Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Prime Build

ZectorV1

Question

Basically what do you think, what am I doing wrong if you think so? Build here:.                                                                              Rejuvenation, Power Drift, Health Conversation, Primed Continuity, Blind Rage, Streamline, Despoil, Shield of Shadows, Equilibrium.                                                                                                             My main question is Vitality or Primed Flow. Also I'm running this with a maxed Zenurik, and since nekros doesn't have any channeled abilities I havnt really run into too much of an energy problem. My intention for this build is to be a great tank. If endless missions really become relevant again, i want to try this. Equilibrium and Despoil combined with rejuvenation and Zenurik(plus nekros'  healing passive) means constant regeneration. Health conversion and Shield of Shadows for tanking, Despoil keeps health conversation up all the time. Is there a better way for me to tank ALL the damage? Do I need a bigger health pool or a bigger energy pool? Thoughts                                                           P.S, I don't have any polarity in the aura slot so I can switch that around as well quite easily. 

Edited by Zectorcop

20 answers to this question

Honestly for the build you are looking for it seems good. I would definitely use vitality. However, I think of nekros as support not a tank. For endless survival it is more important to desecrate for orbs and air packs. So I go max range, a little power for terrify, and a lot of efficiency for low cost. I run vitality since life is precious. Dont run despoiled and use primed flow. Using corrosive projection to weaken enemies. This build got me through many 2hr or longer t4 survivals. With upper tier weapons and desecrate being toggle I would say my build can go longer than before. Of course teammates help. Variety is great though.

My build drops Streamline to have both Vitality and Primed Flow. I also use either Corrosive Projection or Energy Siphon as the aura depending on the mission.

I've had no trouble sustaining Shadows of the Dead even with -55% efficiency due to Zenurik, though Corpus missions can cause some disruption when a Nullifier walks through all of your shadows. Desecrate is self-sustaining even at -55% efficiency, but you have to make sure to keep your energy from remaining topped off for too long so that you can get extra health from Equilibrium.

Don't let people tell you Nekros is meant to take on a support role. He can tank just fine with his absurdly high damage mitigation that lets him run toe to toe with Chroma (compared to Chroma, Nekros trades damage output for squad support options).

Edited by Inarticulate

17 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

My build drops Streamline to have both Vitality and Primed Flow. I also use either Corrosive Projection or Energy Siphon as the aura depending on the mission.

I've had no trouble sustaining Shadows of the Dead even with -55% efficiency due to Zenurik, though Corpus missions can cause some disruption when a Nullifier walks through all of your shadows. Desecrate is self-sustaining even at -55% efficiency, but you have to make sure to keep your energy from remaining topped off for too long so that you can get extra health from Equilibrium.

Don't let people tell you Nekros is meant to take on a support role. He can tank just fine with his absurdly high damage mitigation that lets him run toe to toe with Chroma (compared to Chroma, Nekros trades damage output for squad support options).

I mean I get a 90% damage reduction not including the armor from health conversation so it's kinda hard to not see his tank potential. I might make your set my B set and run some parallels, seems interesting. Only worried about bursting through my energy with shadows. 

Just now, Zectorcop said:

I mean I get a 90% damage reduction not including the armor from health conversation so it's kinda hard to not see his tank potential. I might make your set my B set and run some parallels, seems interesting. Only worried about bursting through my energy with shadows. 

I have yet to run into a situation where I don't have enough energy to recast Shadows of the Dead. As long as you keep killing enemies, you'll keep getting health orbs to replenish your energy, and there's always Zenurik for any mission that lasts longer than 2 or 3 minutes.

My actual problem is keeping my energy from remaining topped off. The only problem with my build is actually the health regeneration rate. You need energy orbs to keep your health from (very slowly) depleting, which means you really want to recast Shadows of the Dead every time your energy bar maxes out so Equilibrium can kick in and convert energy orbs into more health.

If you have an Arcane Pulse set, you can put that on Nekros to alleviate the health issue (I've been too lazy to get me one, but I probably should).

