Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas or excalibur

Pmueck3

Question

Hello, since i have enough plat to buy atlas (275 plat) i was wondering if this is a good choice to do , i run excalibur atm but now doubting to either pick atlas and making him my ''main'' for a bit or just stick with excalibur. If atlas is a good choice what weapons should i pick with him aswell ?

14 answers to this question

I agree with Lazer.  I've got every frame in the game, save Excal Prime :(  and Excalibur is solid.

If you feel the undeniable desire to get Atlas though, the Tekko gauntlets are his signature weapons and are crazy fast crazy crit beast, just short range (as are all fist weapons).

Use that 275 plat and buy frame and weapon slots, then farm each frame, as well as Atlas.  As said before buying frames for plat is a waste if they can be fairly easily farmed.  Ok less so with Atlas, but if played as a combo puncher is my favourite way through missions, it's just not as easy to farm as most of the non prime frames.

Note when you buy weapon slots you get two at same time, but frames you only get one.  I would have enough slots for six or more frames, as some do different jobs better.  Then for weapons you can have your favourites to keep and have slots for two or more for the affinity fodder which you level to 30 and sell.

35 minutes ago, Pmueck3 said:

Hello, since i have enough plat to buy atlas (275 plat) i was wondering if this is a good choice to do , i run excalibur atm but now doubting to either pick atlas and making him my ''main'' for a bit or just stick with excalibur. If atlas is a good choice what weapons should i pick with him aswell ?

A lot of others have already said it and I have to agree... you should NOT need to buy a frame!  I was gifted Inaros and that's the only frame that I "bought".  I do not do enough things for ducats so I will more than likely be unable to obtain the quest for him.  Join a clan that has researched some of the frames in the dojo.  There are currently (they might add some later on) four you can craft (Volt, Zephyr, Banshee and Wukong) which you can add to your collection.  The second easiest I would say would be a tie between Oberon and Rhino (since you get the Oberon Pieces from eximus enemies and Rhino from Jackal on Venus, which is one of the easier bosses).

Now as far as your current selection I would go with Excalibur.  I have not completed the quest for Atlas and I will be getting him EVENTUALLY, but not right now.  What I would spend some money on would be expansion slots for more frames, weapons and such.  Those will help greatly in the future once you find weapons you just LOVE and want to keep.  I have a few weapons that I just rank up and then get rid of them once they're completed mastered so those are constant empty slots.  

OOH AND ALSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  There are times during the year where they have discounts off of warframes and other items (like Christmas and such) that you can get those frames for a MUCH more reduced rate so I would hold onto your plat for now!  I found this out the hard way after I just started haha! 

Good luck!!!!

Edited by Btabc
further explanation

35 minutes ago, -Gundam- said:

[...] the Tekko gauntlets are his signature weapons and are crazy fast crazy crit beast, just short range (as are all fist weapons).

Ironically, the Tekko aren't the best melee to use with him for maximum effect despite being excellent fist weapons. Atlas's Landslide (1) is 100% impact damage, so it scales best with high Impact weapons which can viably equip Primed Heavy Trauma, such as Obex if you wish to stick with a more body based weapon.

As many have already said, it would be better to simply buy a Warframe slot for 20 plat and farm for Atlas. It's a bit of work, but he's great fun and worth the grind.

Excalibur is an excellent frame, scales well into late game, and is newbie friendly (if you're new) with a high skill cap. Atlas is a bit of a lower skill cap, with a very different type of game play. He's quite a bit tankier and more suited for in-your-face combat with his Landslide combo system. His Tectonics and its augment are great for defense based missions and stalling in narrow passages. In the same situation, Excalibur is more of a Blind and massacre type play style.

4 minutes ago, -CM-Jaypalm said:

Atlas's Landslide (1) is 100% impact damage, so it scales best with high Impact weapons which can viably equip Primed Heavy Trauma, such as Obex if you wish to stick with a more body based weapon.

While this is true it isn't exactly necessary.  I prefer mostly slash based weapons overall and even when I run with Atlas I don't build specifically for him and am quite capable of bulldozing through sorties using his first ability with relative ease.

1 hour ago, Pmueck3 said:

i run excalibur atm but now doubting to either pick atlas and making him my ''main'' for a bit or just stick with excalibur.

Best of both worlds, stick with excal and farm atlas.  If you have enough plat to buy atlas outright then you're better off using that plat to get slots for weapons and frames.  Once you have atlas farmed, which can take a while, he is quest based on a high level planet, you can switch over fairly easily.

The only benefit to buying frames outright with plat is bypassing wait times (3 1/2 days after farming) when crafting and having it come with a free slot (6p worth) and a reactor (20p worth) pre-installed.

Atlas is great at offense, defense and CC so its worth it however you wish to proceed.

Atlas is pretty damn annoying to farm: If you have a stable income I might suggest just buying it. Work at your job, play at your game. 

Advice in the forum is pretty spot on otherwise: Warframes aren't terribly difficult to farm so your platinum is better spent opening up slots for them. Atlas just happens to be an exception. 

As for which is better? Kind of a wash. Excalibur has very good crowd control through radial blind and can become a sword-gun with Exalted Blade. Atlas has good point defense and can deal really high melee damage while keeping in enemies faces due to being very durable. They're both effective. 

Excalibur is an all-around good frame with good cc and that amazing exalted sword.  He scales well too.  Atlas may seem like a onetrick pony,  but it's one of the most amazing "tricks" in the game, pummeling pretty much any level and ragdolling anyone else.  His passive is amazing too if you hate falling down in combat. About that plat tho... 

noooooo! Atlas' boss is easy, all you need is itzal and corvas/velocitus , and a shotgun for the Juggernaut before him.  I got him in 5 tries that took 10-15 mins tops.  another thing, YOU CAN FARM FOR EVERYTHING IN THIS GAME, except for cosmetics. it's up to you really,  but 20 plat spend and a little hard work and over 250 plat to play with is always better than 250+ plat spend over a frame you could've grinded for.