Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Commander Whereabouts & Akmagnus Questions:

GinKenshin

Question

Hoi Tenno, 

So I have 2 questions, a quick one and a quickish one: 

1- anyone knows where to find grineer commanders? I need to scan 4 of them for Simaris and I can't find any. anyone knows a good spot to find them? 

2- about the akmagnus: 

So I need a good dual pistols to use with Mesa, currently I'm using Akstilleto prime which is totally amazing, I love the looks, the stats and the feel. but using auto pistols with Mesa doesn't feel right. so I think I'm going with the akmagnus since I really like the looks, and the stats are surprisingly ok. I know there's the akvasto but they seem too small? plus if there's an akvasto prime I'd use it but there's nothing like this >.> 

Basically, I'm looking for a good weapon to go with mesa and the akmagnus caught my eye. it looks good and the stats are good. from what I hear, it needs A LOT of forma, but when I put 5-7, does it still preform well even with all the forma and a crit build? also, I'm thinking of running an awakening arcane on mesa, it needs a high reload speed weapon, so with a reload mod, does it still benefit from the arcane 

Here's my quick build for it, I'd like to hear your thoughts about it:

https://goo.gl/yP5BQU 

Any info will be great 

Thank You ^^ 

Edited by GinKenshin

3 answers to this question

Try the Lua crossfire node for Commanders.  I can't think of another node off the top of my head where they always show up.

As for the Axmagnus, it's probably one of the best semi-auto dual pistols for crit, if you're totally set on semi-auto dual pistols.  If you're willing to bend your goal to semi-auto single pistols, then Lex Prime is where it's at.  If you're less set on semi-auto then stick with Akstiletto Prime, which is already awesome.

And any pistol is going to need a lot of forma for a maxed crit build; you'll need two just to fit Primed Target Cracker and Primed Pistol Gambit.

When it comes to "Harry Potter" ( Which is what I dubbed the Grineer Commander ) I just look for him in either Earth's Moon "Lua" / Ceres / Saturn. I just run Capture missions they seem much quicker for Cephalon Simarris' Synth Targets

As for your AK-Magnus set up it looks quite nice , this would be my set up of how I did my AKMagnus ; https://goo.gl/m5ZlMi

Akmagnus works pretty well with Mesa. But it's indeed Forma heavy. I've got four Forma on mine but it's worth the effort if you ask me. I use Akstiletto prime with everything else but for Mesa it just doesn't feel right, i agree.

I also tried Akvasto but compared to the Akmagnus they fall short in my opinion.