1 minute ago, Inarticulate said:

I have yet to run into a situation where I don't have enough energy to recast Shadows of the Dead. As long as you keep killing enemies, you'll keep getting health orbs to replenish your energy, and there's always Zenurik for any mission that lasts longer than 2 or 3 minutes.

My actual problem is keeping my energy from remaining topped off. The only problem with my build is actually the health regeneration rate. You need energy orbs to keep your health from (very slowly) depleting, which means you really want to recast Shadows of the Dead every time your energy bar maxes out so Equilibrium can kick in and convert energy orbs into more health.

If you have an Arcane Pulse set, you can put that on Nekros to alleviate the health issue (I've been too lazy to get me one, but I probably should).

See that's really funny because I run Despoil to keep my HEALTH from being topped off so I always have some energy Regen. Both of our sets seem to have problems having too much of a good thing. It is admittantly easier to cast than to get hurt though. 

I think Vitality over flow for sure, you are using Despoil, its a key point of sustain for a tanky Nekros and vitality enables it to be run longer, utilizing streamline is enough for energy consumption especially with equilibrium. The efficiency there trumps flow in my opinion

Just to throw in a different Idea for you, because personally I don't think tanky Nekros like this provides enough for a team except in survival. He can viable pretty much anywhere, I personally do a bit of a different build. I think this since Hydroid can achieve the extra drop thing as well and the health orb drop healing is easily trumped by trinity, unless others have conversion but i don't bank on that. So the build i utilize is Aura: Rejuvenation. Mods: Streamline, vitality, rage, equilibrium, health conversion, soul survivor, Despoil, Shield of shadowsExilus, Either, Speed drift (reduce cast time) or power drift (knockdown resist).

Power drift is for specific enemy sets that have a lot of knockdown since that can be easily fatal.

When I originally drafted this build for myself i though maybe it hurt too much to use 3 of the augment mods, but health conversion despoil equilibrium is just too good. I loved the idea of quick revives and it can really contribute to the team in a way that other frames normally can't, making it stand out, which is why rage found it way into the build. Soul survivor drains your energy to 0 (no matter the amount, making flow even less viable for me) Rage plus your health orb drop is a clean combo, and allows for efficient use along as you time your abilities well with their death timer. (making speed drift great if multiple are down, you can move quicker to the orbs to regen energy for another soul punch, carrier makes this even more efficient.) to top of the efficiency of this build, I utilize Arcane Victory for increase health regen, plus carrier with sweep with max fire rate since he can trigger arcane victory (sweeper makes for easy headshots.) and finally medi ray (more sustain, MORE!). This build if you play it right and time your abilities at the right time, your health will never drop below 50%, even in high level sorties and trials, and you are an ungodly medic, granting health orbs, quick revives, pulling a nice amount of aggro and sustain it. All while constantly keeping your energy in check, and never needing assistance from a frame like trinity.

I don't know if this help construct your build any better, if it does lemme know :3.

^ link to my build.

Edited by CorbenikTheRebirth

Drop Streamline for Vitality and you're good. You don't need efficiency with Equilibrium.

I would make sure to leave the Aura un-polarized so you can use Corrosive Projection when needed.

Zenurik is actually counter productive for Nekros because you don't actually want full energy. When you have full energy you're Equilibrium is only half working. Which means your health does not regenerate as fast as it could otherwise. Recast Shadows every time your energy gets full even if you don't need to.

I use a similar build with Stretch over Health Conversion and Cunning Drift over Power Drift. I personally see no value in Nekros without a good Desecrate, But that's me,

9 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Drop Streamline for Vitality and you're good. You don't need efficiency with Equilibrium.

I would make sure to leave the Aura un-polarized so you can use Corrosive Projection when needed.

Zenurik is actually counter productive for Nekros because you don't actually want full energy. When you have full energy you're Equilibrium is only half working. Which means your health does not regenerate as fast as it could otherwise. Recast Shadows every time your energy gets full even if you don't need to.

