentinel slots for artifacts, it would give you a reason to take mods off your Warframe for a particular artifact you never want to lose.

Personally I love the idea, and support it 100%.

While the idea is solid, this wouldn't make artifact, other than power siphon, any more used than they are atm.

I hate to disagree with you there, because if you can equip Energy Syphon and another artifact at the same time (and fuse them up so they were three to four times stronger than they are now,) I know I would equip at least two artifacts on my Sentinel, possibly more. Granted, Energy Syphon would probably still be the most used, but that doesn't mean it would be the ONLY one that gets used.

I hate to disagree with you there, because if you can equip Energy Syphon and another artifact at the same time (and fuse them up so they were three to four times stronger than they are now,) I know I would equip at least two artifacts on my Sentinel, possibly more. Granted, Energy Syphon would probably still be the most used, but that doesn't mean it would be the ONLY one that gets used.

That is true, but would you have enough mod points for that? Power Syphon is rare so that means at least 10 for unranked.

If they did make it possible, I doubt they'd create them in a manner that allows several to be equipped without sacrificing some crucial current sentinel mods.

Also, even if 1-2 could be equipped, there's always going to be the best possible setup and I doubt anyone would put scavenger mods.

A completely different matter are "hardcore" groups which would combine auras of all sentinels for most profit. Seeing how the game has very weak end game and no real challenge like extra hard bosses, available only to mastery 5+ players, there's still not enough reason.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

Would you prefer the "new" artifacts to take up mod slots and points on your warframe?

If artifacts are going to be upgradeable (and they are,) then I wouldn't expect them not to take up slots and points somewhere. I'd much rather have a use for those extra mod slots on my Sentinel, and a reason to spend Forma on my Sentinel to make the most out of his available mod points. It would also allow them to ramp up artifact power significantly, because in order to keep those benefits you'd be forced to protect your Sentinel.

Well, that said, it's also possible that artifacts could be slotted onto either your WarFrame OR your Sentinel (though if you slotted the same artifact on both they shouldn't stack, the higher effect artifact would take priority unless your Sentinel dies.) It would mean that while you could use up your Sentinel slots for artifacts, it would give you a reason to take mods off your Warframe for a particular artifact you never want to lose.

Personally I love the idea, and support it 100%.

DE is arguing internally over what slot the artifact will take up. Steve wants it to go into an existing warframe slot, forcing you to give up an existing mod, but Greg wants a new artifact slot added to the frame. Either way I think it's going to go into the warframe and not the sentinel.

DE is arguing internally over what slot the artifact will take up. Steve wants it to go into an existing warframe slot, forcing you to give up an existing mod, but Greg wants a new artifact slot added to the frame. Either way I think it's going to go into the warframe and not the sentinel.

Thought it was the other way around. Thought Greg said it'll probably be used to an existing slot, and Steve said it'll be used on a separate slot. Anyways I disapprove for it being on a sentinel. Since I don't even run with a sentinel since it messes up my stealth play as a Loki.

That is true, but would you have enough mod points for that? Power Syphon is rare so that means at least 10 for unranked.

If they did make it possible, I doubt they'd create them in a manner that allows several to be equipped without sacrificing some crucial current sentinel mods.

Also, even if 1-2 could be equipped, there's always going to be the best possible setup and I doubt anyone would put scavenger mods.

A completely different matter are "hardcore" groups which would combine auras of all sentinels for most profit. Seeing how the game has very weak end game and no real challenge like extra hard bosses, available only to mastery 5+ players, there's still not enough reason.

Forma can get you more mod points, and you're right that slot limits are there. Right now if you don't have Sanctuary, you've got 2 open slots on your Sentinel, though you'd probably need to Forma a few times for more points. But even if you have Sanctuary there's one more open slot on your Sentinel and nothing to put there.

While yes, I doubt people will use Scavenger mods often, I could see a group of explorers utilizing one slot each and sharing the benefits of those artifacts, because that aura can (hopefully) affect the whole group if they stay close enough to each other.

During the livestream we saw that discussion take place, but that's why they call this sort of thing a "suggestion." Every dev team has plenty of ideas that they've had to change, and I'm sure many of the features we see in WarFrame have changed dramatically from the original idea before the players even see it for the first time.

I'm not saying this is the only way for them to revise the artifact system, but considering how few Sentinel mods there are to choose from, it seems like a logical way to use up those sentinel slots as well as avoid having to alter frames. To me it seems like a "two birds with one stone" situation, but we'll see what the devs decide soon enough.

I think this makes sense to implement. We have 8 slots on our sentinels, and only 6 are able to be used. Making artifacts essentially mods for the sentinels would work since they're basically an additional perk as well, with a much better view of the area. So scavenger artifacts, enemy radar, etc all make sense to be placed as sentinel mods.

I have to disagree, there are times such as when I stealth where I don't use sentienels not even shade. Why not even shade?

1. kind of takes away from the fun of stealth if you have shade

2. I dont feel like a stealthy ninja with a floaty thing over my head

So I would hate to have my enemy radar that I love o so much during my stealth play to be taken away and put into the sentinels that I don't want to use.

Edited by Asanogawa

Who the F*** is Greg??? If you're talking about Scott, then it's the other way around. Steve said they would create an extra slot, while Scott said they would take up one of the existing slots

Artifacts will be moved to frame's slots... no point in giving artifacts their own slot (what would it change from now? think about it...)

They'll need 1 of our 10 slots, they'll need mod points so that we'll be 'forced' to renounce to something...

Look it like a nerf... a balance, whatever... we are pretty much OP already... enemies only start to be 'scary' after lvl 60-70, being a real treat only after lvl 90... maybe this will reduce our effectiveness...