Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pve And Pvp Skill Change Suggestion

Dat_Ash

so many people are raging about some skill OP'ness in PVP and now they are blaming pvp for rhinos iron skin nerf so

my suggestion is just nerf some skill effects in PVP and leave the original skill effects at PVE for example

i will suggest some popular skills that people think is too cheap at PVP

1: Ember's overheat ( with maxed out focus )  -  this is 1 of the cheapest skill in dojo duels especially if combined with maxed out focus... so my suggestion is just reduced the effect of overheat from 91% damage reduction to like 40% at pvp

2: Frost's snow globe - another cheap skill in pvp cause of that barrier that deflects any gun damage and super slow effect if you try to enter to kill frost....so my suggestion is reduce slow effect on pvp at least give some chance to other player to attack cause ive seen some frost users who spams globe and hides inside it and then spams HEK or stagger kunai which is obviously cheap way to do duels, but ive seen some rhino users beat a snowglobe frost well obviously with hek

3: Rhinos iron stomp -  when a rhino user managed to get at least 100 energy at dojo duels then just give up cause this skill will just finish you off, cause knockdown and super slow for like 5-6 sec leaving you vulnerable and defenceless to any attack...my suggestion is just lessen the time of slow at pvp

4:Rhinos iron skin - well i think Dojo duels is the main reason why Devs nerfed this skill , cause lets be honest imagine for 20 secs+ your invulnerable to any damage and any stun and Knockdowns.....but my suggestion is just buffed the  iron skin up to like 2k-3k absorb damage at PVE and nerfed it to like 500-700 damage at pvp

5: Ash's smoke screen - well personally i dont think this skill is cheap cause its so easy to counter but some people still cry and whine about this skill but maybe the closest nerf at pvp that smoke screen can get is a fixed 5 secs duration at pvp 

but overall Dojo duels was implemented just for the sake of experimenting of Devs at pvp element and duels acts like a sidedish only for this game and nothing to be taken too seriously

but still theres some people think they are Uber pro and awsome in this game by winning in Dojo duels using some cheap skills like overheat and iron skin and spam heavy knockdowns and kunai staggers -__-

1 last thing the kunai and boltor staggers should be toned down too at pvp and also heavy jump attack knockdowns spams

and also reduce the damage of in game weapons at PVP sa well so no one will be able to spam acrid poison shots and 1 shot Hek kills at pvp

Edited by Dat_Ash

There will not be any PVP-focused balancing, not now, tor in future.

Warframe is PvE game - PvP is just a mere addition.

DE have stated that they would eventually rebalance certain things for PvP only. Your argument is invalid.

EDIT: And by "rebalance for PvP only" I mean have the rebalances only take effect when facing other players.

Edited by fishworshipper

No, their will be rules in pvp, if your pvping people just say "hey don't use X". Or join a small clan where you know everyone and don't have to worry about people being disrespectful. You should suspect a random person out of 5000 to not care about rules. 

well yah your right but still egos will still dominate on some people even with small clans no matter what 

Dat_Ash:

Posted Yesterday, 08:18 PM

so many people are raging about some skill OP'ness in PVP and now they are blaming pvp for rhinos iron skin nerf so

my suggestion is just nerf some skill effects in PVP and leave the original skill effects at PVE

This^

One of the Best and most important ideas for update 9!

Plese DE read this and do it. The game will become so much better.

Make abilities work in differnt ways in PvP than how they perform in PvE

The game was initially intended to be PvE co-op. And we have been enjoyng it as such for long time. Don't let the implementation of PvE break the original experiance. Because lets be honest the people who play PvE are so many more than those in Dojos, plus even the gamers who enjoy the PvP aspect still spend 90% of their time in co-op missions.

It is important for your product. I really hope you realize this.I am conviced the benefits for your game will far exceed the time spent in implementing this idea.

Edited by zombaio

PvP is not a balancing concern in the slightest. Do not expect or wait for "the big PvP update". It won't come, from all I can see.

well or just remove PVP enirely? cause from what ive seem theres too many big EGOmaniacs who thinks they are the best just because they are winning continuosly in pvp using some cheap weapon spams and skills and other lose their morale and ended up quiting cause of some little duel which is pretty stupid and it happens a lot in my clan

PvP in the form of duels will remain. No one can force you into a duel. If someone plays cheap, don't play with them.

What about some type of monthly arena outside of clans with ladder rankings/rewards? (Not anytime soon)

Edit: No reply from Ced, either it's such a bad idea, or it's in the works! Haha.

Edited by F43AK

PvP in the form of duels will remain. No one can force you into a duel. If someone plays cheap, don't play with them.

im not and i dont care about duels but its &!$$in me off that some people are taking dojo duels to seriously and start raging about  it and saying this game is stupid cause they are losing in some cheap &#! duels in a PVE game.....

i love this game so i dont want some little pvp to encourage some people to badmouth this game

Edited by Dat_Ash

im not and i dont care about duels but its &!$$in me off that some people are taking dojo duels to seriously and start raging about  it and saying this game is stupid cause they are losing in some cheap &#! duels in a PVE game.....

i love this game so i dont want some little pvp to encourage some people to badmouth this game

Just don't. Walk away from it, leave them be.