I use a similar build with Stretch over Health Conversion and Cunning Drift over Power Drift. I personally see no value in Nekros without a good Desecrate, But that's me,

I never turn Desecrate off and I still tank just fine. 

12 minutes ago, Zectorcop said:

I never turn Desecrate off and I still tank just fine. 

What? I don't see how that relates?

If you just want to solo a base range Desecrate is fine but if you're in a group you're basically trading Mitigation for less support and less recovery because you will not be creating orbs outside the range of Desecrate.

20m Desecrate Vs 40m Desecrate is a pretty big difference and the range also increases your tether range to Shadows which just about never follow you anywhere. Loose just two tethers and the extra Power Strength over Power Range doesn't matter anymore.

If you get into trouble a 15m Fear Vs a 24m Fear is also going to make a more noticeable difference.

.....Eventually nothing tanks in this game.

last shadow event couple ppl ask me to help him cz they are had bad nekros... i join in with my nekros we used maybe 1-2 pods.... its very important to have  max range on nekros..also for voids... i alwayes notice if someone have bad range on nekro... and team need all loot u can get

10 hours ago, Xzorn said:

If you just want to solo a base range Desecrate is fine but if you're in a group you're basically trading Mitigation for less support and less recovery because you will not be creating orbs outside the range of Desecrate.

20m Desecrate Vs 40m Desecrate is a pretty big difference and the range also increases your tether range to Shadows which just about never follow you anywhere. Loose just two tethers and the extra Power Strength over Power Range doesn't matter anymore.

If you get into trouble a 15m Fear Vs a 24m Fear is also going to make a more noticeable difference.

Well i should just quit then I suppose

21 hours ago, Xzorn said:

There's honestly nothing wrong with being a selfish Nekros with base range Desecrate. Twenty meters is sufficient to produce enough health orbs to sustain yourself, and my build considers the support capabilities as an added bonus and not as the centerpiece of the build. Guaranteeing my own safety and sustainability is my top priority. If you prefer to play a more support-oriented Nekros, that's your playstyle and there's nothing wrong with it, but know that there are people out there that value different aspects of Nekros's ability set.

My neutral range build has no problems retaining Sheild of Shadows links because I'm required to recast Shadows of the Dead extremely often simply to keep my energy from topping off. This means that shadows that move farther away will be teleported back to me pretty regularly.

I find Terrify with its base range to be sufficient for how I play. I typically only use Terrify when surrounded and reviving allies, but I also typically recast Shadows of the Dead immediately before that so that my shadows can soak up aggro. Being overwhelmed is typically a non-issue.

Nekros tanks at least as well as Chroma, and there's nothing in this game that requires you to go up against high enough level enemies that this amount of tanking will be unable to handle it.

35 minutes ago, Inarticulate said:

There's honestly nothing wrong with being a selfish Nekros with base range Desecrate. Twenty meters is sufficient to produce enough health orbs to sustain yourself, and my build considers the support capabilities as an added bonus and not as the centerpiece of the build. Guaranteeing my own safety and sustainability is my top priority. If you prefer to play a more support-oriented Nekros, that's your playstyle and there's nothing wrong with it, but know that there are people out there that value different aspects of Nekros's ability set.

My neutral range build has no problems retaining Sheild of Shadows links because I'm required to recast Shadows of the Dead extremely often simply to keep my energy from topping off. This means that shadows that move farther away will be teleported back to me pretty regularly.

I find Terrify with its base range to be sufficient for how I play. I typically only use Terrify when surrounded and reviving allies, but I also typically recast Shadows of the Dead immediately before that so that my shadows can soak up aggro. Being overwhelmed is typically a non-issue.

Nekros tanks at least as well as Chroma, and there's nothing in this game that requires you to go up against high enough level enemies that this amount of tanking will be unable to handle it.

" If you just want to solo a base range Desecrate is fine but if you're in a group you're basically trading Mitigation for less support and less recovery because you will not be creating orbs outside the range of Desecrate."

