Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coincedence Iron Skin Was Nerfed Immediately Before Pvp Duels Came Out?

weezedog

Does anyone else find it hard to believe that Iron Skin was nerfed in the patch immediately before Dojo's and their PvP duels came out, especially when no one was complaining about it and it wasn't on anyone's radar to get nerfed? In fact it was highly needed for tanking high level defense. The nerf completely blinded everyone.

I think their in-house testing of duels got Iron Skin nerfed. I can see how Iron Skin creates an I WIN button for duels, but having played WoW for years, I saw first hand how PvP always ruined things for PvE and I do not want to see that happen to Warframe. Everything good for PvE always gets nerfed into the ground for PvP balance and it ends up making both miserable.

Is Iron Skin the first causality of PvP? Are there more to follow? Overheat, Link, what's next?

Does anyone else find it hard to believe that Iron Skin was nerfed in the patch immediately before Dojo's and their PvP duels came out, especially when no one was complaining about it and it wasn't on anyone's radar to get nerfed? In fact it was highly needed for tanking high level defense. The nerf completely blinded everyone.

I think their in-house testing of duels got Iron Skin nerfed. I can see how Iron Skin creates an I WIN button for duels, but having played WoW for years, I saw first hand how PvP always ruined things for PvE and I do not want to see that happen to Warframe. Everything good for PvE always gets nerfed into the ground for PvP balance and it ends up making both miserable.

Is Iron Skin the first causality of PvP? Are there more to follow? Overheat, Link, what's next?

The issue with this conspiracy theory is that DE balances the duels separately from PvE. Like, the powers and weapons work differently in a duel, according to Steve.

Edit: Of course I can't confirm this myself since my clan has no duel room, but meh, Steve's earned a little trust.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

I thought about this, but ultimately disagreed after seeing what certain abilities get nerfed to.

Coinsidence Trinity's Link and Uber were left alone

Coinsidence Ash and Loki can go Invis and 1 shot people during duels

Coinsidence Vauban can load up teslas everywhere and take a nap during duels

Tl;dr Nope. Try again.

Odd...  Nyx got nerfed into the ground for PvP.  MC and Chaos just drain energy.

Coinsidence Trinity's Link and Uber were left alone

Coinsidence Ash and Loki can go Invis and 1 shot people during duels

Coinsidence Vauban can load up teslas everywhere and take a nap during duels

Tl;dr Nope. Try again.

Is it a coinCidence you don't know how to write coinCidence, and yet you tried to emphasize it??

T H I N K before you post.

Is it True?

Is it Helpful?

Is it Inspirational?

Is it Necessary?

Is it Kind?

I'm afraid the original post fails at hurdles 1, 2 3, and 4.

1/ Many people were calling for a nerf, the skill was obviously overpowered. Many other skills that trivialise PvP were not nerfed [read: Bastille].

2/ Rehashing the same conspiracy theories helps nobody.

3/ See 2/

4/ See 2/