Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zenistar's Hit Sound

Imaru

The sound that the Zenistar makes when you swing it at a wall/crate/enemy is the same one as any axe in the game. This doesn't make a ton of sense given that you're hitting them with fire if the image is to be believed. Sure there is metal contact after the fire, but since it's default damage type and model show that it is flame, I would kinda expect the sound it makes on hits to reflect that. 

15 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

And what sound would that be? Fire is a gas so it makes no noise when it hits things meaning it makes perfect sense that you only hear the metal part of the weapon hit.

Actually the flames themselves are more accurately described as red hot carbon (in the case of a carbon based fuel source) or plasma (in the case of a star or fusion/fission situation), and the sound I had in mind would be something akin to the sound of a torch being waved back and forth. 

4 minutes ago, Imaru said:

Actually the flames themselves are more accurately described as red hot carbon (in the case of a carbon based fuel source) or plasma (in the case of a star or fusion/fission situation), and the sound I had in mind would be something akin to the sound of a torch being waved back and forth. 

If I had to guess the sound you hear when you wave a torch isn't so much the fire as it is the object burning since you're messing with the oxygen around the flame, the zenistar seems to be made up of almost entirely metalic objects so again it doesn't really make sense. The source of the Zenistar's flame isn't given and other pure elemental weapons like the dark sword and Silva and Aegis also make metalic noises which is generally what is beneath their element so it seems to make perfect sense to me that the Zenistar also makes those noises.

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously ppl.....

Swing sound = torch waving.

Hit sound = Plasma meets meat/armor.  I think it goes "Pshhhhhh" .

Also, its blunt behind flames. So metal part of the hit should sound more like hammer.

Swing + hit would sound like  "FfffffDuffshhhhh"  .