I'd personally rather have Chroma on my team than a Nekros with no range. At least I know Chroma will get decent kill rates. Saying there's nothing wrong with a full tank Nekros is like saying there's nothing wrong with a full Iron Skin Rhino. Sure there's nothing wrong for YOU but some of your teammates might rather have the slot your taking up used by someone who cares about team synergy.

OP made a mention of building for endless missions. People have entirely different views on what that means. So I was just making mention that eventually nothing can tank so I personally don't see value in using all my mods for it, esp on Nekros who has mandatory augments.  If it's free like Chroma or Mesa sure who wouldn't take it but by the time the difference between Health Conversion or just Plain 84/90% Shadows makes a difference you're in the level range where team synergy is ideal so it's self defeating to build that way. Not to mention you very likely have CC in the group and the mitigation is wasted.

I know Nekros can near Chroma in survivability but Chroma can do enough damage to get to a point where it matters, Nekros generally can't without Naramon or a group.

There's nothing "Rewarding" to go up against high level enemies but there's reasons. I do lvl 200-300 solo about once a week and have a date for a quad level group stream sometime within the next 2 weeks. Hopefully... If all the stars align; there will be endless missions that start at Sorties levels and plenty of reward in the future.

On 10/14/2016 at 1:44 AM, CorbenikTheRebirth said:

I think Vitality over flow for sure, you are using Despoil, its a key point of sustain for a tanky Nekros and vitality enables it to be run longer, utilizing streamline is enough for energy consumption especially with equilibrium. The efficiency there trumps flow in my opinion

Just to throw in a different Idea for you, because personally I don't think tanky Nekros like this provides enough for a team except in survival. He can viable pretty much anywhere, I personally do a bit of a different build. I think this since Hydroid can achieve the extra drop thing as well and the health orb drop healing is easily trumped by trinity, unless others have conversion but i don't bank on that. So the build i utilize is Aura: Rejuvenation. Mods: Streamline, vitality, rage, equilibrium, health conversion, soul survivor, Despoil, Shield of shadowsExilus, Either, Speed drift (reduce cast time) or power drift (knockdown resist).

Power drift is for specific enemy sets that have a lot of knockdown since that can be easily fatal.

When I originally drafted this build for myself i though maybe it hurt too much to use 3 of the augment mods, but health conversion despoil equilibrium is just too good. I loved the idea of quick revives and it can really contribute to the team in a way that other frames normally can't, making it stand out, which is why rage found it way into the build. Soul survivor drains your energy to 0 (no matter the amount, making flow even less viable for me) Rage plus your health orb drop is a clean combo, and allows for efficient use along as you time your abilities well with their death timer. (making speed drift great if multiple are down, you can move quicker to the orbs to regen energy for another soul punch, carrier makes this even more efficient.) to top of the efficiency of this build, I utilize Arcane Victory for increase health regen, plus carrier with sweep with max fire rate since he can trigger arcane victory (sweeper makes for easy headshots.) and finally medi ray (more sustain, MORE!). This build if you play it right and time your abilities at the right time, your health will never drop below 50%, even in high level sorties and trials, and you are an ungodly medic, granting health orbs, quick revives, pulling a nice amount of aggro and sustain it. All while constantly keeping your energy in check, and never needing assistance from a frame like trinity.

I don't know if this help construct your build any better, if it does lemme know :3.

Reveal hidden contents

^ link to my build.

I like that idea, but last time i tried it, the dude i res-ed with soul survivor died right friggin' away! 
I think he's just not prepared to be res-ed, hence the mod will do just fine in a coordinated environment.

As for my own version of tanky nekros, here you go: blind rage, power drift, despoil, shield of shadows, health conversion, vitality, primed flow, quick thinking, and primed continuity.

Finally, about a 'tank' nekros being not beneficial to the team, i have to disagree. Aside from desecrate, you can tell your teammates to equip their own health conversions to make them tanky. In addition, there's also that aggro pull from shield of shadows and CC from terrify. As long as you don't use max range narrow minded or something, you will be appreciated just fine (speaking from my own experience). And comparing nekros to a chroma is just plain rude (except if he has that ward augment).

