The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Insufficient Memory in Relays

kyori

12 hours ago, Urlan said:

Sorry to hear that the issue is still not being addressed then.

Not sure why but in layman I thought comparing the programming code against the other maps will perhaps find the difference?

I do notice the chance of not having issue is when I am totally alone in the relay. Meaning no other players at all. But still that is not a 100% guarantee, although chances are high that there is no issue.

6 hours ago, kyori said:

Not sure why but in layman I thought comparing the programming code against the other maps will perhaps find the difference?

I do notice the chance of not having issue is when I am totally alone in the relay. Meaning no other players at all. But still that is not a 100% guarantee, although chances are high that there is no issue.

The issue according to error logs is tied to the way the player decorations are handled in video memory, it can also happen if you are unlucky in trial missions. If your video card is less than 2 GB of Video RAM and using Direct x 9, it will crash pretty reliably if you get 10 or more other players are present. Using Direct x 11, it will still crash using a video card with less than 2 GB, you can turn on the FPS hud display the crash will occur before 700 MB under Dx9 and in the high 800-900 MB under Dx11. The situation still exists for stronger cards, it just takes longer.

I have an ally for instance using the 9600 GT, a card that has only 512 MB of Video RAM; and in his situation without fail he can not last in relay with 10 other players for more than a few minutes. Not enough time to get from the landing pad to the concourse usually. I would be interested in a fix for this issue as it can't be fun for players trying to visit Baro or Simaris with it.

34 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Yes usually it happened when there are a few players in the relay... even 1 or 2.

I have completed trial missions like LoR without any issues even with 7 other members in the game at the same time.

So it seems we know roughly what is the problem that caused it... but why there isn't much of a solution or a solve to this? Since it affected all cards with less than 2GB video ram, why DE hasn't done anything much to resolve this?

Yes, it is a pain to always RNG even going to relays... lol