Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forums Reputation Points

Spin999

Question

7 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Naftal said:

It's just total upvotes your posts have got. They don't do anything.

2 minutes ago, Genitive said:

When people upvote your posts you get points. Total is shown under your profile icon and in the profile menu.

Ah, thank you both, I really wanted to know how I got those reputation points. So thanks for clearing things up!!

Edited by Spin999

33 minutes ago, morningstar999 said:

The real question is does anyone pay attention or keep then in consideration when reading a user post?  I.E how much value do people put into it? 

For me they just show how long that user has used forums.

35 minutes ago, morningstar999 said:

The real question is does anyone pay attention or keep then in consideration when reading a user post?  I.E how much value do people put into it? 

Not to me, I don't judge the user's statements on if they've received a lot of "brownie points" in the past. Each statement is judged individually. I've seen people with 10 rep say some bloody brilliant things and also I've seen people who have enough rep to make zeus jealous make some truly asinine statements and of course vice versa. They don't do anything, they just represent how much people agree with you/like what you said.

47 minutes ago, morningstar999 said:

I would hope nothing, especially considering all you have to do is make a big post about the latest issue and how you agree with the community and you'll get 20 to 40 upvotes, easily, if not more.