Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Carrier Prime build

Dopey

Question

11 answers to this question

First, ignore the guy that said "looter is useless", each to their own. Not everybody plays exactly the same.

I'll breakdown the mods to some choices:

Keeping the Sentinel Alive; You'll generally always want these.
Enhanced Vitality HP boost and with Carrier P's base already being high, this is great.
Metal Fiber Armor boost,  the Prime sentinels have higher base armor than the normal ones so this is great for them.
Calculated Redirection Why shields are not as high as Wyrm P, this helps as shields can block damage like puncture better to keep your sentinel alive.
Regen (This one is optional) I suggest only taking it if you end up with a free slot. Revives the Sentinel once.

Helping the Tenno; Thing to make your life easier.
Vacuum VOOOOOOOMMMM, but if you aren't looking for resources or don't care about drops, no need for it, but I doubt that. :)
Guardian Unless you are Inaros, Valkyr or don't boost your normal shields, this is nice to keep you shielded when maxed as it refilled your shield when they are empty. Great for Warframes like Frost.
Looter If you're lazy enough not to break the the crates yourself, then why not?
Medi-Ray Heals you over time. A very good if you don't have anything to heal yourself with normally.
Animal Instinct Gives you an enemy/loot radar with some fair distance. Good it you want to know the direction of loot.
Sanctuary (Not suggested to solo players) Creates a shield globe around you when reviving an ally.
Ammo Case I suggest this if you don't keep a melee equipped and/or use weapons with low ammo reserves.
Sacrifice (Not suggested) If you die a lot, it can be useful for some newer player. I personally don't suggest it, usually what kills you will kill your sentinel first.
Spare Parts (Not suggested) It MAY drop a rare resource when it dies... but do you want your little friend to die in the first place anyway?

Carrier "I can fight too!"; A sentinel can actually fight decently with a fully equipped weapon.
Striker If you actually want your carrier to shot the enemy.
Fired Up (Optional) Increases it's attack damage over time if it attacks multiple times.
Coolant Leak (Not suggested) Creates an aura to slow down enemies but the effect is quite weak. It has generally only been notably good to slow down Capture Targets.
Self Destruct (Not suggested) Again, we don't want your sentinel to die in the first place. Just explodes to do damage when killed.

In short, my personal suggestion is: (Your desire of looter included)
1. Enhanced Vitality
2. Metal Fiber
3. Calculated Redirection
4. Vacuum
5. Looter
6. Animal Instinct
7. Medi-Ray
8. Striker

Final two would be among these in this prefered order:
Sanctuary (remove if solo)
Ammo Case (only if you don't have a melee)  (If you lack a melee or have "ammo hoses and guns with low reserve ammo")
Guardian (Remove if you are Valkyr or Inaros)

And either of these last two if there is space:
Fired up
Regen

(Thanks to NinjaZeku for reminding me about ammo hose guns)

Edited by MoriNaur
Updated/Fixed information

10 minutes ago, MoriNaur said:

Ammo Case (only if you don't have a melee)

TBH, I don't quite get that one.
Unless you have guns with high innate ammo efficiency (or an Ammo Mutation installed),
more ammo is always a boon, especially for ammo hoses and guns with low reserve ammo (lol Ogris),
and even for decently efficient guns, this might let you get away with some more +Fire Rate.

[And yeah, Looter is most likely a waste of a Mod slot.]

14 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

TBH, I don't quite get that one.
Unless you have guns with high innate ammo efficiency (or an Ammo Mutation installed),
more ammo is always a boon, especially for ammo hoses and guns with low reserve ammo (lol Ogris),
and even for decently efficient guns, this might let you get away with some more +Fire Rate.

Aye true, but my reply is semi-based on my own personal opinion but I do agree with you on this, weapons that eat a lot of ammo could really benefit. (I'll actually edit that)

For my own personal experience though, I never come near the problem of ammo but that is because of my own playing style, as I would find ammo mods even more useless than looter personally. I often switch weapons around and use melee nearly half the time. (Note: I don't use looter myself either but hey, some people like it)

Edited by MoriNaur

2 hours ago, MoriNaur said:

First, ignore the guy that said "looter is useless", each to their own. Not everybody plays exactly the same.

explain me please the utility of that mod , I see youre way more expert sir :) Are you too lazy to break crates with your melee ? Ohhh now I understand everything...Ps: i dont even break crates pffffff...dont need that crap inside

18 minutes ago, (PS4)maso_sage-mode said:

explain me please the utility of that mod , I see youre way more expert sir :) Are you too lazy to break crates with your melee ? Ohhh now I understand everything...Ps: i dont even break crates pffffff...dont need that crap inside

"explain me please the utility of that mod" What, the same way you explained it's useless? First take your own advice.

" I see youre way more expert sir :)" Why thank you, but I doubt I'm an expert.

"Are you too lazy to break crates with your melee ?" I don't use Looter myself, and also the same can be said for calling Vacuum a lazy mod too, or radar functions.. and so on.

"Ohhh now I understand everything..." What that you know how to just give a flat out biased opinion without even explanation?

"Ps: i dont even break crates pffffff...dont need that crap inside" This thread wasn't for you, I don't think anybody asked if you need crate loot and some people still need to farm resources, so far you have been typing in a "Players helping players" thread to push your bias.

I am already ashamed right now that in this thread I'm replying to comment that's not productive or helpful.

Edited by MoriNaur

4 minutes ago, MoriNaur said:

"explain me please the utility of that mod" What, the same way you explained it's useless? First take your own advice.

" I see youre way more expert sir :)" Why thank you, but I doubt I'm an expert.

"Are you too lazy to break crates with your melee ?" I don't use Looter myself, and also the same can be said for calling Vacuum a lazy mod too, or radar functions.. and so on.

"Ohhh now I understand everything..." What that you know how to just give a flat without biased opinion without even explanation?

"Ps: i dont even break crates pffffff...dont need that crap inside" This thread wasn't for you, I don't think anybody asked if you need crate loot. And some people still need to farm resources so, so far you have been typing in a "Players helping players" thread to push your bias.

I am already ashamed right now that in this thread I'm replying to comment that's not productive or helpful.

I actually find it ankward that people cant properly build a sentinel and cant actually see wich mods are good and useful.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)maso_sage-mode said:

I actually find it ankward that people cant properly build a sentinel and cant actually see wich mods are good and useful.

Well usefulness is subjective, it depends on the player's desire or needs. Some like to play lazy, some like to do everything themselves, some will focus on defense and some offense. Good or useful is subjective to the player. I used to find it awkward that players can't try it out themselves as well, but I learned that some like to leech off the information of others (yet another form of laziness lol). I think it's the lack of effort from these players we find awkward :D

12 minutes ago, (PS4)maso_sage-mode said:

It's kinda awkward if people can't build a frame either and sentinels don't even have enough mods to actually have "builds".

20 minutes ago, MoriNaur said:

Well usefulness is subjective, it depends on the player's desire or needs. Some like to play lazy, some like to do everything themselves, some will focus on defense and some offense. Good or useful is subjective to the player. I used to find it awkward that players can't try it out themselves as well, but I learned that some like to leech off the information of others (yet another form of laziness lol). I think it's the lack of effort from these players we find awkward :D

Agree with you on that.

Looter IS trash.

Breaks one single crate every 3 seconds.

...Generally agreed to be not worth a mod slot.

Unless your "personal preferences" are... "special".

It also won't break open Resource Deposits at the moment.

Edited by NativeKiller