Comparing Tank Nekros to Chroma is justified because neither bring much of anything to the group as a whole.  Tank Nekros rerolls your kills for loot within 20m, Chroma kills twice the enemies Nekros can. They're basically the same in terms of group performance. Nekros only wins when you have more range and can reroll loot for everyone in the group and not just the people right next to you.

No one is going to slot Health Conversion because the mitigation it supplies and mitigation in general only get you so far. Not to mention you don't need mitigation or healing when you don't get hit. It's like planing for failure, don't do it. 

A well designed endurance group is about the group's performance as a whole, not any one person.

What in the world is wrong with preparing for failure? Expecting something without any failure is more unrealistic. But i am aware that even with a nekros, not all frame will benefit from health conversion due to their kit (e.g. mag's high shield/low health or limbo's inability to get orbs), still you can't deny the 80+% dmg reduction. 

Nekros' shadow has much more damage and health than the current enemy's, it fully scales with enemy levels. At some point, the damage will catch up to that of chroma's. And don't you dare forget about the aggro from the shadow, making nekros the closer thing to an RPG 'tank' in warframe.

About the overall team performance, when you already have a CC (vaub, nova, frost), buff/support (banshee, trin, oberon), and DPS (fukin' mesa), someone who can pull out aggro and set up/hold a frontline would be the ideal final piece don't you think? (Not to mention the extra loot!)

8 hours ago, mikami666134 said:

What in the world is wrong with preparing for failure? Expecting something without any failure is more unrealistic. But i am aware that even with a nekros, not all frame will benefit from health conversion due to their kit (e.g. mag's high shield/low health or limbo's inability to get orbs), still you can't deny the 80+% dmg reduction. 

Nekros' shadow has much more damage and health than the current enemy's, it fully scales with enemy levels. At some point, the damage will catch up to that of chroma's. And don't you dare forget about the aggro from the shadow, making nekros the closer thing to an RPG 'tank' in warframe.

About the overall team performance, when you already have a CC (vaub, nova, frost), buff/support (banshee, trin, oberon), and DPS (fukin' mesa), someone who can pull out aggro and set up/hold a frontline would be the ideal final piece don't you think? (Not to mention the extra loot!)

By preparing for failure you cause failure. In this case replacing mods you can 100% make use of for ones you "might" make use of at some point and inevitably won't because of enemy damage scaling. The main things that kicks you out of an endless missions are kill rate and boredom. By using slots for mitigation you're ensuring you won't get as far as you could or clear waves as fast as you could.

Shadows Damage scaled with enemy damage which is only really good against players.

That's not how I've ever done Endurance runs.  We run CC + Buff + Buff + Buff.  There's  no tank or healer. Only Damage output as a group with CC. If one of the buff frames can do something else like Volt, Rhino, Frost, then cool. Hell I find Trinity rather useless for post 300 endless missions.

"Trin is useless", as someone who has trin as the most used frame, i agree with you, her kit is too suportive for the pace Warframe is in.

Now onto the main topic, replacing a mod you'd use 100% of the time like intensify, with something that provides that amount of survivability is more than worth it imo. I haven't played much endless since SotR, but i remembered the last one i played. It was ODS and my mates were dying left, right and center (and we have a vauban too!). Using the  mitigation mods makes us survive longer where without them, we'd be extracting.

Dude, haven't you seen a shadow bombard rocket? I witnessed it clear the entire hallway. My team and i (we were playing at the same cafe) had a good laugh; saying things like "dude let your shadows do some work while we go and buy some food and drinks".

Weapons in Warframe is already absurd. A resonance banshee can easily multiply it by 10. Why need so many buffs? As for my preferred composition, well i don't have any but i like to let my teammates play whatever they enjoy the most. I just thought that the comp that i mentioned before was more logical. Every frame is great, what really matters is a player's skill with said frame. Synergies and combos will be made on the fly.