The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fog and lush vegetation effect on enemy vision

motorfirebox

The new graphical stuff being previewed looks awesome, but how is it going to affect the ability of enemies to see you? Am I going to go into a foggy map and have enemies shooting me from beyond visual range? If I'm trying to sneak up on an enemy, will crouching in the grass help?

16 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

The new graphical stuff being previewed looks awesome, but how is it going to affect the ability of enemies to see you? Am I going to go into a foggy map and have enemies shooting me from beyond visual range? If I'm trying to sneak up on an enemy, will crouching in the grass help?

They said it is going to be a choice in the graphics menu so "if you have a toaster it can still run warframe" and I agree. But that also means that it can't affect the gameplay. Also it did not look that disruptive, mostly atmospheric.

The Sortie's heavy fog effect greatly diminishes the detect range for enemies, it seems. You can be standing in front of a Grineer, plain as day, not 5 meters in front of them, and they will not even see you. I'd expect that the 'general fog' will also reduce the vision cone, but probably not as much. Here to hoping that crouching in grass will actually be a way to hide from the enemy! (though enemies could also hide, and spring ambushes)