Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ways To Gain Very Rare Micro Drops Of Platinum

Necrosaur

I know platinum is how the game is funded and you dont want to be giving away money.

But extremely rare drops of 1-2 platinum max at a time  (maybe low chance in the table that gets rolled for when you find a blueprint on a alert mission with a question mark.)

Thoughts?

No, plat is the lifeblood of the developers. Having it drop in any quantity is absolutely out of the question. These people work very hard to deliver a satisfying and amazing gaming experience, and giving away free currency to buy content that can already be earned by just playing in-game would be an absolute disservice to their hard work.

So one of two things need to happen for you:

1. You give the developers a little cash to unlock exclusive content much faster.

2. You put in a lot of time in game to earn what you desire

Yeah I don't think this would be a very good idea. I just wish certain things like warframe + weapon slots could be bought with large amount of credits. Or perhaps researched using up a huge amount of resources.

They were going to add something for gaining mastery ranks. At most we can assume they are extra slots.

But it cant be many. To collect everything and have everything, you should at least pay a few dollars for all the slots you need.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand that platinum is mostly what keeps this game running, but I definitely would appreciate even having a small chance at getting one platinum every fortnight. I personally believe that paying money should be more of a shortcut than a necessity, even if to get platinum for free you have to play a roulette every half month with a 1% chance of a single platinum coin, or playing the game every week for a year to get a small 5- coin tribute. Another idea is reaching a certain, very high level to get you a small bonus, but still having paying money to be the way to go for all but the people who don't have any other choice (14- YO playing in their spare time with parents noooooot that loose with their credit card online). I'm not saying that i'll hate the game if this is not done, i'm just saying that it would be a nice idea for people just wanting that one colour pack with ten platinum to go... :P

I understand that platinum is mostly what keeps this game running, but I definitely would appreciate even having a small chance at getting one platinum every fortnight. I personally believe that paying money should be more of a shortcut than a necessity, even if to get platinum for free you have to play a roulette every half month with a 1% chance of a single platinum coin, or playing the game every week for a year to get a small 5- coin tribute. Another idea is reaching a certain, very high level to get you a small bonus, but still having paying money to be the way to go for all but the people who don't have any other choice (14- YO playing in their spare time with parents noooooot that loose with their credit card online). I'm not saying that i'll hate the game if this is not done, i'm just saying that it would be a nice idea for people just wanting that one colour pack with ten platinum to go... :P

If you understand that plat is keeping this game running, why do you insist on it being free? There is no such thing as a free lunch out there and unless something pays DEs bills, the game will shut down soon enough. You already get 50 platinum for free when you sign up which should give you a few starter items at least.

As for 14 year olds with stingy parents, yes that sucks, but it's no DEs problem really.

Correct me if I'm wrong but anything that is purchasable with Platinum now is attainable in game.

It's just that getting the blue prints and materials can be a pain.

Can't buy colors, slots, or sentinel extras unless you have plat.

Can't buy colors, slots, or sentinel extras unless you have plat.

With the exception of slots, those are cosmetic.

As for slots, the starting 50 plat is enough to get you 1 Warframe slot and 4 Weapon slots, or 2 Warframe slots. If you need to hold onto more than 3 Frames and 12 Weapons, then you're enjoying the game enough to spend some real money on it. Whether or not you have money to spend doesn't change the fact that DE is giving away almost all of their product for free, and doesn't entitle the free-to-player to be up in arms about the fact that platinum is not free.

If you understand that plat is keeping this game running, why do you insist on it being free? There is no such thing as a free lunch out there and unless something pays DEs bills, the game will shut down soon enough. You already get 50 platinum for free when you sign up which should give you a few starter items at least.

As for 14 year olds with stingy parents, yes that sucks, but it's no DEs problem really.

I may be insisting it on being a free game, but I'm also insisting it on being a complete pain to be free. Not just people playing it for a few minutes to get 20 platinum, but people playing it for a year in order to afford one of the colour packs for example

I'm fully against the thought of playing the game and earning plat. Honestly I was suprised to get 50% off next plat purchess a few days ago. I now own a potatoed vueban due to it! ;-)

I know platinum is how the game is funded and you dont want to be giving away money.

But extremely rare drops of 1-2 platinum max at a time  (maybe low chance in the table that gets rolled for when you find a blueprint on a alert mission with a question mark.)

Thoughts?

From the moment that the devs do Alerts with Catalysts and Reactors,and Formas,and Blueprints as rewards,then pretty much no.

I got 4 catalysts and 1 reactor so far from alerts and i am not even playing more than 2 months and more than 1 hour per day.Those items costs 100 platinum.Thats approximately close to 6 euros that i should have payed to get these items.So they have 6 euros loss from me and ALL the other players that plays the game and managed to get those alerts.Also you start with 50 free platinum that you can buy weapon and warframe slots at the very beggining.

If they added Platinum Drops they would lose too much money.My gf had a 50% off Platinum as a daily reward and i have payed 5 euros for her for 175 platinum.She managed to buy more slots and the colors she wanted with 5 euros.I havent payed a single cent for my account (yet) because the alerts are providing me with all the gear i would have bought.

Edited by Indal21